Eagles look slopppy

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
I'm talking about how sloppy your team was. Penalites, bad punting, etc.

McNabb was accurate? Just over 50% completion % yet he averaged less then 3 yards per attempt. WOOHOO. :rolleyes:

A 46 yard punting average not counting the ball that Johnson droped...

Did you watch the game? McNabb looked very good in the pocket and extremely aware/mobile. That is all I care about at this time in the preseason. He was accurate enough, Mitchell droped a pass, Owens was covered by one of the best in the game, and Pinkston was his lovable 0 catch self.

If you did watch the game you would have seen the beautiful 40 pass to Pinkston that was called back because Pinkston had an Illegal Touch call against him. He also had a great looking 63-73 yard throw into the endzone where Pinkston was open but he halfassed the play (or ran out of steam). There was also the Mitchell drop. He also had one run for 10 yards, which most people seem to miss. The penalties cut the drives short (*cough*Runyan, Pinkston*cough*).

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anthrax said:
About 75% of the starters were out after the 1st quarter.

Sure it was sloppy, but you cant say much for a pre-season game.

Bingo! We have a winner.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
A 46 yard punting average not counting the ball that Johnson droped...

Did you watch the game? McNabb looked very good in the pocket and extremely aware/mobile. That is all I care about at this time in the preseason. He was accurate enough, Mitchell droped a pass, Owens was covered by one of the best in the game, and Pinkston was his lovable 0 catch self.
I did. Apparently you didn't watch the game.

6 punt plays in the first half. Out of those six, you were flagged 5 times and had one blocked. That is very sloppy.

McNabb had 11 pass attempts and gained 32 total yards. That isn't good.

It's the first preseason game, but it doesn't make what I wrote in the opening thread inaccurate.

p1_

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Worse than sloppy, my friend.

14 penalties in all, 10 of which were in the first half.
A blocked punt in the first half.
McNabb was running for his life, 6 of 11 for only 36 yards (mostly short). He was inaccurate, throwing balls behind people.
7 players in all who had to leave the game due to injuries

Reid left his first team offense in the game into the second half, yet they didn't put up so much as a field goal, even when playing against the Patriots second team defense.

Can't wait to listen to the local sports radio tonight. :cool:

music to mine ears.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Ok ajm, this is why you are a homer....
AJM1613 said:
What are all you talking about?

Besides all the penalties, bad punting, and the injuries we played very well.
blah blah blah...
McNabb was accurate for a preseason game. One of his passes was a 63 yard pass to Pinkston but he over threw him about 3 yards (from where I was sitting it looked like Pinkston gave up at the end of the play). He had one bad pass to Pinkston (he was throwing it away) and a drop by Mitchell. He also had a 40 yard pass to Pinkston that was called back because he steped on the sideline. It is the first preseason game, so problems are expected.
pinkston is pretty fast, if mcnabb overthrew him it is just more poroof of his below average arm. And mcnabb averaged 3.0 ypc, and he was facing the second team defense for awhile.
We stoped the run very well, I really don't know what you are talking about. Dillon had one 13 yard gain, but besides that he ran 4 times for 10 yards. Mike Cloud (their backup HB) ran 17 times for 45 yards, not good at all.
Well, dillon, who is a starting qaulity rb, averaged over 4 ypc.

Our running game was very good, Mahe (who I am not a fan of) looked very good against the Pats first/second string defense (Wilfolk).
Who cares how the backups look? What about westbrook and buckhalter?
Our offensive line looked fine, Blake and McNabb wern't sacked at all, and both had a long time to throw. McNabb had to step up a few times and use his scrabling ability, but he always gave his receivers enough times to get open. They gave him enough time to give Pinkston enough time to run 63 yards (about 8 seconds). McNabb actually looked very well avoiding sacks, he doesn't look as fat and slow as he did last season.
Funny, is that why mcnabb had to scramble a good percentage of the time?
Rayburn looked great, he had a very nice sack on Davey, he just blew up the offensive line. He was the best player on our team IMO.
Does rayburn have a chance to start?
The biggest problem was our corners. Brown got beat on one play very badly for a TD but Sheppard covered his receiver well. Brown also had a great play on a Brady pass.
hmmm, if you expect to take every batted ball by brown and then expect him to get burn, problems. Especially considering how average the pats recievers are.
Westbrook looked fast, and Buckhalter only had one carry for some reason. Kearse only played the first two series, but he didn't even play all of the snaps, we were extremely careful.
Ya, and how productive was westbrook? You really have to stop slanting the facts...
The starting Patriots defense played a lot. Wilson and Samuel were playing into the fourth quarter. Pass (their starting FB) played the whole game, and Davey played most of it. Davey looked terrible against our starters and then when Haw/Wynn/Pinderhughes were our CBs, he lit our defense up. We split the starting QBs into thirds, McNabb played a third, Blake played a third, and Hall played a third (who looked bad, it is his first game but...). Davey played all but two series.
From what I hear, mcnabb and owens played against the 2nd string and still could produce.

Whitewash

Reaction score
Anyone who dissects a preseason game to the extent that the poster above me just did needs to seriously re-think what they do with their free time.

In the end, how teams perform in the preseason means absolutely nothing.

Take a look at the 2000 Giants, who went 0-4 in the preseason.

kmd24

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Rayburn looked great, he had a very nice sack on Davey, he just blew up the offensive line. He was the best player on our team IMO.

We had so many injuries (Rayburn,

None of the injuries are going to hurt our team at all.

AJM1613, penultimate Eagles apologist. You're always good for a laugh.

