DT Grady Jarrett

Rayman70

Reaction score
More stuff about Grady: Last season, the Falcons played him out of position. He doesn't fit in a 3-4. He also faced constant double and triple teams due to lack of talent around him.

That's from the scouting reports, not me. I'm not a Falcons fan and wouldn't know this w/o reading about it.
I think hes worth a look. He's under contract? If so, what can we trade to get him?

John813

Reaction score
I think hes worth a look. He's under contract? If so, what can we trade to get him?

Yup, but on the back end of a big deal so the team that acquires him has him for 1 year @ 16.5mil before any extension talk.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Yup, but on the back end of a big deal so the team that acquires him has him for 1 year @ 16.5mil before any extension talk.

You could get him for a 5th. Falcons wanna get outta the contract one of the Coaches wants him yo anchor his 3-4 defense. But there is a consensus that the Cowboys are scary high on DAVIS DT in the draft. This could get intreasting very quick when the draft happens

kskboys

Reaction score
You could get him for a 5th. Falcons wanna get outta the contract one of the Coaches wants him yo anchor his 3-4 defense. But there is a consensus that the Cowboys are scary high on DAVIS DT in the draft. This could get intreasting very quick when the draft happens
I sure hope this is true!!! A playmaking NT would help vault this team into a playoff advancing type of team.

Carson

Reaction score
Grady seeing Jerry calling

atlanta-falcons-grady-jarrett.gif

Grady after hearing their offer

atlanta-falcons-grady-jarrett.gif

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No its we need that griddy NT who demands attention. Double teams etc
Grady Jarrett is a 3T, not a NT. He only had 1 sack last year and 4 the year before. A good player 2018-2019 but not someone you would give up much for. Tyeler Davison was the Falcons NT. He was released this year and is still available but Quinn apparently hasn't pushed to sign him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Grady Jarrett is a 3T, not a NT. He only had 1 sack last year and 4 the year before. A good player 2018-2019 but not someone you would give up much for. Tyeler Davison was the Falcons NT. He was released this year and is still available but Quinn apparently hasn't pushed to sign him.
Jarrett is a poor fit in the 3-4 they're now playing. And he has nothing beside him.

CapnB

Reaction score
More stuff about Grady: Last season, the Falcons played him out of position. He doesn't fit in a 3-4. He also faced constant double and triple teams due to lack of talent around him.

That's from the scouting reports, not me. I'm not a Falcons fan and wouldn't know this w/o reading about it.

Hey buddy, thought about you when they finally drafted big john... how ya feel about it? and aint it funny hearing jerry say he held his breath with those lighter quicker guys might get big boy'd in the run game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey buddy, thought about you when they finally drafted big john... how ya feel about it? and aint it funny hearing jerry say he held his breath with those lighter quicker guys might get big boy'd in the run game.
I love Ridgeway. Not sure he's a 1 tech, though, his skillset points more toward 3 tech. However, at his height, if he can be trained to play lower, he might be. When he rises at the snap, he loses the leverage battle, which you cannot do at the 1. That's why most NT's are 6-0 to 6-3. You let those nasty OG's get underneath you, and your strength is negated and you're not going anywhere.

McLendon was a very similar player, and he learned how to do it.