Twitter: DT Trysten Hill suspended 2 games for punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOLLLLLLLL

So nothing about postgame conduct, fights or punches. Got it.

And Goodell’s totally all about “cleaning up the game” since he allows group celebrations now... and the Giants WR who punched our guy during the game, with a national TV audience watching it in slow-mo, was also suspended for that, right?

Maybe you’ll do better at life tomorrow.
:thumbup:

Is this life for you? :muttley::muttley:

Keep looking. 8 years ago...............funny stuff.

Hill was premeditated after the game. Toney was in the heat of the battle. Big difference. The NFL gave a full explanation that made total sense.

If this was some kind of work assignment you would have failed miserably.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Tony didn't get suspended because he missed
He should be suspended more because he can't punch if anything lol...

In all seriousness the intent and the attempt should be enough for at least similar. Maybe a 1 game, but just 12k? That's laughable

Nav22

Reaction score
Is this life for you? :muttley::muttley:

Keep looking. 8 years ago...............funny stuff.

Hill was premeditated after the game. Toney was in the heat of the battle. Big difference. The NFL gave a full explanation that made total sense.

If this was some kind of work assignment you would have failed miserably.
I love how you edited your above post way after the fact, because you realized how stupid you looked by not providing a single example of any changes to the relevant rules since then.

Then you tried to include “late hits” and “PI” as if that applies to this situation.

Maybe tomorrow you won’t suck at life?

Or maybe by then you’ll dig up an example of a Mexican HS football player who got 2 games for the same thing Hill did?
:lmao2:

Reactions: CWR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love how you edited your above post way after the fact, because you realized how stupid you looked by not providing a single example of any changes to the relevant rules since then.

Then you tried to include “late hits” and “PI” as if that applies to this situation.

Maybe tomorrow you won’t suck at life?

Or maybe by then you’ll dig up an example of a Mexican HS football player who got 2 games for the same thing Hill did?
:lmao2:

Do you have a problem with Mexican football players?

Man..........I wish I could be as good at life as you are. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITED ACTS

There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

1. Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
  2. Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
  3. Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.
Notes:

1. Under no circumstance is a player allowed to shove, push, or strike an official in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. The player shall be disqualified from the game, and any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

2. Two violations of (a), (b), or (c) (above) by the same player, which occur before or during the game, will result in disqualification in addition to the yardage penalty. Any violations at the game site on the day of the game, including postgame, may result in discipline by the Commissioner. Any violation of (g) above may result in disqualification and also will include discipline by the Commissioner. An official must see the entire action for a player to be disqualified.
There is the rule. Explain to me where the Punch by the Giants WR is different than Hills? They were both prohibited acts. The only difference is the Commissioner suspended the Cowboy player, because he can. And leveled a pretty small fine to the Giants WR, surprised they didn't cut the WR a check for services rendered.

No where in the rule does it say anything about "in the moment emotions". They both violated the rule in pretty obvious circumstances. One got a fine, One got a suspension and what amounts to an 8x the fine for exactly the same infraction. The WR was fined 12,500 for his premeditated sucker punch and Hill was given a 2 game without pay suspension which cost him 100k for his premeditated sucker punch.

Not defending his actions.. I think he was wrong and whatever happens happens.. not upset they are disciplining him at all. But I am pissed that other players do the same and worse and get nothing.. it really shows how biased the NFL is at certain teams- there is no other explanation.

The NFL explained it perfectly for you. Make total sense. Try reading it a couple times over and maybe it will sink in.

Creeper

Reaction score
So the Mara's just got off the phone with Goodell and the result is Hill gets suspended for 2 games.

Honestly, I can see a 1 game suspension. If he did that during the game he would be kicked out of the game and fined, like Kadarius Toney. Two games is excessive and more than anyone I have seen throw a punch has gotten. Hill should appeal it but I think he will lose.

I am not defending Hill. It was stupid and selfish.

But I also believe if Hill played for any other team than Dallas he would get 1 game at most.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was a cheap shot, and I actually have no problem with a suspension. BUT - there was nothing for the body slam after the TD in New England, or many other similar cheap shots this year alone. Oh well, no one claims the league is fair. It's pretty clearly biased.

No its pretty clear the difference. The NFL even gave a write up as to why.

Silly

Reaction score
I like it. Always thought the cowboys were soft. They need more players like Hill!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So the Mara's just got off the phone with Goodell and the result is Hill gets suspended for 2 games.

Honestly, I can see a 1 game suspension. If he did that during the game he would be kicked out of the game and fined, like Kadarius Toney. Two games is excessive and more than anyone I have seen throw a punch has gotten. Hill should appeal it but I think he will lose.

I am not defending Hill. It was stupid and selfish.

But I also believe if Hill played for any other team than Dallas he would get 1 game at most.

Another conspiracy theory. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

If its after the game, then how do you kick him our for the game? Its more then fair and should have been longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.