Dumping Directv after 15 years

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m curious about the service comments.

Is the satellite service the issue or the customer service the issue.

I have directv and a few streaming services and I’m lost on what to watch on the Netflix/Hulu type things, but I’m sure it’s a learning curve thing.

I’m totally excited for Disney plus though.

superonyx

Reaction score
I am of the understanding you don't need DTV for the Ticket. Just curious how anyone that has it feels about it.
I have had NFL sunday ticket standalone for several years.
It lets me stream all the games on my Tv, Ipad, Phone ect.

BUT you need to be slick to get it if you live in a house. They wouldnt let me sign up for it as a stand alone because I am able to get Directv.

So I have a work around. I won't share on a public forum but if you want the secret and you PM me I may consider....but its going to cost you a like.....go ahead....give it up..

Bigdog

Reaction score
i have unlimited phone plan also.
bandwidth and reliability varies with service providers and location.
you can get a good feel by streaming some youtube videos to test it out.
but make sure you dont watch @Ranching and the donkey by mistake
@dallasdave may never recover
I have watched some youtube videos already and it has been very good but I will definitely stay away from Ranching and the donkey,lol. Thanks for the warning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sure can, better quality picture too, in real time.

I did not know that. And you can actually still buy rabbit ears in a store? Or are you using tin foil and having one of your kids hold onto one end while standing in just the right spot?

chicago JK

Reaction score
If you have a child, family member, child of a friend, etc who attends college, you can use their info to get the student NFLST. You don't need directv and instead use their standalone app. $100/season.
I read a little on this the other day and meant to investigate. Could you watch this on tv biz the app or is it all mobile devices? My wife is in college so this may be an option

waldoputty

Reaction score
I have watched some youtube videos already and it has been very good but I will definitely stay away from Ranching and the donkey,lol. Thanks for the warning.

then you should be fine. we often get free games on the cable but i dont even bother to watch it on tv. in fact, i dont even watch tv.

superonyx

Reaction score
Get an IPTV provider enjoy 8000 channels world wide. 1000 US stations, 430 Canadian Stations etc.. has all the sports. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL games. For like $8 per month on a 6-month sub. Shocked people even have cable today with idiotic prices.
Its because the provider you are using is illegal and will get shut down like they all do.

You can't rebroadcast channels at that rate.

I know because I am a cable industry executive.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I got Sling. They have the nfl network channel and nfl redzone.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
if you guys really want something awesome check out SportzTv... I don't ask any questions I just pay $15 a month and I have every channel that I could possibly want.. Thank me later.. I'm not going to add a link just use your brain and do some research

superonyx

Reaction score
I read a little on this the other day and meant to investigate. Could you watch this on tv biz the app or is it all mobile devices? My wife is in college so this may be an option
If she goes to one of the universities that the clearing house directv uses then you should be good.

jaybird

Reaction score
I finally decided to dump Directv after 15 years. Ever since they went to AT&T, their service has gotten worse and the prices just as bad. Just decided to go with Sling for now, but thinking about Fubo, but I think it is more expensive. Maybe even PSVue. Suggestions?

Now in order to watch the few Cowboys games that are not nationally televised, has anyone had any experience with the stand-alone Sunday Ticket--via say, Amazon Firestick?
The timing of this post is perfect. Just this morning the Xfinity rep visited me. Now after 22 years Im dropping Direct tv going cable internet/tv package. Free Netflix, red zone and other perks. Live in Md, so sports tavern I go for games I otherwise would miss.

How does Redit and other options work? What’s a fire stick?

lockster

Reaction score
I left them after I think like 20 years,. They are the slimeballs of the business world. Charging me more each month, and them tried to charge me to send equipment that had stop functioning. They found every way in the world to add fees. Att had lost so many customers so ce buying directtv that it made national news. But att won't learn to stoprapi g their customers and stop lying on the phone to them. Glad I left them

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I am of the understanding you don't need DTV for the Ticket. Just curious how anyone that has it feels about it.
The ticket is still exclusive to DT but you can stand alone red zone through amazon, sling, and fubu I believe.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score

I use the firestick app and watch on my 60" TV. They also have ROKU and Apple TV Apps I believe.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dumped them a few years ago and just went with Comcast for simplicity. ATT is so bad, I decided to cancel their cell service a few months ago and switched to Comcast cellular. Our phone bill went from $217 a month to $117 with Comcast :thumbup:

Oh, and our new coverage is much better as well, no more poor signal in areas.