DT Malik Jackson expected to sign with Eagles

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just sit around and watch teams with talent get better, we will watch and sign later free agents for cheap and wonder why we get beat. If we don’t win the superbowl this year, i sure hope maelik jackson destroys us in every way. Maybe that will show them spending some money in free agency isnt so bad (still plenty of guys out there, but im not counting on signing them)

Since Carr have we spent anything? They have become very timid since that time frame.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It is all fun and games until after the initial frenzy is over and then this franchise starts signing the Deonte Thompsons of this league.

Then it is more bitter remorse, even from those saying "all is well" the first few days.
but the Comp Picks we shall have

Gaede

Reaction score
Don't we have to lose good players to get comp picks?

I mean what can we hope Beasley nets us? A 5th or 6th rounder? Oh boy. Gotta protect that!

That 5th or 6th could net us a Danny Coale or the next Olawale!! We're playing the long game here

Fwed

Reaction score
Based on what Howie Roseman likes to do, and the fact it’s only a 3 year deal, I can already tell you how it’s structured. It’ll essentiallly be 2 years/16 millions for a third year at 14m$ with no guarantees left. If he’s awesome, they keep him, if he’s fitting in, they extend him and reduce at that last year number, if he’s not, they cut him after 2 for 8 mil per. The first year cap hit is probably around 6mil too.
Totally agree

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
This is where I think having Rod Marinelli around kills us.

VERY possible you are right....who knows. Thing is, you guys can't underestimate JJ and his son's sparkling personalities either. Lots of players in the league think they are billionaire bumpkins. I mean, they are both jackasses more or less. Rod is a solid old dude, but he's OLD. Which is why Richard should be DC now and be the face of the D. Younger, more in tune with free agents, etc....so yeah, Risen is right on here. Another reason we won't win big anytime soon with the same cast of characters sticking around year after year. Just so damn disappointing.

PS....sure hope Fred beard can make it back 100%. Gonna need him with the Eagles stockpiling their Dline like this. Also makes me realize how truly average at best our Dline is. Wasn't too bad until the Ganja duo decided to pick weed over their career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
VERY possible you are right....who knows. Thing is, you guys can't underestimate JJ and his son's sparkling personalities either. Lots of players in the league think they are billionaire bumpkins. I mean, they are both jackasses more or less. Rod is a solid old dude, but he's OLD. Which is why Richard should be DC now and be the face of the D. Younger, more in tune with free agents, etc....so yeah, Risen is right on here. Another reason we won't win big anytime soon with the same cast of characters sticking around year after year. Just so damn disappointing.

PS....sure hope Fred beard can make it back 100%. Gonna need him with the Eagles stockpiling their Dline like this. Also makes me realize how truly average at best our Dline is. Wasn't too bad until the Ganja duo decided to pick weed over their career.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

You nailed it, after giving up what we did against the rams you would think we would have all guns on deck to stop the run. To at least show the fans we saw what you saw, but my goodness the egirls got stronger.