Eagles keep signing players

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Did they sign someone else, or did the OP have a nightmare he just woke up to????

Shannon1

Reaction score
I have never seen this bad of an off season ever! Can’t even resign our top players !

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I know we're in the NFCE and Philthy is our divisional foe but ... screw 'em and the horse they ride!

Seems I remember all this wailing and gnashing of teeth every year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Devil is in the details.

Philly knows how to structure contracts and seemingly can get out from under what we think are bad deals easier than we can it seems.
Devonta still has years 4 and 5 on his rookie deal so he’s at 5y 94m total, slightly less than what Christian Kirk signed for in FA 3 years ago.

Biggest thought with this extension is it doesn’t start until 2026, when the top WRs will be making 35-40m$ AAV.

This offseason will see extensions for

Amon Ra
Chase
Waddle
Aiyuk
Higgins
Lamb
Jefferson
Collins

Howie did the same thing here that he did last year with Jalen Hurts: make sure you’re the first extension out of the gate or it’s just going to cost you more money. Lamar Jackson wanted Hurts’ deal + more. Herbert wanted Lamar’s deal + more. Burrow wanted Herbert’s deal + more.

What happens if 3-4 guys sign, suddenly Amon Ra is now up to 30m+ a year and Lamb hasn’t signed yet. What do you think his agent is now gonna ask for? You knew this time last year he’d be a Cowboy lifer, probably could have gotten him for 25m$… I don’t understand the strategy in waiting