Eagles Are Way Overrated

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The 49ers are probably just that good. Probably the best team in the league.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The margin of victory stat has been telling for decades.
The Eagles have been doing just enough to win games but have hardly been impressive in doing so.
Facing a team that matched up in the trenches it simply wasn't close.
When you win a lot of close escape games that could go the other way based off one play you were definitely overrated at 10-1 and considered a title favorite.

Fact is they haven't gotten a high level of play at QB and the defense has been shaky on the back end with aged CB.
The lines have kept them afloat thus far.

But Dallas being a 3-point favorite next week tells you the Eagles are no longer over-rated.
Vegas expects the division to be tied this time next week.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I never thought I would live to see a day in which a bunch of Cowboys fans would be defending and making excuses for the Eagles. What makes it bad is some of them routinely bash their own team.
Suggest those individuals all try to make it as bookies...not all of those are even legal. Go figure.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right and Dallas does kick their ***. But I think it will be a desperate Eagles team not a defeated one they play. Despite the Iggles fans wanting to crown them and assume the division is a forgone conclusion, the players don’t think that way. I like Dallas at home but I think it will be close.
Dallas by 17

Brooksey

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
Philaelphia and SF can both be beat. Philadelphia has the 30th ranked pass defense in the NFL, SF just lost three in a row.

BUT Trent Williams was out! Ok what about when we played AZ when we had Tyron, Zack, Biadasz out..that doesn't count!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The margin of victory stat has been telling for decades.
The Eagles have been doing just enough to win games but have hardly been impressive in doing so.
Facing a team that matched up in the trenches it simply wasn't close.
When you win a lot of close escape games that could go the other way based off one play you were definitely overrated at 10-1 and considered a title favorite.

Fact is they haven't gotten a high level of play at QB and the defense has been shaky on the back end with aged CB.
The lines have kept them afloat thus far.

But Dallas being a 3-point favorite next week tells you the Eagles are no longer over-rated.
Vegas expects the division to be tied this time next week.
The Cowboys are now meeting the eye test and measurements on their own path. Both the offense and defense contribute as you opined above...margin of victory is very good.

The Cardinals are showing they are in development now, but when Dallas played them the Cowboys offensive line were together for the first time in a year and a half. That affected the margin of victory. There is no statistic imaginable that would reflect how much no time together was a negative influence for that first loss.

The Cowboys, like Philadelphia, were dominated by San Francisco. Is it ready to challenge them right now in the playoffs? No, but their path is headed in that direction.

Actually, Dallas should have won their first encounter. Things already would have been in hand now.

The offense is moving in strength and diversity in hand to challenge any team in the future, and that is where potentials appear to sit until played.

Kick the posterior anatomical body parts of the Eagles, Cowboys...not just a little!:starspin:

HanD

Reaction score
we'll get to answer this question this weekend but up until now, they've beat us so no they aren't overrated.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.

And we have dorks on here that made “49ers are overrated….Eagles are overrated” threads only to see us get unceremoniously curb stomped.

We’ve got the dumbest fanbase in sports.

starfan1

Reaction score
Cowboys and eagles are pretty evenly matched so over rated is not a term I’d use with eagles

I can’t stand the eagles their coach or their fans but they find ways to win where we do the opposite

There’s nothing from this cowboy team that tells me they are more likely to represent nfc in sb than eagles but if we play to our capabilities and limit the stupid penalties we have a shot

And that’s all you can ask for

Redline360

Reaction score
Eagles pass defense will be the thing that eliminates them from the playoffs. Their backfield is atrocious

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
its not easy winning close games. as you said, they may go the other way and usually in the course of a season, you will lose a few close games. so Philly had been playing with fire and yesterday they got spanked. SF made a statement.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
If the Eagles are way overrated then so are the Cowboys. They are a good team that go their butts kicked by a better team, the same way we did five weeks ago.

The Niners are the team to beat.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think their defense is overrated. They've given up an avg of 425.5yds/game the last 4 games

Eagles were at least 2 INC passes from having 2 more losses.

On offense, today SF showed that if you can limit their gains on 1st and 2nd down, they're not as good on 3rd and long-ish as they are on 3rd and short b/c they will play it as a 4-down situation
Gotta contain the run. If you let Philly get in a groove running the ball the rest of the offense just falls into place.

Sydla

Reaction score
That needs a team that can stop the run and rush the passer with the front 4

We dont have that
Its the first part that scares me. I don't trust our run D at all.

Not so concerned about the pressure aspect but if you let Philly get into a rhythm offensively with the run, it's gonna be a long day defensively.

visionary

Reaction score
Its the first part that scares me. I don't trust our run D at all.

Not so concerned about the pressure aspect but if you let Philly get into a rhythm offensively with the run, it's gonna be a long day defensively.
Yeah, the biggest thing niners did is prevent 2nd and 4-5 by minimizing 1st down damage

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
49ers got no pressure on Hurts but their secondary covered well. The Cowboys need to get pressure he cant be sitting back there like he's on a Sunday stroll.

Sydla

Reaction score
49ers got no pressure on Hurts but their secondary covered well. The Cowboys need to get pressure he cant be sitting back there like he's on a Sunday stroll.
Very controlled rush by 49ers it appeared. Didn't give Hurts a ton of running lanes to break contain and make big plays.

We aren't that disciplined. We pin our ears back, run like banshees at the QB and leave huge gaps for a mobile guy to make plays with his legs.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very controlled rush by 49ers it appeared. Didn't give Hurts a ton of running lanes to break contain and make big plays.

We aren't that disciplined. We pin our ears back, run like banshees at the QB and leave huge gaps for a mobile guy to make plays with his legs.
Correct they need to be disciplined in there attack or he will run us to death.