DT rotation vs Washington

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A lot of ok at DT. Would love one difference maker.

Gallimore and Odig might be, but, of course, they might not. Unless they get there before this season ends, we should not count on them being difference makers and should make that a priority. With what we've got outside and Parsons, imagine what this defense could be with a stud 3T.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Bohanna and Gallimore on short yardage should do just fine. By this time next year Osa will be the inside game wrecker some are looking for.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
  • LB/DE Parsons: 54
  • DE DeMarcus Lawrence: 47
  • DE Randy Gregory: 31
  • 3 T Odighizuwa: 30
  • 3 T Neville Gallimore: 30
  • DE Dorance Armstrong: 29
  • 1 T DT Trysten Hill: 28
  • DE Tarell Basham: 27
  • DE Carlos Watkins: 19
  • DE Chauncey Golston: 18
  • 1 T DT Quinton Bohanna: 7
This is the snap count from the game Sunday. That's a pretty good group of pass rushers and I love the rotation to keep guys fresh.
But does anything stand out to ya'll? What I see is a whole lot of DE's, a couple 3 tech's, but very very little true 1 Tech players and/or plays for them.
I see this as an advantage in passing situations, but on short yardage/goal line and on running plays in general we are being "out weighed" on the inside. True 1 tech DT has long been overlooked by this FO and it still is hurting this team.

Bohanna at 360# is our only true 1 Tech on this team. And tbh, he just isn't ready for the trenches.

We have 3 IMO, tweeners:
Hill is 308#
Watkins (listed as a DE?) is 305#
Gallimore is 302#

Odigi at 280# is a true 3 Tech
Now these weights maybe wrong, but this is what is listed on the team site so it's what I'm going off of.

Gallimore is around 325 now and has massively increased his strength. What he did to the Washington center is the type of thing we took notice when Hargreaves and Vea were doing it to Biadasz. He played mostly at the 1

What I saw with Gallimore and Hill taking on double teams was very encouraging. We are getting push.now. Parsons, Gregory, and DLaw can feast. All look very good.

DLaw looks fresh and quick. His fist step is explosive as evidenced on his sacks. Flying upfield and he has a great sense of angles in short spaces to turn the corner. Agility is there too.

Gregory looks a little worn down. Not surprising in the least given his past. I like limiting his snap count and rotating Armstrong in. He still makes plays.

Armstrong is step below those guys but he has improved this year. He has a nice burst off the line and his hands and timing are new tools. Does get crushed inside on runs sometimes.