Eagles/Jaguars thread

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You were impressed by the Eagles today?They barely beat the Jags who honestly played like we do lol. I saw nothing from the Eagirls to scare me. They've honestly been rather consistent this season. Consistently bad. One thing that's for sure is that defense is not good anymore.
They're not scary but they're better than us. We'll lose on some stupid play or bad coaching decision.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They're not scary but they're better than us. We'll lose on some stupid play or bad coaching decision.
That is the frustrating part. It is not often the defending champions are as vulnerable as they are.

Problem is, Dallas is quite simply not mentally equipped to rise up and seize the opportunity.

They could not do it against a pretty average Commander team and won't do it against the Eagles either.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
6 fgs just doesnt usually win games..you have to out half those in the endzone..wasted yards..the Philly defense is allowing teams to drive up and down the field on them.., they won but not looking like SB champions for sure..
4FG. 6 of those points where touchdown with failed 2pt conversion. Doesn't change your point though, Philly was letting them drive to the redzone all day, very surprising considering they retained almost all of their defense from last year

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt we beat the Eagles, especially at their house and after they have a win going into their bye. So, there should be no whining/crying or complaining since we all agree we will lose right? The complaining and whining on these forums gets annoying sometimes lol. I still love you guys tho. Go Cowboys!

blueblood70

Reaction score
4FG. 6 of those points where touchdown with failed 2pt conversion. Doesn't change your point though, Philly was letting them drive to the redzone all day, very surprising considering they retained almost all of their defense from last year
missed some of the game thanks..yes point being constantly kicking 3s just lets a team like Philly have zero pressure on them..just hang in and hold on..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I doubt we beat the Eagles, especially at their house and after they have a win going into their bye. So, there should be no whining/crying or complaining since we all agree we will lose right? The complaining and whining on these forums gets annoying sometimes lol. I still love you guys tho. Go Cowboys!
Just because we know we're going to lose doesn't mean we can't whine. Just seeing how it happens is enough. lol

Sydla

Reaction score
You were impressed by the Eagles today?They barely beat the Jags who honestly played like we do lol. I saw nothing from the Eagirls to scare me. They've honestly been rather consistent this season. Consistently bad. One thing that's for sure is that defense is not good anymore.

The puff our chest out posts like this are hilarious. Maybe Philly isn’t that good. But neither are we. We suck on the road too this year.

We’ll be a dog in Philly. Probably 5 or so.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not sure they're better than us but I definitely would put Peferson over Garrett

This I agree with.

The eagles are not a dominant team right now. They are .500 for very valid reasons.

Of course so are the cowboys.

But the eagles have the clear coaching advantage. And the advantage at QB.

The cowboys defense to this point has been better than the eagles. And the cowboys the better running game.

So I would be surprised if the eagles blowout the cowboys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the frustrating part. It is not often the defending champions are as vulnerable as they are.

Problem is, Dallas is quite simply not mentally equipped to rise up and seize the opportunity.

They could not do it against a pretty average Commander team and won't do it against the Eagles either.

I think it's a bad matchup for the Cowboys. You attack their defense down the field with the passing game and that's exactly what the Cowboys do worst.

I expect them to dominate the line of scrimmage on at least that side of the ball. Our DL has been less than impressive lately with pressure. That will have to change or this game will be a rout.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I think it's a bad matchup for the Cowboys. You attack their defense down the field with the passing game and that's exactly what the Cowboys do worst.

I expect them to dominate the line of scrimmage on at least that side of the ball. Our DL has been less than impressive lately with pressure. That will have to change or this game will be a rout.

Look at the teams that have average to good run defenses. They expose the Cowboys' issues. The Jags don't do well stopping power running attacks. But the Eagles do.

The defense might stay on the field too much, get tired and the rout is on. Just wait for all the chest thumping from some fans after the Cowboys beat the mediocre Titans.

Sydla

Reaction score
To beat the Eagles you need to throw the ball well. That’s their weakness. They stuff the run. We don’t pass well.

On defense you have to pressure Wentz. We are a middling lass rush team right now.

It’s not the best matchup unless somehow Cooper transforms our passing attack.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the Commanders will win the east but it still wont matter in the playoffs they will be one and done with alex smith

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys have the firepower to beat Philly. The problem will be scheme, gameplan and preparation on offense. Why do the Cowboys seem to be overwhelmed on offense when they face good teams with good defenses? This Cowboys offense is certainly not good enough to be trotting out the same old 1993-type gameplan with the same old formations and motion. Then, after a first half of very little production and a paltry TOP with numerous 3 and outs, the defense gets worn down and starts giving up chunk plays.

This team needs everything to go right on offense to have a good showing. Successful execution across the board and they will move the ball and score points. Making the players adjust to the scheme without introducing a series of plays and wrinkles that exploit the skills and abilities of your players is 20th century football.

Very frustrating to see the front office and coaching staff (HC, offense) be the biggest hurdle to winning games.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To beat the Eagles you need to throw the ball well. That’s their weakness. They stuff the run. We don’t pass well.

On defense you have to pressure Wentz. We are a middling lass rush team right now.

It’s not the best matchup unless somehow Cooper transforms our passing attack.

I don’t know. The cowboys passing game is as good as the Panthers. And the cowboys have a better pass rush than Carolina as well.

I would expect the eagles to win the game. They willl be favored. But I doubt a blowout.