Duane

Reaction score
My favorite play last night was when Owens was trying to block for one of the running backs. He showed no passion at all to do it. Harrison stood him up and waited for the RB to come close and tackled him.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Duane said:
My favorite play last night was when Owens was trying to block for one of the running backs. He showed no passion at all to do it. Harrison stood him up and waited for the RB to come close and tackled him.
Music to my ears. :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
Bingo! We have a winner.

Man no kidding. It is the first preseason game of the year and people are acting like it was December already. I suspect the Cowboys will look pretty ordinary at times tonight yet I won't be jumping off the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

p1_

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Man no kidding. It is the first preseason game of the year and people are acting like it was December already. I suspect the Cowboys will look pretty ordinary at times tonight yet I won't be jumping off the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

true,

and yet one team looks like it's in December form. The champ took the preseason game as though it meant something. The other looked like it's not ready for prime time.

Whitewash

Reaction score
p1_ said:
true,

and yet one team looks like it's in December form. The champ took the preseason game as though it meant something. The other looked like it's not ready for prime time.

Who cares?

The Bucs absolutely thrashed their opponent in their first preseason game after winning the Super Bowl, and did it mean absolutely anything in the end?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Westbrook/Buckhalter had 5 rushes for 25 yards (4.4). Westbrook had a nice 12 yard run to the right, but then he rean three times to the left and only got 5 yards on three carries. Buckhalter's 5 yard run was to the right, and didn't run to the left the whole game. Artis Hicks isn't a good run blocker, he is usually a T (pass blocking LT) but was playing left guard yesterday because Mayberry didn't play.

McNabb wasn't facing the second team defense at all, the Patriots kept their first team defense in as long as he was on the field. A few of the starters, were still playing in the fourth quarter. I really wonder where you get your information.

Rayburn didn't start but he played most of it. Simon only play a series and Rayburn played into the third. He still went against the Patriots' first team offensive line.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb wasn't facing the second team defense at all, the Patriots kept their first team defense in as long as he was on the field. A few of the starters, were still playing in the fourth quarter. I really wonder where you get your information.
Second Quarter
Philadelphia Eagles at 15:00
1-10-PHI40 (15:00) D.McNabb pass to C.Buckhalter to PHI 48 for 8 yards (T.Banta-Cain).
2-2-PHI48 (14:20) D.McNabb pass incomplete to T.Owens (A.Samuel).
3-2-PHI48 (14:11) D.McNabb pass incomplete to F.Mitchell (G.Scott).
4-2-PHI48 (14:10) D.Johnson punt is BLOCKED by L.Izzo, Center-M.Bartrum, RECOVERED by NE-L.Izzo at PHI 30. L.Izzo to PHI 25 for 5 yards (Q.Mikell).

Not a single Patriot starter among those on the play....But who cares, right?

Jersey

Reaction score
I watched the entire egirl/Pat's game. t.o. is going to have an awesome year. I easily see 100 catches for 168 yds. McScrub physically can't complete a pass over 5 yds. It is clearly his accurracy limit. He had several guys wide open and could not get the ball within 10 yds of them. They were also getting hurt on every play, they were all rolling around on the ground like they just steped on a land mine but all x-rays are negative. In an earlier radio interview, I heard an NFL scout mention that the rap on Matt Ware was that he was soft and hated contact. Thats why many teams had him rated as noting more than a 4th round pick. This was evident when the hit to his knee came. It wasn't planted, nor did it bend back abnormally. He just seems to be one of those guy's that passes out when he gets a hang nail.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Second Quarter
Philadelphia Eagles at 15:00
1-10-PHI40 (15:00) D.McNabb pass to C.Buckhalter to PHI 48 for 8 yards (T.Banta-Cain).
2-2-PHI48 (14:20) D.McNabb pass incomplete to T.Owens (A.Samuel).
3-2-PHI48 (14:11) D.McNabb pass incomplete to F.Mitchell (G.Scott).
4-2-PHI48 (14:10) D.Johnson punt is BLOCKED by L.Izzo, Center-M.Bartrum, RECOVERED by NE-L.Izzo at PHI 30. L.Izzo to PHI 25 for 5 yards (Q.Mikell).

Not a single Patriot starter among those on the play....But who cares, right?

You included Larry Izzo, that is funny...

Freddie Mitchell didn't start either...neither did Buckhalter...neither did D. Johnson and Mike Bartrum.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Jersey said:
I watched the entire egirl/Pat's game. t.o. is going to have an awesome year. I easily see 100 catches for 168 yds. McScrub physically can't complete a pass over 5 yds. It is clearly his accurracy limit. He had several guys wide open and could not get the ball within 10 yds of them. They were also getting hurt on every play, they were all rolling around on the ground like they just steped on a land mine but all x-rays are negative. In an earlier radio interview, I heard an NFL scout mention that the rap on Matt Ware was that he was soft and hated contact. Thats why many teams had him rated as noting more than a 4th round pick. This was evident when the hit to his knee came. It wasn't planted, nor did it bend back abnormally. He just seems to be one of those guy's that passes out when he gets a hang nail.

Matt Ware was our most physical cornerback durring training camp. Durring his first play on a 11-11, he tossed Pinkston on the ground.

Even if he's not, does anyone remember a CB who played for us in the past who also wore #21 and cried when he got a hang nail? That guy was pretty tall as well and was a fine CB for us for 7 years.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
You included Larry Izzo, that is funny...

Freddie Mitchell didn't start either...neither did Buckhalter...neither did D. Johnson and Mike Bartrum.
All the guys I bolded don't start at those positions, including Larry Izzo. He was playing out of his normal starting position on punt coverage because he is second behind Phifer.

I think it's funny how you were just outed for posting fiction yet refused to acknowledge it. McNabb went three and out against the second team, just as the original poster stated.

You've been schooled boy.