Eagles give Mailata 3-yr, $66 million extension; What are we doing?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Do you watch football? He is a top 5 LT in the game. He is the only tackle to grade out at 83 or higher in both run and pass blocking last season. Him and Dickerson are arguably the best left side of an o-line in the game. I'd be happy as **** if I found out Mailata and Tyler were going to be our left o-line side for the upcoming season.
I don't covet Eagles players. They are the enemy, but you go right ahead and show how much you love them. Traitor

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Pan out? He’s been one of the best LT’s in the NFL for years. Thats like saying you should be wary of paying Tyler Smith because he might not turn into anything. He’s already there.
Tyler Smith is a Cowboy, of course I'm going to praise him. I give zero credit to all Eagles. But you go right ahead and kiss their feet. Traitor.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is a Cowboy, of course I'm going to praise him. I give zero credit to all Eagles. But you go right ahead and kiss their feet. Traitor.
Forget members of other teams, are you going to praise Tyler Smith if he proves to be a less than adequate NFL left tackle?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's not the case. Stop making things up to make your point. Traitor.
So you’ll be objective when offering your opinion on Tyler Smith going forward. You’re not suggesting he’s a great player because he’s a member of the Cowboys. In addition, I assume you’ll allow there might be more accomplished left tackles playing for other teams, except the Eagles, of course.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Easy. Players don't pick the teams they play on. There's nothing wrong with giving praise to talented players around the league, even on the Eagles. The guy they are talking about is a massive man that has developed into a very good football player from scratch. He didn't go to college. He was a rugby player. I'm guessing he sent a video of him playing rugby to the Eagles and they invited him to camp. It was an interesting story that I vaguely remember. He didn't play for a couple years while they taught him how to play football in America.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I don't covet Eagles players. They are the enemy, but you go right ahead and show how much you love them. Traitor
I tell the truth regardless of the uniform. I played four years of D1 football getting my body and brains scrambled every week (except my freshman year, I played ST most of the time); maybe that gives me an appreciation of the game in a way you don't understand. I think Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in the game and one of the best I have ever seen. Does that make me a traitor? I respect anyone who has the talent to walk on that field and play the game. Take your comment and shove it up your sorry ***.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I tell the truth regardless of the uniform. I played four years of D1 football getting my body and brains scrambled every week (except my freshman year, I played ST most of the time); maybe that gives me an appreciation of the game in a way you don't understand. I think Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in the game and one of the best I have ever seen. Does that make me a traitor? I respect anyone who has the talent to walk on that field and play the game. Take your comment and shove it up your sorry ***.
I hear you…I’ll never understand how fans can be blind homers, with zero objectivity, and expect their opinions to be taken seriously. It just makes no sense to me…

DZSierra

Reaction score
You do realize that football is big business and the guys you love now because they're on "your team" may be playing agasint you next year, right?

If a player is good, doesn't matter whose team he plays on, he's still a good player.

When a NFL football team who doesn't put a penny in your pocket but they give you enjoyment to watch them either live at a game or on TV, exactly what does "enemy" mean to you?

I've always considered myself a fan of the game, but not a zealot on something that really has no affect on my life, happiness and financial matters.