CFZ DT Trysten Hill could surprise

stilltheguru

Reaction score
People seem invested in his failure for whatever reason. Just like the folks who can't bring themselves to acknowledge how good Dak is or seemed to miss the fact that Zeke played on one leg for 11 games last season. Or they want the team to cut Tyron Smith, who has played through all kinds of pain just to try and be there for his teammates. I don't get it. No matter what I think of a player if he's wearing the Star I want him to ball out.

I would offer one minor correction to your "one trait that is top notch" assessment though. I believe his upper body strength is pretty impressive as well. When he is able to get hands on a blocker he tosses them like ragdolls. His problem has been consistently applying the technique necessary to get his hands on them before they get hands on him. The other thing that I have repeatedly noticed about him is his motor. Dude never gives up on a play and is frequently in on tackles 20+ yards downfield on plays that went outside or on the opposite side of the field to him. There's a lot to like about Hill to me.. I just don't know where his head is. That display after the Thanksgiving game was disgraceful.. even though in his defense the dude did walk up on him trying to bait him.. and he unfortunately fell for it. Gotta be smarter. I pray he gets a little smarter this year and going forward.
Nobody is invested in his failure. We just don't care because he's shown by his actions he doesn't care. You can wave pom poms for him all you want. I hope he has an all pro season.......then he can enjoy the franchise tag.