Twitter: Driven

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Although Romo had better motto awareness...

He had terrific downfield awareness. I know nothing about his motto awareness, for certain.

Seriously, though, let's hope this will be the year that Dak improves in that 1st area, too. :)

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
JG doesnt have a plan on game day? Over analyzing fan.....exhibit 1

No he dosent when all the teams are good in the playoffs he dosent make adjustments or manage the clock well . Heck GB had an inferior team and made a living of the fact we couldn't get our players substituted with 2 weeks to prepare . That's unacceptable at this level .

No he is not the worst but he is not talented enough to win a SB no matter how much talent we acquire. Hes great at finding talent and motivating it to play hard . That gets us to the tournament winning requires you out think the guy across from you at least once in a while .

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
PATs are pretty simple with DO YOUR JOB . Difference is they have a coach with a plan for almost everything that could happen
and that coach is going to call the defensive plays for the pats this season they will win lots of games and be hard to beat

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why are you being negative over something that is suppose to be a positive? Nobody is claiming the mottos are what gets them over the hump or guarantees a successful season. They’re about trying to believe in yourself, and instill confidence in yourself. That’s the power of positivity.

Who is being negative? Ive coached for 20 years and I just dont believe in that stuff. You go to practice everyday and bust arse. You play as a team, or you dont. I just dont like seeing artificial motivation through slogans that I just think are total BS. Does it hurt? nah. Is it a big deal? Nah. It just doesnt fit my coaching style/personality, which is very honest, straight forward and to the point. If you need amoto to believe in yourself at the pro level, you got some serious issues IMO.

Its kind of like when we hear players or coaches talk about how great everyone gets along and how great the team's comraderie is. You ever notice that almost always seems to be the case with the team that is winning at a high clip? You ever hear a member of the browns from the previous 7 seasons talk about great comraderie? You cant measure this stuff.... thats why its all BS to me.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Who is being negative? Ive coached for 20 years and I just dont believe in that stuff. You go to practice everyday and bust arse. You play as a team, or you dont. I just dont like seeing artificial motivation through slogans that I just think are total BS. Does it hurt? nah. Is it a big deal? Nah. It just doesnt fit my coaching style/personality, which is very honest, straight forward and to the point. If you need amoto to believe in yourself at the pro level, you got some serious issues IMO.

Its kind of like when we hear players or coaches talk about how great everyone gets along and how great the team's comraderie is. You ever notice that almost always seems to be the case with the team that is winning at a high clip? You ever hear a member of the browns from the previous 7 seasons talk about great comraderie? You cant measure this stuff.... thats why its all BS to me.

You know what? I hope you have an incredible day! :thumbup:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You know what? I hope you have an incredible day! :thumbup:
I will.... and Im not sure why you think that is negative. I just dont go for the rah rah bs. I dont think it serves a purpose. Everything should be legit and genuine. Slogans are just that.... slogans,

I will have a great day as we leave for Oxnard in the morning:)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will.... and Im not sure why you think that is negative. I just dont go for the rah rah bs. I dont think it serves a purpose. Everything should be legit and genuine. Slogans are just that.... slogans,

I will have a great day as we leave for Oxnard in the morning :)

Does anyone ever utter these words from September of one year through June of the next?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I will have a great day as we leave for Oxnard in the morning:)

Enjoy Oxnard on my way to TO for a few hours.

You’re applying it to just sports in this context, and I’m applying it to life in general. The power of positivity is greater than just sports coach. It’s about belief within.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Does anyone ever utter these words from September of one year through June of the next?
not sure..... But I do enjoy the golf course in Oxnard. They have 2 courses right next to the training camp facility. They are LONG and the last hold is on an Island that I lost about 6 balls on 2 years ago. One of the holes is actually altered for training camp because the course is practically on top of the facility. Its a GREAT couple of days.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Enjoy Oxnard on my way to TO for a few hours.

You’re applying it to just sports in this context, and I’m applying it to life in general. The power of positivity is greater than just sports coach. It’s about belief within.
I dont disagree with you there. My wife is Mrs. positive, and it has surely contributed to her success in her career. IN sports, Im positive when needed, and Im critical when needed. Look at Belichek. What do you think he does more of? Positivity or critical?

CB61

Reaction score
Where have you been hiding?

tenor.gif
WTH ??????

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I dont disagree with you there. My wife is Mrs. positive, and it has surely contributed to her success in her career. IN sports, Im positive when needed, and Im critical when needed. Look at Belichek. What do you think he does more of? Positivity or critical?

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling

- Bill Belichick

Reactions: BAT