Eagles are likable team and deserved Super Bowl

exciter

Reaction score
I have rooted against Philly as much as anyone. But this team was different. They are everything a fan wants. Fierce, hard hitting, under-dog who took on Goliath. They don't have prima donnas, hear almost nothing about them partying or having domestic abuse cases in league office. Their HC took risk, was creative and adjusted. Their GM has good football minds he trust and wasn't afraid to roll dice on players. Almost all of their FA & players they traded for were successful. Dallas is now on clock and I don't think leash is as long as they think.
I found myself rooting for them just from the fact that I'm sick of hearing about Brady and the patriots. Calling this team an underdog is a bad joke. They are as about as close to a stacked team as what you are going to find in the salary cap era. Not sure who does their cap but that person is a genius!

coogrfan

Reaction score
I have rooted against Philly as much as anyone. But this team was different. They are everything a fan wants. Fierce, hard hitting, under-dog who took on Goliath. They don't have prima donnas, hear almost nothing about them partying or having domestic abuse cases in league office. Their HC took risk, was creative and adjusted. Their GM has good football minds he trust and wasn't afraid to roll dice on players. Almost all of their FA & players they traded for were successful. Dallas is now on clock and I don't think leash is as long as they think.

A Cowboy fan singing the praises of the Philthydelphia Beagles?

pap4ul.jpg

Blackspider214

Reaction score
How do people not understand it isn't the team, it's the trashiest fans in sports? The Eagles were never an unlikable team. In fact, I was a big fan of McNabb, TO and Westbrook. It's these loser fans. That is what makes it bad. I could not care less about the players themselves.

27541123_1895359053822044_3546940018828698198_n.jpg

sideon

Reaction score
EDP's youtube career is pretty much dead now:laugh:, and while they deserve to celebrate they are right behind NO in the Superbowl party.

Reaction score
we got no choice other than to grin and bear it.

Then we must continue to expect and demand improvement and accountability.

ugh......will be a long offseason :thumbdown:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This is some ole different people stuff. I don't give a expletive about any other team in this divisions anything. I wanted them to lose point blank period and don't see how fans of in division teams come up with these IMO silly reasons for being okay with them winning. Flip them and every other team in this division.

Praxit

Reaction score
.... I was rooting for them from kickoff time. NO way, ...did I want to see Brady get another ring. It was awesome. Happy for Foles.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
The only thing I'm happy about is this nightmare of a Super Bowl/season is over. I was going to be pissed either way it ended.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This thread should be moved to the draft zone, too.

I can’t believe some of the fans on this board, lately.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Heck I'm still mad Matt Ryan and the Falcons couldn't punch it in on 1st and goal at the end of their playoff game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They have:

Better Owner
Better GM
Better HC
Better QBs
Better WRs
Better TE
Better Defense

We have:

Better RB and slightly better oline

Better Oline? You might want to rethink that. Their line this season without their LT was better than ours healthy. Now we have to worry about Smith's health going forward. We got rid of Free and Leary and this line went downhill. To middle of the pack. Did you see their line tonight and the playoffs in general? No one got close to Foles. That's how Dak was his rookie year. Their QB is not better than ours. It's their whole system in place.

You are right on the rest. I envy their TE's. Ertz, Celek and Burton are light years ahead of the corpse we have in Witten. Their WRs can catch, too. Ours can't.

But it starts with the first 3 you listed. Front office and coaching. Ours is one of the worst in football. That is why we are what we are.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Heck I'm still mad Matt Ryan and the Falcons couldn't punch it in on 1st and goal at the end of their playoff game.

Agreed.

It’s like somebody having the ability to kill hitler in his crib.

And the falcons came up just short.