Eagles did not score one offense TD

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
... If someone told me that before the game started, I would think they were crazy.
Eagles score TDs, but not tonight.

The defense out played itself.
Just kept making big plays from the Parsons sack to the three strips. Hard to keep a team with Philly's offensive talent out of the end zone. Just an incredible effort, especially considering we had to stop them twice on the possession where they executed the fake punt.

gimmesix

Reaction score
. on that play. I told my wife, they might try a fake punt here.
I said it non chalant.
Then I saw the punter ready to.pass it. I thought I was seeing *****...before.my eyes...lol
Yeah, I was calling that because that's the kind of coach Sirianni is. I would have left my defense in there because we knew they were getting desperate.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Just kept making big plays from the Parsons sack to the three strips. Hard to keep a team with Philly's offensive talent out of the end zone. Just an incredible effort, especially considering we had to stop them twice on the possession where they executed the fake punt.
Funny that it comes a week after the D basically sucked against Seattle. Just the way that NFL ball bounces.

blueblood70

Reaction score
... If someone told me that before the game started, I would think they were crazy.
Eagles score TDs, but not tonight.

The defense out played itself.
Look I really like our defense and I'm not trying to be negative here but they're opportunistic whenever they can recover fumbles and get interceptions which I know are part of the game but they're not expected and can't be counted on, they gave up far too many long drives all those turnovers were forced in the plus zone meaning they were already in field goal range they were moving the ball quite easily and it still makes me nervous that this defense is not a lockdown defense they are not a stingy defense that can stop anyone at anytime they gave up so many long time consuming drives that typically end in points and yes they forced those fumbles which was great but we lost the first Eagles games because they didn't recover any of those fumbles they didn't do anything in an opportunistic way to win that game they gave up 28 points in that game same way in Arizona loss and against the 49ers this defense is still shaky in my opinion

they have not earned a championship pedigree no name no moniker they literally are boom or bust we call it opportunistic they have made some plays when it was necessary but so far they don't do this in the playoffs imagine if Trayvon diggs would have picked that ball off or broke up that play against kittles that's what makes a championship team is when you do it in those moments but yes it's impressive they did what they had to do to stop those drives but I'm still concerned about the long drives they did it even against bad teams Washington Carolina even at times against Danny Dimes in the first game of the season they just let themselves be walked down pretty easily in the plus territory..

So when they're not forcing turnovers or getting the big sack they're giving up some yardage and a lot of times they're giving up some points too this is scary to me I still don't trust this defense as much as some people might...

Surfguy

Reaction score
The Eagles thought their fake punt was going to rocket them to a win and change the entire game. Turns out it was about the only play (aside from the Dak fumble TD) they could celebrate all night. Remember how much they were celebrating in Philly all their lucky breaks that beat the Cowboys there. Bunch of pansies!

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles thought their fake punt was going to rocket them to a win and change the entire game. Turns out it was about the only play (aside from the Dak fumble TD) they could celebrate all night.
I called that too when they were lining up to punt I said I don't trust these guys I feel something's coming and damn it if it didn't happen I was shocked and I have no proof of it but I promise you I felt that coming and I'm surprised the Cowboys didn't they did not want to give up another offensive drive this is one of those desperate moves because they knew we were moving the ball on their defense and they just needed to keep the ball...

Swagger

Reaction score
Once Hurts loses those legs in a year or two he’s done. RG3 part two.
Hurts threw some dimes last night to his credit but Brown and Smith dropped two touchdowns they normally take in. The three fumbles in the Cowboys' half were sensational defensive plays.

I disagree that Hurts will be RG3 part two. I don't remember the latter consistently throwing such a good deep ball.

Lamar Jackson is having one of his best seasons for the Ravens having been written off.

Having an elite offensive line is key to any quarterback.