Eagles close to acquiring Slay from Det

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You guys give him far too much credit.

Like how can you mention Wentz has practice squad WR's and the next talk about how Roseman works like his job is on the line?

I'm going to give you the real about what Howie Roseman has done.

Gave Slay a huge contract.
Traded a 3rd and 5th rounder for him in a deep draft for receivers. They had a compensatory pick I believe in the 3rd so that should still give them a chance to address receiver there.
He's paying big money to 3 position on the DL. Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson and Hargave. Moronic.
One of the worst secondaries in the league last year........re-signs most of those guys this offseason including McLeod and Mills.

Also the same guy who drafted Goedert in the 2nd round when he had Ertz already. Gave big money to Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson who are both prone to injuries. Also traded a 3rd rounder for Golden Tate just for him to walk after a few games.

You guys cap for this dude but these past 2 years have been suspect to say the least and downright bad to say the most.

And some of our fans are dumb as donkeys trying to discredit the Eagles.

They won a Super Bowl in 2017.

End of story.

Never mind a Super Bowl, we haven’t sniffed a conference championship game since 1995.

“haha, they may have won but I don’t like the way they put together their teeeeaam! It’s not financially responsible!”

Shut your mouth, lulz.

Sydla

Reaction score
Which ones are gonna play CB, S?

CB is probably fine now that they have Slay. Not great because the other CB right now will be Maddox or Douglas unless they add someone. Certainly their CB situation is no worse than ours right now. They have the best CB on either team.

And we ain't exactly killing it at S either.

So...... Eagles have the best CB on either team, both teams still have questions in the secondary and now the Eagles have a dominant DL on paper and we have basically two good DL.

Yeah, I'd say they are better off right now.

phildadon86

Reaction score

End of story.

Never mind a Super Bowl, we haven’t sniffed a conference championship game since 1995.

“haha, they may have won but I don’t like the way they put together their teeeeaam! It’s not financially responsible!”

Shut your mouth, lulz.
So go cheer for them. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You seem to say this every year and for the last 3 years, they have done better than we have. I mean they were ravaged by injuries last year and still won the division. So at some point, it seems funny that we, of all teams, would be laughing at what they are doing.
I laugh at their failures since their Super Bowl run. Some choose to applaud them. I like to laugh at them. These moves have been poor and I’ve been right on all of them. Cowboys incompetence came from coaching not personnel moves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

End of story.

Shut your mouth, lulz.
Smh I hate when guys come in and have no idea what they’re talking about. I’m talking about post Super Bowl. Obviously they were smart moves pre Super Bowl. Smh.....

Sydla

Reaction score
I laugh at their failures since their Super Bowl run. Some choose to applaud them. I like to laugh at them. These moves have been poor and I’ve been right on all of them. Cowboys incompetence came from coaching not personnel moves.

Since the SB, they've made the playoffs those two seasons. We've only made it once.

So laugh all you want at them, but make sure you laugh at us harder because we've been worse.

And it's sooooo homer at this point to think our roster is great and it was all coaching. It was not all coaching. They fielded a flawed roster last year that was weak at DT and S.......... again.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nope, but signing a "part time" WR for $20m is just plain stupid. Half the people on this forum could run this team better than Jerry's circus FO...
funny. if they could run a billion dollar business better than him, why are they on this forum? wouldn't getting that job be kinda the thought process?

sometimes people just ***** to hear themselves *****.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We all knew the eagles were probably going to pick up a CB in free agency. The writing has been on the wall for months.

The eagles are a tough squad. But the cowboys play tough against them too. We will see what happens. Eagles roster has some holes they need to fill too. Along with the cowboys having some still.

I know the eagles have had the coaching advantage the last few years on the cowboys. Doug Pederson is a good coach. I hate to admit it. But he is.

I do think McCarthy is and can be as good as him though. While Garrett most certainly was not.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Smh I hate when guys come in and have no idea what they’re talking about. I’m talking about post Super Bowl. Obviously they were smart moves pre Super Bowl. Smh.....

Oh, post Super Bowl?

You mean like all the waaay back in 2017?

Yeah, what failures.

Meanwhile, since 1995 [...]

Like I said, dumb as donkeys.