Eagles put in an offer to Clowney

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
lol. That won them a title so hard to laugh too hard but how does this weird draft for 3 years away jive with win now cap management.
Did they not see that drag both Dallas and Washington down for years?

I mean they could have gotten a QB2 like Dalton for 3M and drafted a DE for the next 4 seasons in R2.
They drafted DeSean 2.0 in R1.
It's all just so odd.

fivetwos

Reaction score
LOL at the Eagles.
So they drafted for 2-3 years down the line but traded for Slay and and offering large cap space to Clowney.

Can anyone explain what they are doing in the Philly front office?
Yeah nice points. They are making Jerry look pretty good.

Game played on the field tho.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They manage the cap.

Stephen just makes excuses.
The Eagles have terrible cap mgmt.
They took it straight from what Stephen did a decade ago.
Truly poor.
By starting every year maxed out 2 and 3 years in advance on the cap they are relying on it rising yearly (now very unlikely) and no major player tumult occurring. --see eating Jay Ratliff cash-- or Miles Austin penalty.

They are hamstringing Wentz if that kid does develop into a superstar.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Truly poor.
By starting every year maxed out 2 and 3 years in advance on the cap they are relying on it rising yearly (now very unlikely) and no major player tumult occurring. --see eating Jay Ratliff cash-- or Miles Austin penalty.

Biased fan takes.

I've been hearing for 5 years now that the Eagles are doomed cap wise. Get back to me next year when they are doing just fine and we are bargain bin shopping.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Just saw this. It's their version of 105.3.

It's already going to be hard to run on them, you can totally forget it if they get Clowney. Good news is their back 7 is terrible and we should have no issue passing. Need quick routes and some YAC.

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot...deveon-clowney-has-contract-offer-from-eagles

their dline has been their strength for some time now, if Clowney wants that big contract next year that’s where he goes to get his 1 on 1’s.

Reactions: BAT

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Truly poor.

Yet, every year they figure it out and sign who they want.

Stephen claims he can do whatever he wants with the cap but never actually does it, and then blames the cap for "limiting what they can do"

I'm not endorsing the Eagles signings, not at all; just pointing out their ability to maneuver financially.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
For 2021 the Eagles are (-50,122,046) - in the red. Adding Clowney would increase it more. They would have to restructure MANY contracts or cut players for 2021 season.

Thanks for the info. That is fantastic news for 2021. I hate the Eagles. Although, it looks like they have something like $20M under the cap for 2020. So, if they don't use that money they could roll it over. They also have plenty of players to restructure. So, let's hope they sign Clowney for top dollar and he stinks which would make 2021 even worse.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Just saw this. It's their version of 105.3.

It's already going to be hard to run on them, you can totally forget it if they get Clowney. Good news is their back 7 is terrible and we should have no issue passing. Need quick routes and some YAC.

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot...deveon-clowney-has-contract-offer-from-eagles

he plays the run? Lol

dude is a lousy 4-3 DE who looks even more pedestrian by the fact that he really has no desire to dominate or be average.

Nexx

Reaction score
LOL at the Eagles.
So they drafted for 2-3 years down the line but traded for Slay and and offering large cap space to Clowney.

They're playing Madden..

MojaveJT

Reaction score
LOL at the Eagles.

Throwing everything they can at the wall and hoping something sticks. LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles have more of a willingness to make a one year investment to get their team over the top. I don't know if Clowney is going to help them much, but it could if Clowney plays 100% all the time. Perhaps not be able to get a team to give him the money he wants is an incentive for him to play harder in 2020. The Eagles are in a real cap bind in 2021 so I cannot imagine them signing Clowney for more than 1 year.

The got Slay at CB, adding Clowney is a little like when the Cowboys got Deion and Haley. I don't like all the moves the Eagles have made but they have a lot of speed on offense and if they get Clowney to play on an already good defensive line, they would be pretty good in this year.

Reactions: BAT