DT Malik Jackson released

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
As an aside, I am really surprised and disappointed that Rod Marinelli is sticking around yet another year. I didn't see that coming if Richard stayed with the Cowboys. I thought for sure that would force Marinelli out. Which needs to happen for this team to take the next step defensively. Get his voice out of the personnel meetings.

Well just because he stayed doesn't mean he'll have the same input as before, they may just be easing Richard into the DC spot so as not to cause too much disruption on the defense. I think last year we saw enough of Richard chewing out the defense to tell us that Marinelli's influence is waning....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While these other teams are forced to cut guys, I'm so glad that we can afford to keep guys like Allen Hurns, and Sean Lee, and Tyrone Crawford, and Jason Witten again.

It's just too bad that we can't sign Lawrence or take part in free agency.

Oh well...

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They love Marinelli for his ability to "coach em up" (even though those players he can develop still end up having limited ceilings). Now they will probably expect Richard to do the same with DBs. Keep being cheap on defense

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They love Marinelli for his ability to "coach em up" (even though those players he can develop still end up having limited ceilings). Now they will probably expect Richard to do the same with DBs. Keep being cheap on defense
"Coaching up" is code for milking the moderately talented and cheap for maximum value.

remdak

Reaction score
Now they have released Parnell. Would love him as a backup again, but he will be too costly like everybody else,

LittleD

Reaction score
Marinelli loves orphans and quick twitch lineman who can maul the QB. He loves no-names which completely lines up
with Stephen's thinking. If any of these guys are available in the 3rd week of FA and are willing to come at a discount,
McClay and Stephen will haul them in.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Joey Ivie could be a free agent if the Chiefs don't exercise their erfa rights over him. Maybe it's time for the reunion.
ORIkbpl.gif