Drones

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Agreed ,very cool. Was kind of hoping that he would have been a little more adventurous and used one of those propellers to slice open the hive, I think it would have done a job on it.
I was hoping for a little more action too. I was hoping for one of those gun attachments I've seen. I tried dealing with a sizeable hornet's nest at my Mom's house one time with a spray and ended up running for my life. Those things can be nasty!

jsb357

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Is this the type ao drone we are talking about???:huh::huh::huh:

They must redo avionics in Predators at L3 in Waco
because they fly over my house all the time.

:eek:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Anybody here own a drone? I'm tossing around the idea of purchasing one. Have been wanting one for some time now, and I can think of some fun usage out of it (good jetski footage as an example), but I am afraid it might turn into a novelty item. Take it everywhere at first, but once the shine wears off, it's an expensive toy in my closet. Hey, kind of like my GoPro. So, still kicking around the idea.

If you do own one, what one do you have experience with? So far it seems to me that DJI makes the best consumer drone. Just looking for opinions and/or directions.

Get a cheap one to start. If you like it, upgrade.

This one is on sale for less than $100

https://www.amazon.com/SNAPTAIN-Foldable-120°Wide-Angle-Trajectory-Batteries/dp/B07P6PRXLH/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=drone&qid=1562077411&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=gateway&sr=8-3

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think owning a quality one would be pretty cool, if I lived in an rural Midwestern A.O. ,,,I'd try to employ it in huntin' up things, like for deer, varmints, arrowheads& probably other peoples 'green reefer' patches alsoo_O

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Eh, I did it. Pulled the trigger last night. Got the DJI Mavik Air. Pretty cool little thing. Did a few test flights yesterday. Pretty easy to fly but will take practice getting smooth video and I have much to learn in the way of all the functions. So, we will will see how much I use it, but so far, excited about my purchase.
:laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, pieced together my first video. Took a trip to a place in Idaho called Cascade Lake. Not a perfect video, but, I am learning. When you first buy a drone you expect to just throw it up in the air and go capture some dope video. Nope. It takes a lot of work. There's lighting, ND filters, exposure, smooth flying (to get that "cinematic" look), watching where you're flying, post-editing and color grading (I shoot everything really flat), etc. etc. Tracking everything is a lot of work. As you will see, I had some lighting issues. At any rate, I'm having a blast with the thing and look forward to getting better. :)

nobody

Reaction score
Well, pieced together my first video. Took a trip to a place in Idaho called Cascade Lake. Not a perfect video, but, I am learning. When you first buy a drone you expect to just throw it up in the air and go capture some dope video. Nope. It takes a lot of work. There's lighting, ND filters, exposure, smooth flying (to get that "cinematic" look), watching where you're flying, post-editing and color grading (I shoot everything really flat), etc. etc. Tracking everything is a lot of work. As you will see, I had some lighting issues. At any rate, I'm having a blast with the thing and look forward to getting better. :)

Great first vid and beautiful scenery! Not sure the song choice matches the scenery though :) lol

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

* private Idaho/ B-52's tune would've been infinitely more better,just sayin'o_O*

That's a pretty awesome piece of work Friend!
Color me a "Following" fan of yer's ,,,Now!,,, I can't hardly wait for the next upcoming installment, don't make me wait too long bro,I loved it,now see if you could focus the clarity down to, like, maybe being able to define game tracks in the snow pack?,,, could you imagine stowing that gizmo away on a week long horseback elk hunt?
WOW.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah music is definitely subjective. I kind of just threw something on there quick as I was mostly focused on the video. All good though. I take crisitism as learning. :)