Eagles Are Way Overrated

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think their defense is overrated. They've given up an avg of 425.5yds/game the last 4 games

Eagles were at least 2 INC passes from having 2 more losses.

On offense, today SF showed that if you can limit their gains on 1st and 2nd down, they're not as good on 3rd and long-ish as they are on 3rd and short b/c they will play it as a 4-down situation

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are overrated because they won those games. People who've been paying attention know they can be beat just like any other team. SF is the top team regardless of record. Eagles, 9ers, Cowboys and Lions are good teams, and it will be settled in January.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember they lost both of their coordinators........but to say they are overrated with the league's best record is misguided. Having said that, they are not as explosive as they were last season. Something has been off with them all season. They could have easily lost 3-4 more games but make no mistake, they are loaded with a ton of talent.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
Say what you want everyone has their own opinion, but mine is they are overrated as well. They literally could have had 4 losses in a row, I haven’t been impressed with them all year, their luck ran out this week and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us beat them and even Seattle after that!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are overrated because they won those games. People who've been paying attention know they can be beat just like any other team. SF is the top team regardless of record. Eagles, 9ers, Cowboys and Lions are good teams, and it will be settled in January.
I think fans overlook when you play the 49ers you also have to out-coach Shanahan. I have many times, he is probably the best offensive mine in the game today including Andy Reid.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe you can tie it up 1 to 1:thumbup:
I think the game will be closer than you think. What was your prediction the first time we played Philly? How about when we played San Francisco? Bet you didn’t predict us losing either game. :thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score
I think their defense is overrated. They've given up an avg of 425.5yds/game the last 4 games

Eagles were at least 2 INC passes from having 2 more losses.

On offense, today SF showed that if you can limit their gains on 1st and 2nd down, they're not as good on 3rd and long-ish as they are on 3rd and short b/c they will play it as a 4-down situation
That needs a team that can stop the run and rush the passer with the front 4

We dont have that

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I think the game will be closer than you think. What was your prediction the first time we played Philly? How about when we played San Francisco? Bet you didn’t predict us losing either game. :thumbup:
Correct

IAmLegend

Reaction score
They're slightly overrated imo. Still one of the best teams in the league though. We'll see how they respond to this. They left the door open for us with his loss though. We have a real shot to take tie them for the division lead. Boys better be ready next week.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.
no kidding... and nobody is beating Dallas if they continue to play like they did on Thanksgiving.....smh

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
I'm going to resist the urge to agree since the Cowboys are about to run a gauntlet of good teams and we're hanging our hat on a solitary victory over a 6-5 team. There's a good chance the Eagles are not alone in the "overated" club.