Eagles -- No Class

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
I have never been a big detractor of philly and have always given them credit when due, but after watching the first half of this game I must say i've lost whatever respect I had for the organization. They literally celebrate and run their mouth and dance after each routine tackle on defense and after each catch of 10+ yards on offense. After seeing Jeremiah Trotter completely unload on Jeff Feagles, the Giants punter, who was about 15 yards away from the ball and who was jogging about half speed, and then gut up and stand over feagles pumping his fist, I can't understand how philly fans can come on here and try to justify this behavior. Yes, every player is fair game on the field as each is a potential tackler, but I would be completely ashamed of myself if i made a play like that, and then stood over the injured player taunting a guy i blindsided who is 1/3 of my size. Absolutely shameful.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
stag hunter said:
I have never been a big detractor of philly and have always given them credit when due, but after watching the first half of this game I must say i've lost whatever respect I had for the organization. They literally celebrate and run their mouth and dance after each routine tackle on defense and after each catch of 10+ yards on offense. After seeing Jeremiah Trotter completely unload on Jeff Feagles, the Giants punter, who was about 15 yards away from the ball and who was jogging about half speed, and then gut up and stand over feagles pumping his fist, I can't understand how philly fans can come on here and try to justify this behavior. Yes, every player is fair game on the field as each is a potential tackler, but I would be completely ashamed of myself if i made a play like that, and then stood over the injured player taunting a guy i blindsided who is 1/3 of my size. Absolutely shameful.

Ditto!

Classless fans, classless players = Classless organization.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
When it comes to Philly fans nothing would surprise me. :mad:

Broohaha

Reaction score
stag hunter said:

agree with everything you just said. it should be illegal to take out a punter like that.

TLW47

Reaction score
Philly's bad sportsmanship is legendary.

Ask Michael Irvin about them.

AJM1613

Reaction score
The punter's fine. He is a defender, he was going to the play, it was a legal hit.

You think our team has no class because we're pumped up for the game?

Yeah...I see...because they were happy they got a tackle they have no class...um okay...damn you people are stretching it. I love the fire they are showing.

It was Trotter BTW, did you expect anything else? It was a legal hit...damn...

scotth66

Reaction score
AJM Philly fans have NO CLASS becasue they cheered when Irvin was down with a potentially life threatening injury that did end his career. Also, what about pelting J Johnson with snow battery balls. :confused:

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
You are completely missing the point. of course its legal. Everyone knows that. But to gloat after taking out a punter (when there are other unblocked players a little more capable of making a play than jeff feagles) is completely without class. And if you can't see that philadelphia's celebration is excessive then you are refusing to recognize the obvious because of your allegiance to your team. on 2nd down if you stop a runningback after a yard, no spectacular hit or amazing open field tackle, and you leap up and dance and strut down the field for 10 seconds after the play, you are making yourself look like an idiot. Each of them showboat non-stop. There is a difference between that and "showing fire." As a football player myself I know that a guy who puts you on your back and gets up and walks back to the huddle without saying a word is a lot more intimidating than someone who is jawing and dancing after each routine play. Whatever happened to "showing fire" in your play and letting that do the talking for you? im in no way suggesting that this is a problem endemic to the eagles, it's very much a league-wide thing, but i think philly exemplifies it more than any other team i've seen. plus, the celebrations aren't even any good. mcnabb dancing last year vs the skins and freddie mitchell's lame attempt at the "c-walk" were complete embarassments.

No_Hands

Reaction score
aw c'mon folks, cut them Eagles players and fans some slack. It's impossible to know how to act like you've been there when you've never been there....

phdefense

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
The punter's fine. He is a defender, he was going to the play, it was a legal hit.

Yeah...I see...because they were happy they got a tackle they have no class...um okay...damn you people are stretching it. I love the fire they are showing.

yes and I am sure the first time someone unloads on the philly punter and people pipe up on the eagles message board you will defend the legality of the hit equally :rolleyes:

AJM1613

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
You are completely missing the point. of course its legal. Everyone knows that. But to gloat after taking out a punter (when there are other unblocked players a little more capable of making a play than jeff feagles) is completely without class. And if you can't see that philadelphia's celebration is excessive then you are refusing to recognize the obvious because of your allegiance to your team. on 2nd down if you stop a runningback after a yard, no spectacular hit or amazing open field tackle, and you leap up and dance and strut down the field for 10 seconds after the play, you are making yourself look like an idiot. Each of them showboat non-stop. There is a difference between that and "showing fire." As a football player myself I know that a guy who puts you on your back and gets up and walks back to the huddle without saying a word is a lot more intimidating than someone who is jawing and dancing after each routine play. Whatever happened to "showing fire" in your play and letting that do the talking for you? im in no way suggesting that this is a problem endemic to the eagles, it's very much a league-wide thing, but i think philly exemplifies it more than any other team i've seen. plus, the celebrations aren't even any good. mcnabb dancing last year vs the skins and freddie mitchell's lame attempt at the "c-walk" were complete embarassments.

Feagles is a punter, he was our punter back in the day, and a very good one. Trotter hit him with a legal hit, and knocked him out, BUT HE WAS FINE! He could have blocked someone else, just like that Tennessee lineman could have blocked someone else instead of Winslow in that preseason game. Punters/kickers/quarterbacks get hit like that all the time, but because he is an Eagle, you feel the need to start your own little thread on the hit on the punter for you and all your little Cowboy friends to mock a team that is better than yours.

NOTE: If he had gotten hurt, I would have felt differently.

Usually (last couple of years) Eagle players are calm and don't get up after plays yelling and screaming, but we picked up a few of them in the offseason. Dawkins and Runyan were really our only two vocal players last season. We added Reed, Owens, Trotter and Douglas in the offseason, all of them are vocal on the football field.

Last season durring the Panthers game, the team looked like it had no heart aside from Dawkins, and you could tell he was struggling with an injury so it wasn't affective. We needed that fire.

Look at the kickoff return by Reed in the first quarter. We were down 7-0 against the Giants, and it didn't look good. Reed got the ball and broke a ton of tackles to get out to the 30. He didn't get great field position, but he brought that "fire". Who knows? What would the game have been like if he just fliped the ball to the ref? That entire drive they showed him on the sideline yelling and screaming at the offense.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
I will never forget, and never forgive for that one.

Same here.I lost all respect for philly and their fans after the way they treated Michael Irvin.

Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
Same here.I lost all respect for philly and their fans after the way they treated Michael Irvin.

AJM is trying to explain to you that Feagles is feeling fine. Trotter made a very legal hit on a potential player that could have stopped a crucial Eagles play. How Many times have you heard the expression "the kicker/punter is the only thing left between him and the goal line?"

Everyone also knows Feagles wil be back to punt again. Eagle fans are not unnecessary cruelty advocates -- and this does not fall in that category. Oh, one more thing, I'm not about to sit up here listen a sensitivity lecture from someone who's avatar says he's a Latino Gangster Killer!

Many of you may not be away of what LatinG187's avatar means. "G" represents Gangsta (or if you prefer gangster); while the "187" represents the police call sign for Murda (or if you prefer murder/ homicide).

I don't care if you respect us or not. You should have wooried about the Vikings last weekend. :eek:

Move on, the season is still young, and you never know what your own defensive players may do out on the grid iron.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

just b/c it was legal doesn't mean it was neccessary.

pretty sissy move if you asked me.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Is it "we" or just you? The feeling is mutual.

oh, it's ok, i know all too well how cry baby philly fans are when it comes to dallas.

talk about superiority complex times infinity!

i ALMOST feel sorry for you guys. but then i realize you deserve every bit of your misery.