Dynamic Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey declares for the 2019 NFL Draft

joseephuss

Reaction score
That is a gamble if he did indeed receive a 3rd to 6th round projection.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...phrey-declares-2019-nfl-draft-texas-longhorns

Dynamic Texas WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey declares for the 2019 NFL Draft

The Texas Longhorns will enter the 2019 season without one one of their biggest threats, as leading receiver Lil’Jordan Humphrey announced on Tuesday that he will forgo his senior season and enter the 2019 NFL Draft:

Longhorn for life ❗️❗️❗️ pic.twitter.com/yHl9DINVTe

— Lil'Jordan Humphrey (@LJ_Humphrey23) January 8, 2019
Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Humphrey was quiet about his evaluation from the Draft Advisory Committee, but shortly after the game 247Sports reported that he received a “third to sixth round NFL Draft projection.” Typically that projection is considered a “return to school” grade, but Humphrey decided he was ready for the NFL.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This dude is going to shoot up boards after the combine and people view his tape. He is one of the most clutch receivers in college football. I think he'll test far better than Collin Johnson and may in fact surpass him as a prospect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This dude is going to shoot up boards after the combine and people view his tape. He is one of the most clutch receivers in college football. I think he'll test far better than Collin Johnson and may in fact surpass him as a prospect.

He's a much better prospect then Johnson.

Johnson is a 1 trick pony I think. Just a jump ball guy.

I would take Humphrey over the first round WR's last year.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He's a much better prospect then Johnson.

Johnson is a 1 trick pony I think. Just a jump ball guy.

I would take Humphrey over the first round WR's last year.

Somehow I misread these posts as “Calvin Johnson” and was about to go ham in this chat.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He's not a 1st round WR folks stop it. He'll be late 2nd/early 3rd round pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's not a 1st round WR folks stop it. He'll be late 2nd/early 3rd round pick.

We'll see.

He's 6'4 225 and an absolute playmaker.

I think he's a better prospect then any WR taken last year.

A bad 40 is the only thing that could hold him back.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
We'll see.

He's 6'4 225 and an absolute playmaker.

I think he's a better prospect then any WR taken last year.

A bad 40 is the only thing that could hold him back.

I think he'll be a decent possession WR.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if he's only a 3rd rounder, he signs a 4 year deal for 2-3 million. While not much by NFL standards, its still a lot of money. Plus, he can finally capitalize on his Texas Longhorn fame and maybe do some local endorsements......... appearance fees to show up at Longhorn events ect. If you can land an NFL contract, there is very little downside.

StarHead69

Reaction score
I watched his entire college career. He's as advertised.
So did I. He’s the kind of guy you want on your team. Perfect safety valve type with a big catch radius and zero fear. He’s a beast and would bring some much needed toughness to our receiving corps.

joseephuss

Reaction score
This young many took a gamble and didn't get the result he wanted. He was signed by the Saints as a UDFA, but that is not the same financial security as being a 3rd rounder. Maybe Sean Payton can get similar results out of Humphrey as he did with another big, less than speedy receiver in Marques Colston. Although Colston did have a faster 40 time that those posted by Humphrey.

visionary

Reaction score
This young many took a gamble and didn't get the result he wanted. He was signed by the Saints as a UDFA, but that is not the same financial security as being a 3rd rounder. Maybe Sean Payton can get similar results out of Humphrey as he did with another big, less than speedy receiver in Marques Colston. Although Colston did have a faster 40 time that those posted by Humphrey.

He went to the right coach

If he has the talent a desire, Payton will make it work

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

:lmao2:

Was he that “impact player” we should have taken in the 4th round?