Dustin Long going to Europe for boys next year!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i started a thread about this guy awhile back hoping we would sign him as our third qb.
but we didn't.

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
If he is a texas boy, i'd love to see him make the team. I have never heard of him though.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
junk said:
An undrafted player from I-AA Sam Houston State. He isn't even good enough to be a camp body at this point, so that should speak to his skill level.

He played at Sam his senior year only he led them the farthest they ever had been in Divison 1-AA playoffs to the qtr finals

previous to that he played at Texas A&M for 3 years he split some time with Reggine McNeal like his sophmore year and put up some big numbers in several games so he has played at both levels

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
He played at Sam his senior year only he led them the farthest they ever had been in Divison 1-AA playoffs to the qtr finals

previous to that he played at Texas A&M for 3 years he split some time with Reggine McNeal like his sophmore year and put up some big numbers in several games so he has played at both levels

He was off the hook at Sam Houston ...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
He was off the hook at Sam Houston ...

hehe I know I am a Sam Houston Alumni I told the A&M fans to send my team anymore scrap heap QB's they do not want :flagwave:

Heck if he goes to Europe and develops great if he does not oh well.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
hehe I know I am a Sam Houston Alumni I told the A&M fans to send my team anymore scrap heap QB's they do not want :flagwave:

Heck if he goes to Europe and develops great if he does not oh well.

I've got some friends in Huntsville ... they all tell me he is a stud ...

I used to date a girl from there too ... anyone who can live in that town I have much respect for ... there is absolutely nothing there other than the prison ...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I've got some friends in Huntsville ... they all tell me he is a stud ...

I used to date a girl from there too ... anyone who can live in that town I have much respect for ... there is absolutely nothing there other than the prison ...

Lived there 5 years I liked the place :D. There is plenty to do you just get drunk and go cliff jumping into the blue lagoon at 01:00 on private property and have the cops come bust it up :dance2:. The best part is I stayed in the summer to I worked and lived in Hunstville year round unless I was on military assignment but still kept a place to live when I was.

Yea Dustin showed some thing at Texas A&M and just lit it up at Sam Houston. He was the team leader for sure and he was the difference in having a winning season.

Yea the running joke is you either work or attend one of the two State institutes

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Longs Stats at A&M he only played most of 1 year

Dustin Long 12 333 177 53.2 2509 7.5 209.1 16 19
12 games and 1st year starting at Divison 1a and he did not start the season as the starting QB

He rode the bench the next year MCNeal became the start QB at A&M so he transfered to Sam Houston last year and put up sick numbers but at 1aa level and I am sure his starting experience at the divison 1a level helped a lot. At Sam he was the offense period end of story it all started and ended with him.

14 530 332 62.6 4584 8.6 327.4 18 38

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Lived there 5 years I liked the place :D. There is plenty to do you just get drunk and go cliff jumping into the blue lagoon at 01:00 on private property and have the cops come bust it up :dance2:. The best part is I stayed in the summer to I worked and lived in Hunstville year round unless I was on military assignment but still kept a place to live when I was.

There is that one two-stepping place ... and other than that, not much to do ... I guess I'm just spoiled, but that is in the middle of nowhere. It's quite depressing IMO.

Yea Dustin showed some thing at Texas A&M and just lit it up at Sam Houston. He was the team leader for sure and he was the difference in having a winning season.

He had like 4,500 yards passing ... I wonder if he's very accurate ...

Yea the running joke is you either work or attend one of the two State institutes

Yeah - there is a prison museum. Strange, eh?

sacase

Reaction score
I prefer a QB who was actually DRAFTED Vs another project QB.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
junk said:
Oh, sorry. Let me try again.

YES! This means Long will be the #3 next year because Henson will beat out Bledsoe for the starting job (that is, if stubborn old BP will actually play him instead of sticking with "his guys"). Bledsoe is obviously washed up, so I can't see him in Dallas beyond one year. Even though Henson hasn't played football, he has so much "upside" and "potential" that BP can't keep him off the field.

Romo will be a good #2 because he has "moxie" which obviously is a good trait to have when looking for a QB. I heard they measured his "moxie quotient" at the combine and it was off the charts which makes it even more incredible that he went undrafted.

This will be much better than when old man Vinny, dopehead QuINTcy and Karoake Hutch were all playing.

How was that? Did I get sufficient QB bashing from all angles? Will there be enough there to incite someone?

a literary masterpiece Junk:) and I agree with everything you said

kartr

Reaction score
junk said:
Oh, sorry. Let me try again.

YES! This means Long will be the #3 next year because Henson will beat out Bledsoe for the starting job (that is, if stubborn old BP will actually play him instead of sticking with "his guys"). Bledsoe is obviously washed up, so I can't see him in Dallas beyond one year. Even though Henson hasn't played football, he has so much "upside" and "potential" that BP can't keep him off the field.

Romo will be a good #2 because he has "moxie" which obviously is a good trait to have when looking for a QB. I heard they measured his "moxie quotient" at the combine and it was off the charts which makes it even more incredible that he went undrafted.

This will be much better than when old man Vinny, dopehead QuINTcy and Karoake Hutch were all playing.

How was that? Did I get sufficient QB bashing from all angles? Will there be enough there to incite someone?

Parcell's has said that potential means nothing and upside means you haven't done anything yet, including beat out an udfa qb in Romo. Is this the kind of retort you were looking for?

kartr

Reaction score
NumOneQB said:
I agree on Leinert. He's peaked IMO and has nowhere to go but down. I think Omar Jacobs will be the 1st QB drafted next year. I would love to see Dallas take a shot at him if our QB play does not significantly improve.

Now you're talking, but I still think that Leinhart will go first. Most probably Detroit will trade their 1st,Harrington and Rogers to get him so that he can be reunited with Mike Williams. I suspect Jacobs could be as good or better than Roethlisberger. He definitely fits the direction the NFL is going and in my opinion will be a better pro than Leinhart.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
kartr said:
Parcell's has said that potential means nothing and upside means you haven't done anything yet, including beat out an udfa qb in Romo. Is this the kind of retort you were looking for?

Well, if you read the whole thread, you would see that this was meant as a totally sarcastic response to Zaxor. I thought I took great measures to mock every Cowboys QB including my comments about Henson being in quotes and making the comment about BP playing his guys. I tried to encapsulate all the cliches I could remember about all the QBs.

It is interesting that in all of that you picked out the Henson comments to reply to though.

Hey Zaxor, somebody bit. Here's your chance.