Eagles Are Way Overrated

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I hope you guys are right and Dallas does kick their ***. But I think it will be a desperate Eagles team not a defeated one they play. Despite the Iggles fans wanting to crown them and assume the division is a forgone conclusion, the players don’t think that way. I like Dallas at home but I think it will be close.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
no kidding... and nobody is beating Dallas if they continue to play like they did on Thanksgiving.....smh
We beat the hell out of a bad Washington team. :rolleyes: San Francisco beat the hell out of us and Philly.

TWOK11

Reaction score
They suck but they win.

Tush push gives them so many more opportunities.
And it really shouldn’t, because it only increases their conversion rate on 4th and 1 by about 10% over a normal run play in that situation. The play just gives their staff the confidence to go for it in situations where everyone should be going for it and just doesn’t.

Outside of very specific end of half and game scenarios, you should never punt on 4th and 1 from anywhere on the field.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles are definitely not as good as they were last year, on either side of the ball. But they are still a good team. In another year or two their defensive line is going to be dominant. They lack LBs and safeties.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've got extra time to prepare and rest.
We should handle them, if not, we're the over-rated ones.

jay94

Reaction score
The most complete team is the 49ers, every body else is a tier below, that doesn't mean they can't be beat, just that there is definitely a lot of just good teams this year, very unusual.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
We beat these losers by at least 10 next week. Cry Eagles Cry is a coming to these punks and their trash can fans.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
No doubt the Boys are at the Egirls' level and can beat them at home with the 12th man cheering us on!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
We beat these losers by at least 10 next week. Cry Eagles Cry is a coming to these punks and their trash can fans.
Let’s all agree the Eagles are terrible. Now, can the Cowboys beat the 49ers? Who cares about the Eagles now?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
No.... they are not.

This was a fundamentally badly played game by them. Their defense allowed 3 YAC Touchdown plays. It's an irregular game for them. It's not the typical way the Eagles defense gets beat. But their defense was bad on multiple fronts that they haven't shown in previous efforts, almost unfathomable how much room SF had to run today. They didn't get that type of room against Seattle. This almost feels like a game that doesn't belong. Cowboys vs Eagles was closer to a real game.

A lot of things went wrong today, but it starts with 2 field goals to begin the game (gotta get 7 - not 3), Hurts tripping to make it 3rd and 21, and an offsides penalty that allowed that first SF Touchdown. It should've been 10-3..... and 10-10 at half. And I think it's a totally different game after SF scores again, and Philly scores right back.... 17-17.

Don't ride the hype train and kick Philly to the curb over one game.. Last week Hurts was the MVP frontrunner, and now this week Purdy MVP is loud. Lets have some balance please and not go to over extremes. Philly can certainly beat SF in January.

Nav22

Reaction score
Overrated trash, just like I've been saying for weeks. They're a good team, NOT a great team.

7-1 record in 1-score games. Ask the 2022 Vikings about relying on "winning every single close game."

They fumbled 3 times against us and recovered every single one. That's luck.

We were the better team then and we're the better team now. Sunday night can't get here fast enough.

Surfguy

Reaction score
We know all about being overrated. I shall leave this thread now and there’s not a thing anyone can do about it. Long live the King!

plasticman

Reaction score
The 49ers are trying to send the message that comparisons between the Eagles and Cowboys are irrelevant.

All that they are fighting for is the opportunity to be eliminated last by the 49ers.

Now, the Cowboys must answer with a message of their own. They are not the same team the 49ers defeated earlier in the season

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.
Are the Cowboys overrated?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And it really shouldn’t, because it only increases their conversion rate on 4th and 1 by about 10% over a normal run play in that situation. The play just gives their staff the confidence to go for it in situations where everyone should be going for it and just doesn’t.

Outside of very specific end of half and game scenarios, you should never punt on 4th and 1 from anywhere on the field.
Their conversion rate on 4th down is ridiculously high.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.
Agree, we should win, (the Eagles weakness in the secondary and covering LB's, will/should allow Dak to feast up the middle) the problem is this over confidence from the fan base, this is akin to the feeling post Bucc's play-off win.

We arent in any position to crow about a defeat against the 9ers and the Eagles did come back with a good win against Miami the week following their other loss.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I never thought I would live to see a day in which a bunch of Cowboys fans would be defending and making excuses for the Eagles. What makes it bad is some of them routinely bash their own team.
I can see what you did there :rolleyes:. There's nothing wrong with cautious optimism and looking at the Eagles defeat for what it was.....a drubbing from the power house of the Conference.
I would never ever call @Bobhaze a hater, but even he agrees that we need some measured confidence as 'just turning up' mentality could/is probably the only way we lose on Sunday. Getting beaten by the 9ers, when they are playing to their best, isnt the measure for being classed as over-rated (even though their secondary is probably average).