Twitter: DWare and Parsons recruiting

CowboyChris

Reaction score
you guys realize Miller's best days are way behind him, nothing more than a 2 year deal if I was trying to sign him, not too mention he plays Lawrence's spot

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.....I know everyone is big on Miller. But would he be an upgrade to Gregory?
From Miller's standpoint, yes. I think he would absolutely come here with a good offer.

From the Joneses' standpoint, no way. They have made clear, even this offseason, that they are not changing their philosophy, which is to not enter free agency during the feeding frenzy because they believe you don't get good value for the high contracts that are thrown around.

I'd like for them to prove me wrong, but they haven't for a long time now.

After the Gregory fiasco, I think Dallas now has both the money and the motivation to get a deal done. And it could end up being for the better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
After the Gregory fiasco, I think Dallas now has both the money and the motivation to get a deal done. And it could end up being for the better.

Maybe I've simply become jaded that our FA philosophy every year only consists of signing our own and bargain bin outsiders. The only thing that gives me any hope of something like this is that the front office did trade for Cooper, which was a big-player move. But the team hasn't made big-player moves in free agency and has said it is sticking with its philosophy. I see no reason based on that to believe that the Joneses will balk on that just because Gregory left.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I've simply become jaded that our FA philosophy every year only consists of signing our own and bargain bin outsiders. The only thing that gives me any hope of something like this is that the front office did trade for Cooper, which was a big-player move. But the team hasn't made big-player moves in free agency and has said it is sticking with its philosophy. I see no reason based on that to believe that the Joneses will balk on that just because Gregory left.

Understandable.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Understandable.

I truly wish the Joneses would see that the quickest way to get back in contention is to add a couple of players like Wagner and Miller. Defensively, we'd still need a monster in the middle of the DL to be complete, but we'd already be in good shape to be better than last year's defense even if we didn't re-sign Kearse.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly wish the Joneses would see that the quickest way to get back in contention is to add a couple of players like Wagner and Miller. Defensively, we'd still need a monster in the middle of the DL to be complete, but we'd already be in good shape to be better than last year's defense even if we didn't re-sign Kearse.

And be in position to essentially dedicate this year’s draft exclusively to offense.

manster4ever

Reaction score
you guys realize Miller's best days are way behind him, nothing more than a 2 year deal if I was trying to sign him, not too mention he plays Lawrence's spot

ding, ding, DING.........we have a winner. Man, some of you guys need to really watch some Rams film from last year. Miller was pretty mediocre overall IMO. You'd be absolutely disappointed if he comes to Dallas. The WINNING play would be to sign Chandler Jones:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...signing-broncos-take-risk-with-randy-gregory/

He's 32, just like Miller but their tape is worlds apart...Jones is dynamic and productive. Miller is ok but not on the same level IMO

Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
And be in position to essentially dedicate this year’s draft exclusively to offense.

Right. Even though I still want a stud DT, I have to believe that's not happening after spending a second and two thirds on the position the last few years. I also would like for us to get a real free safety. But signing Miller and Wagner would make it realistic for the team to spend the first three picks on a guard, receiver and tight end, in whatever order they fall (although I prefer the guard in the first if the right player is there because it's more pressing than a third receiver and second tight end, eventually replacement as starter).

GMO415

Reaction score
Great organization to piss away your talents .....why wouldn't any player jump on that? Sheesh

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Miller has gotta be looking to come home to TX… makes a ton of sense considering what just happened with Randy. Figure the damn money out Stephen and get it dun.

This deal is staring you right in the face lol

Why not? If Wagner is looking to go home, why not Miller?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a724b3d813b40b94bdcbc8e6c95f872d.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
The one thing that could incite Jerry to sign a big contract with a free agent like Miller is the embarrassment of letting Gregory off the hook. It would be just like Jerry to make a big splash to change the subject.

But Miller is going to cost more than Gregory. Jerry will balk at the price tag. Denver supposedly went after Gregory because Miller was too expensive.

Syron

Reaction score
Give it time. This organization will ruin him also.
This is my biggest fear honestly. Part of the reason this team was so great (and became so popular) was directly due to all the personalities we had on the team. Players willing to trash talk and back it up on the field.

I know the league has changed due to branding and social media, but still love the fact the kid is willing to make bold statements. Would be a great face of the franchise if the country club lifestyle doesn't mellow him out.

kevm3

Reaction score

A 70% Von Miller is better than anything we have on the roster, especially now since Gregory is gone. Also, we wouldn't be able to afford a prime Von Miller, so we'll probably be able to get a vet on a decent deal if we are able to snag him.