Twitter: DT Trysten Hill suspended 2 games for punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And all those possibilities still existed when hill swung on him after the game, only worse since the raider was unsuspecting and the reasonable expectation of 'protect yourself at all times' during the game had been dropped.

After watching the guy as he approached Hill there was no "unsuspecting" going on. He was jawing and moving forward like he was a badass and Hill pimpslapped him. Much as I think it was a stupid thing for Hill to do I absolutely want players with some damn fight in them and who are in a bad mood after losing. To hell with seeking out the guy who just kicked your arse and huggin up on him like yall just had a meal together. Give me the guy who is in a foul mood after losing all day every day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Roy would you say Toni found his target and waited 30 seconds until he wasn't looking then threw a punch at him? I mean the videos clearly show it, it s a judgement call as they both are under the same unsportsman like conduct rule...I'm all for that rule being 2 games no questions asked for any of it...but judgement calls leave room for this kinda crap where it is very inconsisten on what the punishment is....one cant be a 12k fine and the other 2 games...it beggs for these comments.

Two different situations. Read the explanation. Its very clear.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A sucker punch is when the other guy isn't looking...He was looking right at him in a chest to chest confrontation that was initiated by #76

Per the NFL statement: "You both engaged in a verbal chest-to-chest confrontation which you escalated by throwing an open hand punch to his facemask, forcible enough to cause your opponent's helmet to come off.'

Nope.........a sucker punch is when the guy isnt expecting it. Can be not looking or just talking to each other.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No all they did was recite the rule. No explanation as to why his violation was so much worse than the hundred other punches thrown this year that didn’t end with a suspension.

it’s clear you don’t like the kid so it’s all good. But as a fan of the team I question why the standard for him is different than the others. You haven’t and they haven’t explained that because it can’t be explained.

Nope, they explained it point blank. If you cant get that far, I wont be able to help you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After watching the guy as he approached Hill there was no "unsuspecting" going on. He was jawing and moving forward like he was a badass and Hill pimpslapped him. Much as I think it was a stupid thing for Hill to do I absolutely want players with some damn fight in them and who are in a bad mood after losing. To hell with seeking out the guy who just kicked your arse and huggin up on him like yall just had a meal together. Give me the guy who is in a foul mood after losing all day every day.

Dont give me the bust idiot that finally gets back and then does something stupid. Dont give me the guy that walks out after the game seeking and targeting a player and then punches him.

I am behind the NFL on this one. Im surprised he didnt get longer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL.............is that what you teach your kids to do after the game? Walk out and confront the guy and punch him when it's over?

Then pat him on the back for pimp slapping? What a father.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL.............is that what you teach your kids to do after the game? Walk out and confront the guy and punch him when it's over?

Then pat him on the back for pimp slapping? What a father.

My kids are in their 30's.. they can decide what to do for themselves.. and if some wannabe tough guy steps to them jaw jackin they are perfectly capable of teaching them some manners.. You go hug it out.. I'm not interested.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Nope, they explained it point blank. If you cant get that far, I wont be able to help you.

So point out to me in the statement by the NFL where they explained why his punch was so much more worse the Toney's punch that it required a 2 game suspension vs a 12K fine?

That's the issue, no one is saying what he did wasn't stupid or a violation of the rule. The question is, why did he get two games when Toney only got a small fine.. both were premediated, both were sucker punches, both were clear violation of the rule... they were exactly the same offense, so where did the NFL state why Hills was so egregious vs what Toney did ? I have read their statement 10 times, all it does is recite the rule. We know the rule was violated. And if everyone that threw a punch was given 2 games , so be it.. not a word would be said. But to pick and choose, which ones are worthy of suspension - there are only few vs those the league will only do a fine is the issue. It opens up the NFL to the bias talk, which should never be the case.

I get you hate the kid, which is fine but don't make stuff up, the NFL did not provide that type of explanation because there is no explanation that makes sense, so they can't provide one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My kids are in their 30's.. they can decide what to do for themselves.. and if some wannabe tough guy steps to them jaw jackin they are perfectly capable of teaching them some manners.. You go hug it out.. I'm not interested.

I dont care how old they are. If you teach them to fight the opponent after a game and seek them out, dont have anymore. And stay away from your grand kids.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Two different situations. Read the explanation. Its very clear.
Explain in your view what makes them different situations and then point out in the rule, where that is discussed as differential punishment. A punch is a punch, every punch should be the exact same punishment for everyone in the NFL.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I’m fine with the suspension.

You can’t be swinging at guys.

Being smart matters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So point out to me in the statement by the NFL where they explained why his punch was so much more worse the Toney's punch that it required a 2 game suspension vs a 12K fine?

That's the issue, no one is saying what he did wasn't stupid or a violation of the rule. The question is, why did he get two games when Toney only got a small fine.. both were premediated, both were sucker punches, both were clear violation of the rule... they were exactly the same offense, so where did the NFL state why Hills was so egregious vs what Toney did ? I have read their statement 10 times, all it does is recite the rule. We know the rule was violated. And if everyone that threw a punch was given 2 games , so be it.. not a word would be said. But to pick and choose, which ones are worthy of suspension - there are only few vs those the league will only do a fine is the issue. It opens up the NFL to the bias talk, which should never be the case.

I get you hate the kid, which is fine but don't make stuff up, the NFL did not provide that type of explanation because there is no explanation that makes sense, so they can't provide one.

I guess you cant read, but I will help you out.

It was the premeditated, seeking out, after the game nature of the unsportsmanlike that made it worse then just a run of the mill punch in the heat of the battle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Explain in your view what makes them different situations and then point out in the rule, where that is discussed as differential punishment. A punch is a punch, every punch should be the exact same punishment for everyone in the NFL.

It was the premeditated, seeking out, after the game nature of the unsportsmanlike that made it worse then just a run of the mill punch in the heat of the battle.

blueblood70

Reaction score

exactly its the NFL FO and RG that Irritated the living crap out of us because there's no consistency, no fairness. They just throw dart at chart and say yup lets do this just because we can....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I dont care how old they are. If you teach them to fight the opponent after a game and seek them out, dont have anymore. And stay away from your grand kids.

My grandkids will learn not to take sh off people either.. You teach yours.. I'll teach mine..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My grandkids will learn not to take sh off people either.. You teach yours.. I'll teach mine..

Well, dont blame society when they cant make it in the world or wind up in jail. As plenty of people seem to be doing these days. The bottom line is the #1 thing that affects who you become are your parents.

You teach your kids, I will teach mine. Indeed

Ronnie school or teaching his kids:

1. When you lose, go punch out the winner
2. If someone messes with you, punch them

Indeed

Brooksey

Reaction score
Nope.........a sucker punch is when the guy isnt expecting it. Can be not looking or just talking to each other.

When you chest bump somebody and stick your nose in their face with words you should expect it.
Let's just call it what it really was...dumb!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

where does it say anything about premeditated in the rule? Or seeking out? Or after the game ? You are doing the same thing the commish does and just making stuff up to fit your idea. The rule is in black and white. The rule is the rule. And the punishment should be the same. If they want to just make stuff up they should write the rule that way. And again. Toney punch was seeking out and premeditated as well. So again no difference even by your own rule that you made up. It was after a play when teams where walking back to their huddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.