Twitter: Eagles Barnett tried the drive-killing fake injury

Tussinman

Reaction score
Not surprised. This is the same Barnett that literally helmet to helmet knocked out Adams a few weeks ago when Adams was already wrapped up/not moving

I"m glad that with the exception of 3 plays, he got completely nullified by a 1 legged Tyron Smith (Tyron even took him to the ground on 5 or 6 different plays)

cern

Reaction score
It's like a court of law. It's not what you know. It's what you can prove. Stinks. But hard to prove.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Should be a penalty and a loss of a timeout. But as long as it's tolerated and allowed players will continue to do it. Especially against the boys. The Green Bay game where that one player Smith did it 4 seperate times... Then trots back out on the field fine right after. My gosh, that had me even more livid.
Law of unintended consequences. NFL will do nothing about it because, "We care about player safety. We do not want players that are actually hurt to keep playing."

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
OMG I was screaming at my TV when this was going down.

That's the hallmark of a team that was beaten senseless and was desperate to get anything working against us.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Players need to be fined for this. I get refs not seeing it during the game, but there needs to be repercussions for this kind of thing... certain teams do it way more than others.

I agree and on a related note, it would be fun to see Za'Darius Smith of the Packers declare bankruptcy because of the fines.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I wish they showed a better angle of the catch because it looked like he got in

Vandyr

Reaction score
Only problem with that is you'd have to apply it to players that were actually hurt (i.e. wind knocked out of them, slow to get up, etc) too since it would be too difficult to define what's a real and fake injury. It'd be a shame to have a player with the wind knocked out of them being forced to sit for a quarter when they're fine a couple plays later.

Safety first :)

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
As someone mentioned before they should have them sit out like 5 plays. It can help solve two easy issues 1) For their safety if it is legitimate injury and 2) For fakers like this guy, who clearly was not injured. A fine or suspension should come from that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'd have to go back and rewatch, but didn't he go to the locker room afterwards?

Air Force One

Reaction score
If a player is hurt to the point that play has to be stopped by the ref, then that player should not be allowed to play the entire remainder of the drive he was injured on.

That would put a stop to fake injuries right there.

Plus it would promote player safety which the players are making a mockery of with these fake injuries.

I find the entire thing very unsportsmanlike. Players should be embarrassed that they have to fake an injury because they aren't good enough to stop a drive without the refs giving them a breather.

lopey

Reaction score
Players need to be fined for this. I get refs not seeing it during the game, but there needs to be repercussions for this kind of thing... certain teams do it way more than others.[/QUOTT
They should sit out the remaining series!