Dumping Directv after 15 years

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ad block takes care of all that. just install it and BAMO !! No more ads

oh, the reason i bought the chromebook for the web is that i dont care about malware and stuff like that.
i have used this one for 3 years with 0 protection.
fyi, some of those ads are embedded for a while so ad blockers may not work

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I finally decided to dump Directv after 15 years. Ever since they went to AT&T, their service has gotten worse and the prices just as bad. Just decided to go with Sling for now, but thinking about Fubo, but I think it is more expensive. Maybe even PSVue. Suggestions?

Now in order to watch the few Cowboys games that are not nationally televised, has anyone had any experience with the stand-alone Sunday Ticket--via say, Amazon Firestick?

reddit/nflstreams

Streaming quality is so good now.

CapnB

Reaction score
Not sure how it works. but ive repeatedly seen where FUBO TV has cowboys games, i believe u have to pay for them though. But i might be wrong. I use reddit when i cant get the games national. I live in panther country but i only had to use reddit twice last year. BTW i left Directv for good this past spring. PSVUE is pretty good, or at least has been for me so far.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Animal Kingdom is my jam. This season was bonkers!
to me they ripped off SOA minus the MCs and another who is coming called the Mayans dudes look straight up like the SOA Mayan MCs..

I dont like shows that copy other shows...I could be wrong but caught a few episodes and just didnt feel original..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can connect rabbit ears to a modern TV?
yes..... all modern TVs have a coax input as rabit ears receives HDTV signals and if the signal is good, the picture is as good as any providers will ever be. You can get a real antenna and connect that to really give you all the locals.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Check out the series Shameless or Queen of the South on Netflix. Another good series is Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime. It all depends on your taste.
Lol. Finishing up animal kingdom now. Umbrella academy is pretty good.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Its because the provider you are using is illegal and will get shut down like they all do.

You can't rebroadcast channels at that rate.

I know because I am a cable industry executive.

tenor.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Legal, to me, is funny business.
Interests bought and forced upon by... things.

No reason to get into details, but I firmly believe in living within the co-op of humanity over the spoon-fed hierarchy.
Your talk of rebellion has me intrigued.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been preaching for almost a decade:

VPN + NFL Game Pass International. $179 a year for everything NFL and it's all LIVE w/no blackouts. Plus condensed games, coaches' film, archived seasons/SBs, combine, draft, specials, etc. It'll set you free..

superonyx

Reaction score
I've read the numbers,. They weren't losingoney on me. I was getting charged 140 plus other fees they were sneaking in for the second up package, almost base level. I put up my own dish that I paid for, ran my own cables, bought my boxes. And they talk to U like crap on the phone. The new satellite TV service at best buy provides the same package I had with only fox news missing for 40/ month. They are making money at that price! Att lost like 500 K subscribers in the first couple months after they took over. Their service hours were shortened big time too.
You can't know the numbers. These numbers are not public information.

You also don't know how re transmission contracts work. Networks can offer reduced rates for a few years to help a streaming startup get off the ground because they know if they are successful they will have another revenue source in the future with rate hikes.

You don't have to believe me.

It's more complicated and more expensive than you think. A cable company was recently helping customer cut the cord recently for a reason.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I love Direct TV but I have a Sports Cave with 5 TV’s including 3 with Genies and two other rooms with own receiver. It’s only an additional $7 a month for each receiver. But I also use amplified antennas for additional 2 TV’s in Cave as well as one outside on the patio broadcasting games on local networks.

And thru my AT&T service can use Direct TV anywhere on my laptop, tablet and IPhone without using Data.

Watching sports is top priority in my past time besides playing golf. I spare no expense for my sports entertainment. With my devices I’m able to watch up to 8 different games at once in my Cave.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I love Direct TV but I have a Sports Cave with 5 TV’s and two other rooms with own receiver. It’s only an additional $7 a month for each receiver. But I also use amplified antennas for additional broadcast on local networks.

And thru my AT&T service can use Direct TV anywhere on my laptop, tablet and IPhone without using Data.

Watching sports is top priority in my past time besides playing golf. I spare no expense for my sports entertainment. With my devices I’m able to watch up to 8 different games at once in my Cave.
You're like an Evil Mastermind, but your intentions are just sports.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What ever happened to those huge 10 foot dishes. For another couple hundred bucks the guy would install another smaller box in the receiver and you got every channel ever.

Obsolete by now.
I had plans at one time how to make your own 10 foot dish using chicken wire. All you really need, supposedly was the right electronics.

I think it it was in popular mechanics magazine