Eagles DE Haasan Reddick given permission to seek a trade

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They let him leave, and receive compensation. The compensation for someone like Reddick would be something in the range of a 2, and 4. That's just an estimate. It could be a couple 3's. I know the numbers would be fairly high in compensation.
Compensatory picks can only go as high as a 3, and you only get 1 per player

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
But there is NO cap????????????
What is going on have I been lied to??? :muttley:
15 million savings and this one hurts the Eagles big time as my man Risen stated in a previous post.
The Eagles have him one more year, not cheap, then he’s a free agent. He’s likely indicated what he’ll be seeking in compensation and the Eagles have to decide if they think he’s worth it. If the answer is no, it is a good idea to let him find out if any team is willing to sign him for what he wants. If there is, Philly likely moves him for a third or fourth. If there isn’t then the conversation with him, in deference to compensation, is closer to what the Eagles have in mind.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, but he’s still their best cornerback by far.

And he always gives the Cowboys trouble.
We had our way against their secondary in both games this season. Their scheme forces underneath throws, where poor linebacking play also attributed why their pass defense was so poor.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Funny that I just seen Reddick never asked to be traded, more Drama in Philly...

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't believe that to be the case. You may be right, but I was reading an article
Again, I'm not sure as I've said I was reading on the compensation picks received by our division rivals, and Philadelphia's stood out.

1 Eagles’ own pick
2 Eagles’ own pick
2 From Saints
3 Projected compensatory pick
5 From Vikings (can become fourth-round pick if conditions are met)
5 From Buccaneers
5 Projected compensatory pick
5 Projected compensatory pick
6 Eagles’ own pick, or the Titans’ sixth-round pick, whichever is better
6 Projected compensatory pick

I know the 3 was Hargrove because out of the lot of Eagles talent that left he was the best. Redick is probably even more valuable as a pass rusher that's why I assumed they will get more than a 3. Again it's just an opinion not something I researched. If you say they don't give 2, or multiple pics you may be right. I don't know where all those comp pics came from. I just know they lost the ton of talent from the team that went to the Super Bowl. I do know it's a tactic there general manager utilizes to let high-priced players go and collect the compensation, and then sign lesser quality players and hope they over perform, and hope they hit in the draft. Didn't work out too well last year.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah there was probably a mistake in there signing Bradberry and letting Gardner-Johnson walk.

They banked on getting production out of Reed Blankenship after his limited decent play last year and he showed himself to be a JAG, decent, nothing great. Their S play was a problem this year. And Bradberry kind of stunk so that was just wasted money.

They have some work to do as well just like us. If I were an Eagles fan, the biggest thing to me is can Hurts rebound under Moore. If he can't and is more like the inconsistent guy we saw in 2023 as opposed to the guy in 2022, well.................

Sydla

Reaction score
Reddick never asked to be traded. He wants to stay in Philly with a contract extension.
Yeah, seems like this is more about managing the cap. Team lets him see if there is a trade out there that makes sense for them which then allows them to not have to invest a lot of cap space in him. If there is no trade out there for him, they either let him finish out his contract or sign him to an extension.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Eagles defense struggled cause the prior yr they were playing ahead most of the time. Pass rush was dominate, it hid their weaknesses in the secondary.
Their pass rush was good, but their secondary and linebackers were better the year before. The Eagles defense struggled this year because of injuries, and lack of depth. Plus old guys like Bradberry completely collapsed performance wise from the year prior. The pass rush probably wasn't that much different they just had nobody in the secondary that could cover anybody long enough to make the QB hold the ball. Everybody was always wide open.I blame the coaches as much as anyone reason. When you hire inexperienced coordinators to run the team that's the chance you take. There coordinators lacked creativity, didn't disguise coverages. They ran the same thing every play, and became too predictable. I said that from the beginning that there coordinators would be a problem. Now you see they replaced them both for this year. That might not work out well either because it takes more than a year to get used to new coordinators, in a new system. The only guy in their back 7 healthy all year was Bradberry, and he was the worst player on the field. But he showed up every game day to play his position, and get destroyed dutifully.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Their pass rush was good, but their secondary and linebackers were better the year before. The Eagles defense struggled this year because of injuries, and lack of depth. Plus old guys like Bradberry completely collapsed performance wise from the year prior. The pass rush probably wasn't that much different they just had nobody in the secondary that could cover anybody long enough to make the QB hold the ball. Everybody was always wide open.I blame the coaches as much as anyone reason. When you hire inexperienced coordinators to run the team that's the chance you take. There coordinators lacked creativity, didn't disguise coverages. They ran the same thing every play, and became too predictable. I said that from the beginning that there coordinators would be a problem. Now you see they replaced them both for this year. That might not work out well either because it takes more than a year to get used to new coordinators, in a new system. The only guy in their back 7 healthy all year was Bradberry, and he was the worst player on the field. But he showed up every game day to play his position, and get destroyed dutifully.
What I saw was a front 4 that struggled to generate pressure and their DC's afraid to send the blitz that would expose their pass defense.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Is there even such a thing as a 2nd round comp. pick?
I don't know. In an earlier post I showed the compensation picks for the Eagles this year. They had at least 4, and I know 1 of them was a 3. That's all I know for sure. And a correction on the Reddick story came earlier today from him.

Reddick Correction

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
What I saw was a front 4 that struggled to generate pressure and their DC's afraid to send the blitz that would expose their pass defense.
You aren't wrong. As the year went by getting to the QB was scarce. It wasn't the front 4 that declined though. It was pretty much the same players minus Hargrave that was replaced with that hotshot rookie Micah always talked about. The only things that changed was the back 7, and a secondary that just couldn't field the same players week in, and week out. Their whole defensive scheme sucked to be honest was pretty brutal. I thought it was bad the year before, then when they lost their defensive coordinator to free agency they put a guy in that made it worse. But I don't disagree with anything you said. I don't know how they won the games they did. It sure as heck wasn't because of their defense. It seemed like every scrub QB that faced them had a career game. They were lucky.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You aren't wrong. As the year went by getting to the QB was scarce. It wasn't the front 4 that declined though. It was pretty much the same players minus Hargrave that was replaced with that hotshot rookie Micah always talked about. The only things that changed was the back 7, and a secondary that just couldn't field the same players week in, and week out. Their whole defensive scheme sucked to be honest was pretty brutal. I thought it was bad the year before, then when they lost their defensive coordinator to free agency they put a guy in that made it worse. But I don't disagree with anything you said. I don't know how they won the games they did. It sure as heck wasn't because of their defense. It seemed like every scrub QB that faced them had a career game. They were lucky.
Fangio runs a very similar scheme. If they want to successfully run that, must get better at the linebacker position and add another high-level pass rusher.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They let him leave, and receive compensation. The compensation for someone like Reddick would be something in the range of a 2, and 4. That's just a estimate. It could be a couple 3's. I know the numbers would be fairly high in compensation.
No more than one compensatory pick per player and a 3rd is the highest a team can get.

Flamma

Reaction score
Funny that I just seen Reddick never asked to be traded, more Drama in Philly...
Post #105 explains it pretty well. What he wants is likely significantly higher than his market value and what the Eagles want to pay him. They're letting him see what he can get. Similar to what a Transition tag would accomplish if he had no years left on his contract.