Dual threat QB

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
who gives a ***** brah, its here high on the first page and still being discussed... its not like I brought back a 2019 post, this is fresh..

so stick a wet finger in a light socket DB, maybe it will improve your attitude....:angry::muttley:

Anything and everything pertaining to Prescott has been discussed to the EXTREME. Also there can be a thread at the bottom of the Fan Zone page and if someone makes a comment on it, that threat jumps right back up to the top of the page.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course, I'm responding, I get alerted when you send me a reply. My bulb is blown? That's pretty funny. Now get out of my yard!!! :oldcouple::bow:
I hope they FT Dak, Sign Hurts and hes our new Quincy Carter 2.0 for 2021 just to poo and pee all over your yard..":))

aikemirv

Reaction score
Combine time, 3 cone drill - he is on the very low end of the skill positions in these drills. Then you actually watch him play and see that he does not have any elusive skills and his feet are heavy. But you want to look at total yards run by him-that's like comparing Hambrick to Emmitt Smith.

He is not a threat - nobody spies on Dak like they do with true dual threat QB's
Seriously dude - you need help - I have never in any game- and I have watched them all - have seen another team use a spy for Dak. His running is an afterthought! Defensive lineman keep up with Dak!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anything and everything pertaining to Prescott has been discussed to the EXTREME. Also there can be a thread at the bottom of the Fan Zone page and if someone makes a comment on it, that threat jumps right back up to the top of the page.
well until the Mods make a DakZone and moves all Dak related posts to it, we must suffer through it..:)

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously dude - you need help - I have never in any game- and I have watched them all - have seen another team use a spy for Dak. His running is an afterthought! Defensive lineman keep up with Dak!
OK, this is toooo funny!!!! You just told yourself that you need help!!!!!!!!!!!

blumayne38

Reaction score
Look at today's successful "running" QBs in the NFL, you will see they are surrounded by your "high" talent. None of them are successfully able to run the ball without some kind of "high" talent around them.
Dallas has done better then ALOT of teams drafting players. This roster is stacked with talent. Maybe only like 5-6 teams have anything close to what Dallas has top to bottom.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dual threat QB, how many are really out there? How many of these so called dual threat QBs i.e Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson even go as far as to say Josh Allen even Carson Wentz. How many are REALLY dual threat? And what makes them so? Completion percentage? Rushing yards? Or Rushing TDs? Maybe even buying time in the pocket? Scrambling per say. Anyways how many do y’all think there Really are? And name the top 3

1. Patrick Mahomes 2. Russell Wilson 3. Lamar Jackson some close but not good enough runners for me are Josh Allen, Wentz, Dak. I left kyler off the list only because I haven’t seen enough of him yet as far as passing. Although I do think he is elite in that category. Another guy I left off is cam newton I just don’t think he is duel threat his passing abilities are iffy at best.

Here's the all-time list of NFL QBs with 90+ TD passes and 20+ rushing TDs in their first four years:

Dak Prescott

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Oh yes....agreed. How many times did I yell..."take off, it's wide open out there!". Run smart. Dak was doing the at first, then seemed to abandon it, like very intentional. Maddening.

I was really talking more along the lines of Lamar Jackson running. I think one of these times he's gonna get whacked.

I liked Dak's decision making a lot his first year. Just being a rookie, expectations were low, so he played smart. Perfectly cool and controlled when he ran, sliding down before things got dangerous. He could do that kind of running for the next decade easy.

One thing that isn't so good about him running is that he doesn't really have the speed to outrun fast DEs, and can get tackled from behind. That's no good for injuries. He has to watch that.

I remember a little noise about Dak not wanting to get "pigeon holed" as a running QB this year. Bad news when guys are worried about their image. Just win, baby.