Twitter: Eagles DC Jim Schwartz leaving team

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Contemplating retirement at 54?

He made 18 mil as the head coach of the lions and providing he wasn't like the young immature players that squander their money besides the couple 100K a year he's made a year since then he probably has more than enough money to retire and live very comfortably. Beside I'll also bet that one of the networks will throw money at him to be an analyst for them.

Aven8

Reaction score
Wow, this is pretty shocking. He’s done well. Pederson might be getting the axe.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Doh I missed the other thread...please delete or merge.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Schwartz has the kinda face his own mother would want to punch.

B256-EED7-0-E06-4921-8-F7-E-3-CBCB25-D3065.jpg

Not sure why, but I have never liked that guy.

ESisback

Reaction score
Won’t he want to go out on a winning note? Who wants to lose their last game? And won’t some players play harder for a guy they like who’s leaving?

just sayin’....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow, this is pretty shocking. He’s done well. Pederson might be getting the axe.

This is really kind of funny. Just 3 years ago Pederson was being hailed as the next big time coach after winning the Super Bowl and how smart he was for signing Foles as a backup QB. Now lets remember what happens. A team wins the Super Bowl and then a couple of the core players have contracts that are up and the other teams start to bid for Super Bowl players so they lose a couple and they have the old Super Bowl hangover and don't make to the playoffs the following year. Then the next year which was last year the eagles have a decimated offensive line just like the one they and the Cowboys have this year. Now I'm not the least bit sorry the eagles have gone down hill, in fact I'm really happy about it, but for the sportswriters to turn that quickly on the same coach they just raved about 3 years ago is funny.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I expect an inspired effort by the Eagles Sunday. Whether or not it's enough TBD at 2330 EST.

When I was first reading this a friend stopped over to drop something off and he saw it as said there's a typo referring to the time and I said no, it 24 hour time like what's used in the military and that's 11:30 PM. He then said why would anyone use that outside of the military instead of using regular time on something like this and I really didn't have a good answer for that one..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
When I was first reading this a friend stopped over to drop something off and he saw it as said there's a typo referring to the time and I said no, it 24 hour time like what's used in the military and that's 11:30 PM. He then said why would anyone use that outside of the military instead of using regular time on something like this and I really didn't have a good answer for that one..
It's all good.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So much for the nfl zone thread. All nfl topics are posted here anyways.