Drop issues, Bring in Dez

jrumann59

Reaction score
A bit much? Some throws were way off but a lot more throws were on the money that were dropped. The Green Bay game and cooper comes to mind. Gallup in the jets game. Etc. It’s not a bit much to ask these receivers to maybe change direction a bit. Considering what they are being paid. And the fact Witten was dropping easy catches for him says a lot more about the wr tight ends than the qb
I did not say all. I recognize that easy passes were dropped but also difficult passes that should not have been difficult passes were dropped. The drop count criteria is also a moving target stat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Witten hell no, he is slow as molasses
Dez can still move and catch.
Catch, sometimes. Move? There's been no evidence of that. Since he was terrible last time he played for us, not sure why you'd even claim that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes he had drops but lets not forget a lot of those passes were not on target ie he had to make miraculous adjustments to even have a chance at catching. A lot of the drops this year were off target throws. Should they have been caught maybe but asking receivers to change direction in a split second because a ball is behind them is a bit much considering the physics involved
Man, this is some major spinning.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The fact that yall dont want Dez to even get a workout is telling. Seems personal to me

Perhaps it's the fact that 31 other teams haven't bothered to give him a workout
in over a year. It would've been interesting to see him play the final month of 2018
for New Orleans but his time has passed.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ugh, I wouldn't mind seeing Dez wearing the star again, but he's just too much of a whiner on both the sidelines and locker room. And he wonders why no team has picked him up yet. o_O

kskboys

Reaction score
The fact that yall dont want Dez to even get a workout is telling. Seems personal to me
Yup, it is personal. I personally don't like WR's who jog their routes and refuse to rehab injuries. And for some very odd reason, don't use their amazing physical skillset to even try to get open. Yup, personal.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ugh, I wouldn't mind seeing Dez wearing the star again, but he's just too much of a whiner on both the sidelines and locker room. And he wonders why no team has picked him up yet. o_O

That's the key, why would we want a player that nobody else wants, if he truly does have ability left? Besides, he's 31 years old, yeah let's bring in someone to take passes away from Cooper, Gallup, Jarwin, Zeke and Pollard, all 25 years old or less. And that's ignoring all the histrionics, etc.

Nope...

kskboys

Reaction score
Every time I see this title I just laugh. Hey, we have trouble w/ drops? Well, let's bring in the guy known for drops and fumbles!!! Hey, great idea!!!!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yes he had drops but lets not forget a lot of those passes were not on target ie he had to make miraculous adjustments to even have a chance at catching. A lot of the drops this year were off target throws. Should they have been caught maybe but asking receivers to change direction in a split second because a ball is behind them is a bit much considering the physics involved

So what will change between that year and this next season? It will still be the same quarterback throwing those passes. If they are not on target, then he will have the same "drop" issues. Really the only thing that has changed since then is he is close to 3 years older and had to deal with a major leg injury. The only positive is that he won't be offered or given a large salary as he had the last time he played.

jsb357

Reaction score
catchthat.jpg

jrumann59

Reaction score
So what will change between that year and this next season? It will still be the same quarterback throwing those passes. If they are not on target, then he will have the same "drop" issues. Really the only thing that has changed since then is he is close to 3 years older and had to deal with a major leg injury. The only positive is that he won't be offered or given a large salary as he had the last time he played.
Using him as big body pass catching TE is interesting idea. No team would cover him with a LB. A DB would be a mismatch once he caught the ball.