DT Jeffery Simmons, projected to be a top 15-pick, suffered a knee injury

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simmons at 58 is a steal.

I want the immediate help but I'm not sure I could pass him up there.

We won't have to worry about it though..even injured he's going way before we pick.

Yes, they can't pass up a top 15 type player at #58 assuming it's a standard ACL injury.

I would want to structure the contract such that he does not get a year towards free agency. It's unclear if they did that with Jaylon.

He either won't be available at #58 or he was not going to be a top 15 pick if healthy.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
Top 10 talent if hes healthy, Even if he's still injured come draft time i cant see simmons falling out of the 1st round. BUT if he does i hope jerry pounces on the pick. He's an automatic upgrade imo.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do we feel about the fact that he punched a woman? Still ok with him at 58?

If he's eligible to play, yes. If he is potentially facing a suspension, no.

I'd let the courts handle that. I don't know the story. I don't want to know the story. I want to build a football team to play football with the players that are available to me.

Plankton

Reaction score
How do we feel about the fact that he punched a woman? Still ok with him at 58?

Would not be on my draft board. But, there's a reason why I'm on a message board and not working in an NFL front office.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Its a mighty big if - but IF he was available at # 58, I would undoubtedly pull the trigger. YEs, he sits the first year but that's a hell of a pickup. They would have to have that plan in place and somehow grab a FA to fill in the roster at DT.
These are the sort of moves you roll over that 11.3 million for, when an opportunity comes - grab it.
Now, will they ? Who knows. Should they ? Hell yes.

sbark

Reaction score
How old by April draft?.....some like Tyron are barely 20, some are 24 plus

cnuball21

Reaction score
Absolutely love the player, but I’m not even sure with the injury he’ll last til our 2nd pick.

Maybe early 2nd round now?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
No chance he gets to #58.
Raiders have four of the first thirty five picks....they are using one on him.