Dustin Long going to Europe for boys next year!

cml750

Reaction score
I found this in the weekly sports editorial columns of a newspaper close to Dustin's hometown.
PN-G ex Dustin Long should be encouraged by what's happened with the Houston Texans' No. 3 quarterback, Dave Ragone, in NFL Europe. Ragone, who has been an afterthought in two seasons stuck behind David Carr and Tony Banks in Houston, has seen his stock soar after being named the league's MVP while leading the Berlin Thunder to the World Bowl. Ragone had a QB rating of 97.5, a 62.5 percent completion percentage and was intercepted only twice in 251 attempts. As a result, he'll probably have a chance to become the next Kurt Warner or Jake Delhomme, although it probably won't be with the Texans. Long, meanwhile, has a commitment from the Dallas Cowboys to be place him in NFL Europe for next season. Until then, he's probably going to be the quarterback coach for his dad at Kelly High School

Port Arthur News

Duane

Reaction score
irishwaste said:
Not bad, if Henson and Romo both flunk he could be the answer.
Honestly I hope that if both Henson and Romo fail we'll use a high round pick on a QB instead of looking for another prospect.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
irishwaste said:
Not bad, if Henson and Romo both flunk he could be the answer.

Or he might develop enough skills to scratch his way onto a roster as a #3.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
junk said:
So who do you think is gonna be on the outs Romo or Bledsoe?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junk
Zaxor said:
So who do you think is gonna be on the outs Romo or Bledsoe?
He said "A" roster not necessarily OUR roster.

I don't see any changes in our QB situation for a couple of years. We will have the same three guys but their relative spot on the depth charts may change some from time to time.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I really hope we find a franchise QB because untill then we cannot be a dynasty of the 2000 (2005-2010), switching QB's every year just really hurts team chemistry

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Duane said:
Honestly I hope that if both Henson and Romo fail we'll use a high round pick on a QB instead of looking for another prospect.
I'd rather sign a somewhat established player at QB. Just my preference.
I hate the thought of using a 1st round pick on a QB. Too often, I see those choices go to waste when good WRs, OT, etc. are available.

Leinart=overrated IMO

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

I don't see any changes in our QB situation for a couple of years. We will have the same three guys but their relative spot on the depth charts may change some from time to time.

aww now why'd ya go and squash the fun before it even started;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

Exactly. I think Long will be hard pressed to make a roster with some NFLE experience, much less give the boot to one of the guys already here.

It is possible that when Bledsoe goes, someone like Long could be signed as the #3 if Henson/Romo establish themselves as #1 and #2.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
junk said:
Exactly. I think Long will be hard pressed to make a roster with some NFLE experience, much less give the boot to one of the guys already here.

It is possible that when Bledsoe goes, someone like Long could be signed as the #3 if Henson/Romo establish themselves as #1 and #2.

Aww come on Junk you could have taken the bait I laid and we could have made this to a 1000 post Bledsoe thread with a sprinkle of Carter and Hutch thrown in there...think of the glory:)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Aww come on Junk you could have taken the bait I laid and we could have made this to a 1000 post Bledsoe thread with a sprinkle of Carter and Hutch thrown in there...think of the glory:)

Oh, sorry. Let me try again.

YES! This means Long will be the #3 next year because Henson will beat out Bledsoe for the starting job (that is, if stubborn old BP will actually play him instead of sticking with "his guys"). Bledsoe is obviously washed up, so I can't see him in Dallas beyond one year. Even though Henson hasn't played football, he has so much "upside" and "potential" that BP can't keep him off the field.

Romo will be a good #2 because he has "moxie" which obviously is a good trait to have when looking for a QB. I heard they measured his "moxie quotient" at the combine and it was off the charts which makes it even more incredible that he went undrafted.

This will be much better than when old man Vinny, dopehead QuINTcy and Karoake Hutch were all playing.

How was that? Did I get sufficient QB bashing from all angles? Will there be enough there to incite someone?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I'd rather sign a somewhat established player at QB. Just my preference.
I hate the thought of using a 1st round pick on a QB. Too often, I see those choices go to waste when good WRs, OT, etc. are available.

Leinart=overrated IMO

I agree on Leinert. He's peaked IMO and has nowhere to go but down. I think Omar Jacobs will be the 1st QB drafted next year. I would love to see Dallas take a shot at him if our QB play does not significantly improve.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
PaEagleHater said:
Ok, who is Dustin Long?

An undrafted player from I-AA Sam Houston State. He isn't even good enough to be a camp body at this point, so that should speak to his skill level.