Image: Drew Pearson invited a few former teammates to dinner here is group photo

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
317939340_10159643662123547_8963880632027768825_n.jpg

Look at all those HOFers.
Way to go Drew! Now that's an awesome dinner party. Legendary!!!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @RS12 , it's great to see a lot of my childhood hero's still looking good.

When I was about 12, Drew came to Del Rio for a sports banquet and I was one of the kids invited. I was over the moon about it. My mom went to the mall and bought me a new Dallas Cowboys iron-on decal and blue shirt. I was so proud of that shirt and couldn't wait to show it off.

When I walked proudly into the banquet hall, I was the only kid not in a shirt and tie. I was horrified. My dad must have sensed it because I remember him telling me everything was ok.

I ended up having a great time and I still have the signed trading card and the picture of Drew and myself. He was such a friendly guy and seemed to enjoy being around all of us kids.

pitt33

Reaction score
Doug Cosbie behind Cornell Green in the white shirt

John Niland in the plaid shirt behind Mel Renfro.

Jesus this is bringing me back…

Last edited:

terra

Reaction score
It is incredible actually when you think about it; so many are still alive after all this time after the tremendous violence and stress of those years.

Just shows HOW TOUGH THEY REALLY WERE

pitt33

Reaction score
I only recognize two of those guys. Pearson and Roger. There wasn't as much exposure back then as there is now. Plus I was very young.
Just know that those Cowboy teams were something to watch and they were built totally through the draft. It was an outstanding organization then that did things the right way.

DTK

Reaction score
Would have loved to have been in that room to there those stories! So many heroes from my youth...Roger, Manster, Too Tall, Pearson, on and on.