Eagles make Elliot highest paid kicker in league

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I'm not interested in just 2024. Turns out I plan to be a fan for years. We'll have new HC in 2025. I want them to have as much flexibility as possible.
I’m also a fan of years and will be for years to come…I want them to maximize the now. They’ve restructured In years past when the team needed everything to go right just to win 10 games, so the fact that they actually have a good team, not elite but good and wanna be prudent now is ridiculous. Go make the moves that can get us on the level of a Baltimore, San Fran, buffalo etc.

You have no idea what happens after this season so you have no clue the coach is fired, beyond that you flexibility for what? The jones, Stephen in particular doesn’t want to overspend in free agency which is typically a prerequisite of free agency. It doesn’t mean charge the card and go insane but sometimes you have to overpay slightly to be aggressive.

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
And for the record there are times to borrow against the future, but this year is clearly not it.
Yes, why borrow against the future (which they’ve done forever) for a 12-5 perennial playoff team…let’s do it when we are 8-8 (oops we did that too). If you’re in for a penny you’re in for a pound. Now is the exact time to be aggressive and if it doesn’t work then you can get the books straight.

When the team hasn’t sniffed a superbowl in 30 years…winnow now should be the priority, not saving cap for a rainy day

StarLord

Reaction score
Yes, why borrow against the future (which they’ve done forever) for a 12-5 perennial playoff team…let’s do it when we are 8-8 (oops we did that too). If you’re in for a penny you’re in for a pound. Now is the exact time to be aggressive and if it doesn’t work then you can get the books straight.

When the team hasn’t sniffed a superbowl in 30 years…winnow now should be the priority, not saving cap for a rainy day
I mean.. you kind of are making my point, aren't you? They've done the constant kick the can down the line and it hasn't worked. And doesn't necessarily have to be pure austerity.. they could try trading players on the edge who have ballooning contracts.

But no, with structure of Dak's cap hit this year, lame duck MM, a DC who hasn't even been in the building yet, the amount of players who went to FA, and contract or trade decisions on CD and Micah, coupled with the playoff results of the last 3 years, I don't think this a year to go all in and mortgage the farm. The previous 2 years were literally structured for this.. this year certainly isn't.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I mean.. you kind of are making my point, aren't you? They've done the constant kick the can down the line and it hasn't worked. And doesn't necessarily have to be pure austerity.. they could try trading players on the edge who have ballooning contracts.

But no, with structure of Dak's cap hit this year, lame duck MM, a DC who hasn't even been in the building yet, the amount of players who went to FA, and contract or trade decisions on CD and Micah, coupled with the playoff results of the last 3 years, I don't think this a year to go all in and mortgage the farm. The previous 2 years were literally structured for this.. this year certainly isn't.
It didn’t work when the team wasn’t good enough, the core wasn’t built. This team has a core, it has had sustained regular season success and postseason appearances- all things that weren’t there when they did those restructures. Its foundation is built they just need to free up some money and fills some holes- like signing a wave 1 line backer for 10 mill, or a DT etc. those teams were never ever close, not even close as consistent playoff teams.

Who said mortgage the farm? Just partake in day 1 or 2 or 3 of free agency and use that money prudently. You’re the type of guy that will always say “it’s never the year to go all in”…when will it be there year? Tell me

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Is it not possible to keep all the Eagles stuff in the correct forum?