Eagles reject latest apology

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Why does this have to be a race issue again? I mean I was with McFlabb's Dad till those comments. I guess when critisizing, we should be checking our color and the other person's color before doing so? Man, too many people use Race in every issue.

Black people make "race" comments based on their life experiences. Race alway plays a part.

aikemirv

Reaction score
"As a father, as a man, as a sports enthusiast, I think this is a sad day," McNabb said. "It's another young man with a golden opportunity to do good in his life who opted to take a different stand.

"The sad side of it is this is a guy who could have been and who was very productive in this system. It's sad that wasn't enough for the guy."

Sorry, not a sad day for me.

Justice was served!!

I like justice - it rarely happens that someone with talent and skill gets what they deserve rather than getting away with it!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Awesome, I had reservations about wether TO would be welcomed back. Glad the Eagirls took the high road. WOOT :lmao:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory...

Did Rosenhaus cause all of this because he was not his agent and not getting the cut from the old contract When TO 1st signed). Since the Eagles were not renogiating a new deal...DR gets nadda, nothing..zippo.

Simple answer, get him fired and signed somewhere else where you get a cut....hmmm...

fortdick

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Conspiracy theory...

Did Rosenhaus cause all of this because he was not his agent and not getting the cut from the old contract When TO 1st signed). Since the Eagles were not renogiating a new deal...DR gets nadda, nothing..zippo.

Simple answer, get him fired and signed somewhere else where you get a cut....hmmm...

Didn't you hear? He loves that guy! HE is behind him 110$ OOPS! Mistype! I meant to type 110%!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Conspiracy theory...

I had heard that speculated about when T.O. first asked for a new contract. The better Rosenhaus conspiracy theory is that he staged rescuing the drowning girl.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Apparently TO's favorite Campbells Chunky Soup flavor is "Chunky Crow"... ;)

Chunky My Own Foot.

mullet

Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten said:
Jim Mora Sr. said on the radio yesterday, "If my son signs Terrell Owens, I will disown him."

I thought that was pretty funny.

That is a good one.
Good Ol' Mora Sr....... remember those outbursts he would have, and he would drop 'diddly-poo' in the mix. sweet.

Martice

Reaction score
Well my take on the "race" quote is McNabb (papa) understands that some people of color pray for a QB like them win the big one and be at the top of his game.

For years, the QB position has been taboo for people of color and it was not too long ago that a talent like Warren Moon found it extremely hard to find work in the NFL until later in his career. Mind you, he had more talent than a lot of QB's that were in the NFL at the same time.

Mr. McNabb (Papa) is from the old school and with that he would like to see people of color reach the highest positions that this country has to offer only because he came up in a time where something like that was not allowed. How this pertains to T.O. is that this is the first time that a QB and WR of color had a real chance to not only be SB champions but to also be recognized as two of the best at their positions in the league.

That's what I'm guessing Mr. McNabb meant by his comment. It saddens me that Mr. Owens didn't grasp the total picture of what he could've accomplished not just for the NFL but for a generation of folks that had to fight hard so that he could be in the position he is in today. I think if Philly would have won the SB with McNabb and T.O., the city would have been his and he would have gained a whole lot more than what he had his eyes on ever since he came into the NFL.

From a football perspective it shouldn't matter what color skin anyone has but life outside of football tells us a much different story and sometimes it can bleed over into the sports and other aspects of life that on the surface should not have anything to do with race. Players play for many different reasons and apparently, some fans watch for just as many different reasons as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Martice said:
Well my take on the "race" quote is McNabb (papa) doesn't understand that some people of color pray for a QB of color to win the big one and be at the top of his game. For years, the QB position has been taboo for people of color and it was not too long ago that a talent like Warren Moon found it extremely hard to find work in the NFL until later in his career. Mind you, he had more talent than a lot of QB's that were in the NFL at the same time.

Mr. McNabb (Papa) is from the old school and with that he would like to see people of color reach the highest positions that this country has to offer only because he came up in a time where something like that was not allowed. How this pertains to T.O. is that this is the first time that a QB and WR of color had a real chance to not only be SB champions but to also be recognized as two of the best at their positions in the league.

