Eagles put in an offer to Clowney

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think Aldon Smith will turn out to be a better signing. Obviously, there's no way I can prove it since Smith's been out of the league for a few years, but I just feel like the player has figured out his direction and is more focused on football now than he's ever been ... and he was a tremendous player before he found that focus.

Time will tell. I’m high on Aldon Smith; I don’t think that kind of league dominating talent just gets turned off after some time out of the league. The real question is whether they’ll let him play.

Clowney is blah. He’s good against the run, OK.

If I told you there was a player available who played in 13 games last year, started 11, and had 31 tackles and 3 sacks, would you spend $22 million for him? Didn’t think so.

Clowney hasn’t had an impact season since 2017.

zerofill

Reaction score
For what Clowney will cost, I had no interest in the Cowboys trying to sign him. That contract is not worth the strain it puts on your cap. He’s not that good. Have at it Eagles.

Thing with him.... when he is on, he is great.... But, he disappears for very long stretches.

visionary

Reaction score
LOL at the Eagles.
So they drafted for 2-3 years down the line but traded for Slay and and offering large cap space to Clowney.

Can anyone explain what they are doing in the Philly front office?

Win

You know, the opposite of what you so staunchly defended for 10 years under Garrett so you might not know what it is

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Like that Persian King Xerses once said.."Finish them off with arrows."...Through the airrrrrr.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Time will tell. I’m high on Aldon Smith; I don’t think that kind of league dominating talent just gets turned off after some time out of the league. The real question is whether they’ll let him play.

If I told you there was a player available who played in 13 games last year, started 11, and had 31 tackles and 3 sacks, would you spend $22 million for him? Didn’t think so.

It will be interesting to see both if Smith is able to shake off the rust and how much he'll be used even if he does. I like the fact that he has matured into a man bodywise. If he has done that while not losing quickness, bend, etc., he could actually be a better player in his 30s, having not been worn down by excessive use.

I'm not getting my hopes up because he has a lot to overcome, but I don't think seeing that is out of the realm of possibilities.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL at the Eagles.
So they drafted for 2-3 years down the line but traded for Slay and and offering large cap space to Clowney.

Can anyone explain what they are doing in the Philly front office?
The word clusterfudge comes to mind.

slick325

Reaction score
Maybe.

Clowney is a good player for around 10 mil/season or so. Clowney is a terrible signing for 20 mil/season or so.

It would be adding more talent and depth to a strength for their team. Obviously contract price is something to consider as well.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score

hes only asking for around 16-18 , well at least he told seatle that was his lowest offer

Reactions: BAT

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Perhaps the most overrated player in football
We had zero interest and we were wise.

He is under productive and over-hyped.

I watched alot of Texan games here in San Antonio..

he was pretty much a wanna-be. Watt completely stole all his attention.

So Clowney left.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200_d.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Eagles value the DL. They spent money on DT and now are at least contemplating spending even more money at DE.

We should be doing the same thing by getting Griffen in here. But alas, we bargain shopped at DE.

kskboys

Reaction score
Clowney is a very good player w/ talented players around him, but he's not THE guy.