Eagles center Fraley to IR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
The biggest problem for the Eagles will be having this guy making line calls... that will be a very tough assignment for him.

You could be right. That's going to be a tough deal for them.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't entirelly agree with this. Historically, we've been hurt by McNappie when he breaks the pocket. I do agree with you Rosh in that pressure right up the middle is usually the most effect, and that goes for any QB, but we gotta hold contain. That kills us. I don't know how much McNabb's mobility has improved but I do think think that he has gotten progressively better over the last few weeks. Our guys have to be prepaired for him to be able to move around. Lane discipline is extremely important against McNabb if he has mobility.

...alot of designed rollouts for McNabb. They won't hang this young guy out to dry.

Reaction score
:cool:
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't entirelly agree with this. Historically, we've been hurt by McNappie when he breaks the pocket. I do agree with you Rosh in that pressure right up the middle is usually the most effect, and that goes for any QB, but we gotta hold contain. That kills us. I don't know how much McNabb's mobility has improved but I do think think that he has gotten progressively better over the last few weeks. Our guys have to be prepaired for him to be able to move around. Lane discipline is extremely important against McNabb if he has mobility.
Good point, but we have designed our NEW DOOMSDAY to KILL McChunky soup! The overall team speed is MUCH better then it was before this year.

We must pressure their Oline & McChunk into mistakes, sure we must blitz up the middle, but we must also make it look like were coming up the middle & bring it from the outside too...Keep them confused right from the start & NEVER let up!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Rollouts will be the rule of the game- they know they cannot afford to keep McFlabb in the pocket. But that can be countered- shooting the OLB's on virtually every play will pile things up nicely. With no running game to really worry about, we can do that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Rollouts will be the rule of the game- they know they cannot afford to keep McFlabb in the pocket. But that can be countered- shooting the OLB's on virtually every play will pile things up nicely. With no running game to really worry about, we can do that.

And Ware can get a multiple sack total for the game. I agree that Philly will use some rollouts but with Dallas outside speed I think that plays into the hands of the Cowboys

31smackdown

Reaction score
I agree, this sounds like a fairly significant loss just from a continuity and calls standpoint. At least McNabb isn't a stationary pocket passer, so they can roll the pocket and move him around.

Hoov

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
The biggest problem for the Eagles will be having this guy making line calls... that will be a very tough assignment for him.

Thats exactly right, Fraley is a great center even though he is criticised for being undersized, its because he is very smart and has excellent technique that he is so good, you cant overlook the leadership he brings to their O Line.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
This loss is a mixed bag.

Negative. The center makes the line calls, he's arguably the most important lineman in recognizing and picking up blitzes. That takes experience, and has always been a strength of Fraley's.

Positive. Fraley has been the biggest reason the Eagles struggle against the 3-4 defense (good ones atleast). Plainly stated, he's undersized and cannot handle a nose-tackle lined up over him. The new guys are bigger/stronger and should be more able to handle nose tackles.

Their are actually 2 canidates to replace him: Darilek and Jackson.
Darilek - 2nd year guy, drafted in the 4th round, played tackle in college. He's been on the active roster this year, so he has that going for him. But before this year, he had never played center, is he ready?
Jackson - 4th year? Repeatedly injured and placed on IR year after year. This year, he got a minor injury and was put on the practice squad. The Eagles have always been high on him, Mayberry and other players identified him as a good prospect. He's got more experience at center than Darilek and knows the playbook better. But he's been running the scout team this year.

It's still up in the year. It could have a big impact in this game.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I'm sure we will see a lot of RW coming up the middle

Make that - Eagle sub starting center Trey Darilek put on IR today.
Whiplash injury in last nights game from snapping his head around as Roy Williams went by him so many times.

Hiero

Reaction score
too bad so sad, join teh club eagles. I smell many sacks this week.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
This is a big blow to Philly. We have to win this game now.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Eagles are already weak up the middle, and the best way to get to McNabb is to rush him up the middle. Philly should expect to be blitzed, blitzed and blitzed again all night long until McNabb proves he can get the ball out to a hot read. He is notorious for holding the ball a long time and making plays with his feet, but we were great at containing him in our last meeting.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Eagles are already weak up the middle, and the best way to get to McNabb is to rush him up the middle. Philly should expect to be blitzed, blitzed and blitzed again all night long until McNabb proves he can get the ball out to a hot read. He is notorious for holding the ball a long time and making plays with his feet, but we were great at containing him in our last meeting.

The McNabb we played in week 5 is not the same player we will see next Sunday, IMO. McNabb is getting better. The question is, will he be good enough to do what is neccesary to keep Philly in this game?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
The McNabb we played in week 5 is not the same player we will see next Sunday, IMO. McNabb is getting better. The question is, will he be good enough to do what is neccesary to keep Philly in this game?
Roy could change that very quickly :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Roy could change that very quickly :D

If given the opportunity, I agree. This is why I can't see any circumstances in which Philly would keep McNabb stationary.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
So, basically, the 8th ranked offense in the league will be missing their Pro-Bowl WR and their Pro-Bowl center. Their QB was on the injured list last week, but looks like he's getting better. Both of their top 2 TEs are on the injured list, but will probably play.

Well, we held them to 129 yards and a FG in our house, you think they have a shot at 150 and a TD on Monday?

If the Cowboys get out in front by more than 10, I feel pretty good about this game.

Their 26th ranked defense hasn't lost any of its firepower, right?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Maybe. He has continued to struggle with the zero coverage blitz - Denver used it 9 times and really pounded him. He just holds the ball too long and doesn't take enough chances (as crazy as that sounds). He's also missing his best receiver.

My read on the game is that the Eagles' offensive will struggle to score points. The biggest threat is from the defense - with nothing to lose, I expect to see lots of blitzing, and though we've been able to protect Bledsoe this year, we all know bad things happen when he gets hit.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
My big worry about Bledsoe is the weather. I'm not sure its a coincidence that his worst game came in the rain on the road (Seattle). It'll be nice to have JJ back. Maybe he and MBIII can both run up 100 yard games on 'em. Now that would be something to watch.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
yes....