That's what I'm guessing Mr. McNabb meant by his comment. It saddens me that Mr. Owens didn't grasp the total picture of what he could've accomplished not just for the NFL but for a generation of folks that had to fight hard so that he could be in the position he is in today. I think if Philly would have won the SB with McNabb and T.O., the city would have been his and he would have gained a whole lot more than what he had his eyes on ever since he came into the NFL.

From a football perspective it shouldn't matter what color skin anyone has but life outside of football tells us a much different story and sometimes it can bleed over into the sports and other aspects of life that on the surface should not have anything to do with race. Players play for many different reasons and apparently, some fans watch for just as many different reasons as well.

Too late Doug Williams already been there and done that. LOL. This is not the 60's any longer but the more this is thrown out there given today’s society it become harder to take seriously, it is like someone constantly crying wolf after a while people get sick of hearing it

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Martice said:
Well my take on the "race" quote is McNabb (papa) understands that some people of color pray for a QB like them win the big one and be at the top of his game.

For years, the QB position has been taboo for people of color and it was not too long ago that a talent like Warren Moon found it extremely hard to find work in the NFL until later in his career. Mind you, he had more talent than a lot of QB's that were in the NFL at the same time.

Although I appreciate what you are saying, Doug Williams and Art Monk might have a thing or two to say about that...

Martice

Reaction score
Yeah Doug won one with Art Monk but Doug wasn't on the level of McNabb as far as exposure and talent. Nobody ever had Doug Williams as one of the top three QB's in the league which explains why he is quickly overlooked as a great QB.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Although I appreciate what you are saying, Doug Williams and Art Monk might have a thing or two to say about that...

That is what I don't understand about McNabb.

Players like James Harris, Joe Gilliam and Doug Williams played in an era where they were the ONLY black QBs. But yet now it keeps coming up when there twenty-five percent of the starting QBs are black.

I have no sympathy for McNabb's "struggles" in comparison to what the others I mentioned had to deal with. None.

Alexander

Reaction score
Martice said:
Yeah Doug won one with Art Monk but Doug wasn't on the level of McNabb as far as exposure and talent. Nobody ever had Doug Williams as one of the top three QB's in the league which explains why he is quickly overlooked as a great QB.

All Doug Williams would have needed was some Chunky Soup commercials.

Martice

Reaction score
Alexander said:
That is what I don't understand about McNabb.

Players like James Harris, Joe Gilliam and Doug Williams played in an era where they were the ONLY black QBs. But yet now it keeps coming up when there twenty-five percent of the starting QBs are black.

I have no sympathy for McNabb's "struggles" in comparison to what the others I mentioned had to deal with. None.

I hear you Alexander. What McNabb and T.O. had a chance to be was not only SB champs but to be recognized as two of the best in the game. None of the QB's listed above fit that criterior and that's including Doug Williams.

Cowchick

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Black people make "race" comments based on their life experiences. Race alway plays a part.

Dumbest statement I've read in a long time..

Alexander

Reaction score
EGG said:
apparently being a full-time victim of society kinda tweaks your sanity...

That's a good one, but if Owens is a full-time victim, then McNabb is a fully fledged damsel in distress.

Who says chivalry is dead?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Martice said:
I hear you Alexander. What McNabb and T.O. had a chance to be was not only SB champs but to be recognized as two of the best in the game. None of the QB's listed above fit that criterior and that's including Doug Williams.

Actually I think Warren Moon was a much better QB than McNabb could even dream. And in my opinion Moon should be in the HOF

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Actually I think Warren Moon was a much better QB than McNabb could even dream. And in my opinion Moon should be in the HOF

Not to forget the fact that Steve McNair came a foot distance of winning SB. I mean the excuses are rediculous for the stupid statement that Dad McNabb made.

And, you know, injuries are part of equation to be being great, but man Steve McNair probably would have been one of the great QBs if he ever managed to stay healthy. Somehow he never gets the love that McNabb seems to get, even when Race issue is brought up.