Eagles look slopppy

notherbob

Reaction score
AKM1613 & Anthrax -

Thanks for taking the high road with your posts.

I always enjoy hearing how other teams are doing and hope there are no major injuries. Football is only at its best when the best players are playing. All wins look alike in the record, but to the players, the ones that mean the most are when your team beat its rival when its rival was at its best. All athletes know this, it is usually the fans who are confused and think that stomping a weakened rival is a great victory, when the most meaningful triumph is when you stomp your rival when they are at their peak. Anybody can beat up on the puny, it takes a real man to beat a strong enemy.

That being said, I really hope the Eagles field a great team this year and the 'Boys take both games away from them and then knock them out of the playoffs. Of course, being a fan, I would love it even if your starters are injured and you're playing your scrubs. :D

'notherBob
It's only pre-season, the lowest form of football, but at least it's football.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
mods, feel free to move this to smack or nfl topic.

I posted it last night for cowboys fans that didn't get a chance to see our division rivals.

My intention was not for a bunch of eagles fans with questionable intellect to come defend a bad performance.

Bizwah

Reaction score
As much as I want to see the eagles fail spectacularly and embarrassingly, I can't get excited about last night.

It was preseason. How many times in our heyday did we look a little sloppy in the preseason?

Not only that, but look who they played....the world champ Pats.

Duane

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Matt Ware was our most physical cornerback durring training camp. Durring his first play on a 11-11, he tossed Pinkston on the ground.

LMAO. That's like someone saying that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. It's a given that it's going to happen every day. I bet a strong fart could knock Pinkston to the ground.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
All the guys I bolded don't start at those positions, including Larry Izzo. He was playing out of his normal starting position on punt coverage because he is second behind Phifer.

I think it's funny how you were just outed for posting fiction yet refused to acknowledge it. McNabb went three and out against the second team, just as the original poster stated.

You've been schooled boy.

My intention was to show you that backups play with starters, McNabb went agaisnt some second teamers, but he also went against starters...but there is no way to prove this. Warren/Wilson/Wilfolk/Samuel were all out there, they will all be starting by the year's end if they arn't starting already.

BUT McNabb had some of his backups out with him as well, including the offensive line and HB. There is a difference between "starters" and "first team".

BTW: That Mitchell pass was droped.

Reaction score
Anthrax said:
Sure it was sloppy, but you cant say much for a pre-season game. Corners didnt play well. Sheldon Brown got burnt so bad, but he did have a good play when he tore the ball out of Troy browns hands to make it an incomplete pass.

Preseason games are dangerous when it comes to injuries.

BTW great highlights A'Thrax

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Spin away AJM, you look more foolish by the second. It really gets sad when someone is completely shown up and tries to find there way around it.

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Spin away AJM, you look more foolish by the second. It really gets sad when someone is completely shown up and tries to find there way around it.

You are the foolish one RW-dirty-one,

As you so insistently put it in many of your defensive posts "this is only a preseason game!" Listen ...

We were actually winners to have the former SB (Super Bowl) champs as our first preseason opponents! Health is still on our side ...

Kearse is everything he was advertised to be -- incredibly quick, deceptively strong, great at shedding blockers. He's a force.

Burgess is only a half-step behind Kearse. There's still some rust to be knocked off and some game conditioning to be gained, but Burgess is showing once again why Jim Johnson is so excited to have him on the field. Burgess is a rocket off the edge, he has a good power move to the inside and he spent most of his night on Friday chasing New England quarterbacks.

N.D. Kalu also flashed against New England. He made great penetration and had Tom Brady all but sacked. Kalu's lone error on the play was allowing Brady to wiggle free enough to flip a completion that went for big yards.

Kearse, Burgess and Kalu are the three main ends here. McDougle may become a heavy part of the rotation once he's healthy and gets into game action and shows that he was worthy of that first-round draft pick last year.

At tackle, the threesome of Simon, Walker and Hollis Thomas is excellent, and an emerging Rayburn coupled with Grasmanis gives the Eagles excellent depth. The coaches also like the glimpses Jon Bradley has shown; more time with him will prove to be beneficial.

