Hoov

Reaction score
FRALEY ON IR; WHO STEPS IN??
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

November 9, 2005
By DAVE SPADARO

Center Hank Fraley has been placed on Injured Reserve with a rotator cuff injury, and it's expected that second-year man Trey Darilek will step in and start Monday night against Dallas in a huge NFC East game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Fraley suffered the injury during Sunday night's loss to Washington. It was his 71st career start as an Eagle since the team claimed him off waivers from Pittsburgh prior to the start of the 2000 season.

Darilek was a fourth-round pick from the University of Texas-El Paso in 2004 and has played in 11 games since then, including all seven games this season.

Monday night would be Darilek's first career start in the NFL.

"I've prepared every week like I'm going to start, so this is no different," said Darilek, who can play both guard and center and who has seen his game action this year largely on special teams. "I know what is expected of me. I'm not going to change anything. I'm going to be ready to play and be the best I can be."

There is an added element of excitement for Darilek in this one: Born in San Antonio, TX, he knows the eyes of Texas will be on him against the Cowboys.

"It's going to be exciting," he said. "What I need to do is prepare myself the best I can and go out and have fun and play my game."

Darilek would seem the logical choice to fill in at center, although that is not absolutely certain. Jamaal Jackson has been signed from the practice squad to the active roster and will compete for playing time.

Jackson is in his third season in Philadelphia after spending last season on the Injured Reserve list. A rookie free agent signing from nearby Delaware State in 2003, Jackson earned a spot on the Eagles practice squad that year and was promoted to the 53-man roster for the playoffs.

The Eagles also announced that linebacker Jason Short (fibula) has been placed on Injured Reserve. The team also signed Dominic Furio, a seventh-round draft pick in 2004, to the practice squad, and added linebacker Dedrick Roper from the Steelers practice squad to the Eagles' 53-man active roster.

Roper (6-2, 245) was originally signed by the Steelers as a rookie free agent in 2004, but was released and signed by the St. Louis Rams for one week before re-joining Pittsburgh's practice squad on September 14, 2004. A native of Milpitas, CA, the 24-year-old Roper was a second-team All-America selection at Division II Northwood in Midland, MI. Northwood is a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, the same conference that produced two of the Eagles 2005 draft picks, Todd Herremans and Keyonta Marshall.

Duane

Reaction score
Hate to hear anyone getting hurt but this only helps our chances on Monday.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
People are forgetting one thing about Eagles when talking about TO effect, i.e. they rally now with TO gone.

I think thats false. The problems they have are not just TO. Injuries have decimated the team on both Offense and D. The emotion can carry them till maybe first few snaps. After that, who is on the field to play game will be the issue.

Eagles sersiously are missing too many pieces to be really effective or good team, unless the opposing team really makes mistakes or is really not a good team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Duane said:
Hate to hear anyone getting hurt but this only helps our chances on Monday.

I agree but then again no one has ever cried over our injuries. LOL

burmafrd

Reaction score
If I was the DL coach I would be looking for ways to shake him up, mess with his mind, cause as much confusion as possible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
If I was the DL coach I would be looking for ways to shake him up, mess with his mind, cause as much confusion as possible.

I'm sure we will see a lot of RW coming up the middle

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:

It's called RW31 blitzing full speed ahead up the middle, by the C and flattening McFlubb.

1fisher

Reaction score
blitz.... blitz..... and keep on blitzing!!!!! Surely we will come away with a few sacks in that game????

I'm sure Madden will still get in a few words about "Ol' Hank Fraley".... He seems to like names that he can hang Ol' on.....

Hope we come away with a win in this one!!!! :starspin

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
This is a huge loss for them. Fraley was probably the best center in the NFL, and the best way to rattle McNabb is to get pressure up the middle.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is a hit to their OL.

I learned a lot about him since my NFC East comparison thread in the off season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
This is a huge loss for them. Fraley was probably the best center in the NFL, and the best way to rattle McNabb is to get pressure up the middle.

I don't entirelly agree with this. Historically, we've been hurt by McNappie when he breaks the pocket. I do agree with you Rosh in that pressure right up the middle is usually the most effect, and that goes for any QB, but we gotta hold contain. That kills us. I don't know how much McNabb's mobility has improved but I do think think that he has gotten progressively better over the last few weeks. Our guys have to be prepaired for him to be able to move around. Lane discipline is extremely important against McNabb if he has mobility.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't entirelly agree with this. Historically, we've been hurt by McNappie when he breaks the pocket. I do agree with you Rosh in that pressure right up the middle is usually the most effect, and that goes for any QB, but we gotta hold contain. That kills us. I don't know how much McNabb's mobility has improved but I do think think that he has gotten progressively better over the last few weeks. Our guys have to be prepaired for him to be able to move around. Lane discipline is extremely important against McNabb if he has mobility.

The biggest problem for the Eagles will be having this guy making line calls... that will be a very tough assignment for him.