Eagles DE Haasan Reddick given permission to seek a trade

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They aren't trading Reddick. He'll play out the remainder of his contract, and they'll let him go next year. They'll collect the 2 and probably 4. That's how they work.
How do they collect a 2 and a 4 if he’s playing out the rest of his contract

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too rich for our blood....is Randy Gregory still available?
Speaking of him, there was a Gregory sighting last night! He was dang close to winning a ring.

Can you imagine that??? Randy Gregory a super bowl champ?

visionary

Reaction score
I agree. But they’ll be worse off in the short term. Hopefully we capitalize for once in my life
They will be better
That 20 million will allow them to sign LBs, CBs and safeties which was their main weakness
Draft a DE in rd 1
With Fangio as DC, they will be a much improved defense next year IMO

mcmvp

Reaction score
They will be better
That 20 million will allow them to sign LBs, CBs and safeties which was their main weakness
Draft a DE in rd 1
With Fangio as DC, they will be a much improved defense next year IMO
They don’t save 20 million if they trade Reddick this year. It only approves their cap by about 1 million.

visionary

Reaction score
They don’t save 20 million if they trade Reddick this year. It only approves their cap by about 1 million.
Hes up for a contract
He is a top 5 DE
They will likely have to pay him north of 20 million
Its not complicated if one is not seeing through silver and blue glasses

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly ......not a 1st. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd coz he will need a new deal. Actually would be a good trade for the Commanders ( they traded both of their starters). They are loaded with cap money and high picks.
I agree. One year on his deal and his age if they get a second that’s a good value

mcmvp

Reaction score
Hes up for a contract
He is a top 5 DE
They will likely have to pay him north of 20 million
Its not complicated if one is not seeing through silver and blue glasses
I was talking about cap savings for 2024…I believe there is dead money involved that would make the cap savings only about 1 mil. If the Eagles trade him it’s because they got what they believe is good draft compensation compared to letting him walk in a year. And yes…also to avoid paying probably north of 20 mil per going forward after next season for an Edge rusher that will then be 31 years old

And I’m pretty sure I don’t see through silver and blue glasses lol

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
WE started to see it last yr, now it continues as they cannot keep all these high priced players paying Hurts market level QB money. Eagles struggled rushing the passer last season and now they want to deal their best pass rusher, good luck with that!
Hurts counts 16 million against the cap next year, this has nothing to do with Hurts’ contract. They let Darius Slay do the same thing last year, let the player see what the market is. If a good offer comes in they trade him, if not they will offer an extension.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hurts counts 16 million against the cap next year, this has nothing to do with Hurts’ contract. They let Darius Slay do the same thing last year, let the player see what the market is. If a good offer comes in they trade him, if not they will offer an extension.
Huge mistake resigning Slay, who is a shell of his former self.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
How do they collect a 2 and a 4 if he’s playing out the rest of his contract
They let him leave, and receive compensation. The compensation for someone like Reddick would be something in the range of a 2, and 4. That's just a estimate. It could be a couple 3's. I know the numbers would be fairly high in compensation.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Huge mistake resigning Slay, who is a shell of his former self.
Slay wasn't the problem. It was a huge mistake re-signing Bradberry. I'm sure if they had to do over again it would be Bradberry that was allowed to leave.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They let him leave, and receive compensation. The compensation for someone like Reddick would be something in the range of a 2, and 4. That's just a estimate. It could be a couple 3's. I know the numbers would be fairly high in compensation.
Is there even such a thing as a 2nd round comp. pick?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Bradberry was worse. It’s a big hit to.let him go but he’s unplayable.
The important issue is they lost the Super Bowl so they had to make decisions. And made them. Now they had a late season collapse so they have decisions to make. And they’re making them. The decisions and changes may not work out, but it’s more encouraging than simply running it back.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Slay wasn't the problem. It was a huge mistake re-signing Bradberry. I'm sure if they had to do over again it would be Bradberry that was allowed to leave.
Eagles defense struggled cause the prior yr they were playing ahead most of the time. Pass rush was dominate, it hid their weaknesses in the secondary.