So what part of foolish are you talking about. Let's not forget, we "at least" put points on the board!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Ok arm, you particulary ignorant egirl fan, I will show you the way...
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You are the foolish one RW-dirty-one,
Is that my name now? Coming from a philthy city like Philly, you should just keep your mouth shut about hygien...
As you so insistently put it in many of your defensive posts "this is only a preseason game!" Listen ...

We were actually winners to have the former SB (Super Bowl) champs as our first preseason opponents! Health is still on our side ...
See, what you juts did is a spin. You tried to warp reality in your favor, and it usually doesn't work, unless your talking to retards, so go back to the EMB andpracice...
Kearse is everything he was advertised to be -- incredibly quick, deceptively strong, great at shedding blockers. He's a force.
Thats why he had 1 tackle in the game:rolleyes:
Burgess is only a half-step behind Kearse. There's still some rust to be knocked off and some game conditioning to be gained, but Burgess is showing once again why Jim Johnson is so excited to have him on the field. Burgess is a rocket off the edge, he has a good power move to the inside and he spent most of his night on Friday chasing New England quarterbacks.
If burgess is only a half a step behind kearse, then I guess kearse isn't anywhere close to being as good as eagle fans say...
N.D. Kalu also flashed against New England. He made great penetration and had Tom Brady all but sacked. Kalu's lone error on the play was allowing Brady to wiggle free enough to flip a completion that went for big yards.
Id be embarrased of kalu if I were you.

Kearse, Burgess and Kalu are the three main ends here. McDougle may become a heavy part of the rotation once he's healthy and gets into game action and shows that he was worthy of that first-round draft pick last year.
Why do I care?
At tackle, the threesome of Simon, Walker and Hollis Thomas is excellent, and an emerging Rayburn coupled with Grasmanis gives the Eagles excellent depth. The coaches also like the glimpses Jon Bradley has shown; more time with him will prove to be beneficial.
see above? you think I believe your hype?
So what part of foolish are you talking about. Let's not forget, we put point on the board!
Yeah, on the second team, while your first team was going three and out againtst the pats backups...
Try harder next time.

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Is that my name now?

Only when you talk like you don't know what you're talking about -- and that's
about 65% of the time. Otherwise you're still RW31.

But you really should worry about your offensive and defensive strategies. I was actually surprised that you did so poorly against a low rated team Like the Tx'ns!

Do you really want to compare your defensive team against the Eagles (quick, don't answer that yet). :cool:

Reaction score
RW31 said:
See, what you juts did is a spin.

burgess is only a half a step behind kearse...

So you liked my defensive squad? (don't answer that) ...

Well here's another Eagles defensive player that will be paying a visit in the C'boys backfield in a "Philadelhia second" after the ball is snapped ...

DT DeMarco McNeil

Four-year starter who posted 55/12/6 as a senior, also intercepting one pass and breaking up five more. Junior totals were 39/8/1 after 33/4/1 the prior year. Freshman All American in 2000 when he registered 67/13/5, leading the team in tackles for loss.

Inside plugger that effectively stuffs the run. Gets off the ball with a good first step, plays with leverage and easily redirects to the action. Slides off blocks laterally, fast closing on the action and immediately alters his angle of attack. Displays an array of moves, effectively uses his hands or an arm over technique to get off blocks. Picks up assignments and plays intelligent football. Strong tackler that wraps up the ball carrier.

You need him, we have him, you can't get him. Spin that!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Only when you talk like you don't know what you're talking about -- and that's
about 65% of the time. Otherwise you're still RW31.

But you really should worry about your offensive and defensive strategies. I was actually surprised that you did so poorly against a low rated team Like the Tx'ns!

Do you really want to compare your defensive team against the Eagles (quick, don't answer that yet). :cool:
Sure, lets do it. BTW, its preseason, we blitzed twice. We ran three different running plays. Only loser show their real play book in the preseason.

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Only loser show their real play book in the preseason.

Ok Mr. RW31,

You make an interesting point. I'll be watching your second preseason game closely -- especially your defensive squad.