Signed by Cowboys Dunbar re-signs ** One Year $1.75M **

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He's not stopping progress for a 3rd string RB for crying out loud. We'll bring in a rookie to pair with McFadden, and use Dunbar in patterns like we want to. He's a flexible player. This is a good thing.

please stop trying to insert logic

thanks,
-the vocal minority

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, you appear to have a real struggle understanding Dion Lewis and his role. He was not the third back behind two others.

He started the opener, carried the ball 15 times, caught 4.

Started every game thereafter.

But yet, somehow, you think they are the same.

Can you at least try to keep up and not embarrass yourself?

Do you even know what "move the goal post" means?

You were still in the locker room trying to get your jock on when this "debate" started.

What's a scatback, Alexander? Here, sit down with me and you can bring your glass of warm milk with you.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/scatback.aspx

the scatback also tend to be the target of more receptions from the quarterback, receiving screen passes and passes in the flat. They are more of a threat in the open field, as their size and speed can cause defenders to miss tackles, creating a larger potential for big plays.

So, who does that fit? It fits both Dunbar and Lewis. Oh, Lewis started the opener with 15 carries? His carries quickly declined as the season went along, averaging 4-5 carries in his final 5 games. He is still a scatback, it doesn't change.

You asked, once again, for a similar RB to Dunbar. I gave you that back. Sorry if you can't accept it.

bandfan

Reaction score
Obviously we must only sign and draft players that will promise not to get injured.......

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lastly, let's take a look at this "primarily 3rd down back Dunbar" in 2015

BY DOWNATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTDFUMLST
DOWN = 1 OVERALL35117.045078011.424000
DOWN = 2 OVERALL000.0008597.414000
DOWN = 3 OVERALL2168.08067612.739000

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I can't wait for the first JG "special" reference when describing Dunbar.

As long as they show up on time for every practice/meeting they have a place in the coaches heart, regardless of how injury prone or mediocre they may be.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Once again.

The term "playmaker" seems to have lost its significance.

Mainly because what he did last year was a new and unique role that was a little bit of a novelty.

I used to see this in the past.

2003 - That Aveion Cason is a playmaker!
2002 - That Michael Wiley is a playmaker!

Actually he was effective in 2014 as well.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Also, when did Free Agency become about signing guys we can easily cut?

It should be about improvement. Always improvement.

PHI showed how easy it is to get of bad contracts. Most FA deals are 2-3 years tops.

Even the Vernon deal with NY can be ended after 2yrs and 40m worst case.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they (the Cowboys) did not tie-up much (if any) guarantee money then I'm OK with this... he'll then have to compete in training camp and if he gets cut, then nothing lost.

lkelly

Reaction score
6a00d8341c387d53ef011572241eac970b-pi

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well...I didn't want him back because it muddy's the RB lineup but at least it was in keeping with the theme of in one-year/you/Garrett/Everyone is gone/reboot phase of the plan. 2017, hell or high water, the trend will be dead. I hope we come out next year like we did in 2014, but if not, I will wash my hands and pray for an implosion.

adamknite

Reaction score
Meh. I like the guy and his skillset but I wish he could stay healthy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez people it's not like we signed him long term. He's a good player albeit often injured. But it's tough for me to get upset at a one year deal for a player we know is effective when on the field. Alot of guys have turned thier careers around after injuries who's to say Dunbar can't be one of them?

I think we've reached the point of the off season where we are so frustrated about what has/hasn't happen that any minor deal is just another reason to be pissed.

Actually it's the norm for this forum.
Sign a player people find fault and are mad...don't sign the same player people find fault and are mad
X team signs a player they are geniuses, we sign same X player we are stupid
Sign a player someone doesn't want, they find fault and are mad, don't sign well, they just don't like anything.....

Sign a player not well known, he is a bum, but they want a player they been talking about for 6 years, and when they don't sign here, they find fault and are mad.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the only fault I find is he cant stay healthy he hasn't for any season he has been with the cowboys. he will probable start tc on pup so it will be a slow go with him before he is back.

Plankton

Reaction score
All joking aside with his past injury history, I fail to see what the issue is with the signing. The money isn't guaranteed unless he's on the roster week one. It doesn't prevent them from adding any other players at the position. Dunbar, when he has played, has proven to have ability in the passing game - his contributions were significant in the wins over the Seahawks in 2014 and the opener against the Giants last year. Yes, you can't count on him being healthy for a full season, but for $1.75M, his potential contribution is greater than that salary.

links18

Reaction score
Absolutely. Tyler Ervin could be selected in the middle rounds and be superior and gosh, look there, able to stay healthy.

His only chance to play would be if everyone with more roster seniority than him gets hurt, because you know that's how we roll.

irishline

Reaction score
Lastly, let's take a look at this "primarily 3rd down back Dunbar" in 2015

BY DOWNATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTDFUMLST
DOWN = 1 OVERALL35117.045078011.424000
DOWN = 2 OVERALL000.0008597.414000
DOWN = 3 OVERALL2168.08067612.739000

I'm confused.
Is 2168.08067612.739000 good for a primarily 3rd down back? Or no? :huh: :p

Garret

Reaction score
Once again.

The term "playmaker" seems to have lost its significance.

Mainly because what he did last year was a new and unique role that was a little bit of a novelty.

I used to see this in the past.

2003 - That Aveion Cason is a playmaker!
2002 - That Michael Wiley is a playmaker!

You need to get laid or take vacation. Your constant whining makes this board unreadable at times