Eagles reject latest apology

TwentyOne

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Really -- folks here expect the Eagles to be some sort of stupid organization that changes their mind. Let's give them a little credit.

Oooops, who did sign this TO Guy again.....????

:lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Not to forget the fact that Steve McNair came a foot distance of winning SB. I mean the excuses are rediculous for the stupid statement that Dad McNabb made.

And, you know, injuries are part of equation to be being great, but man Steve McNair probably would have been one of the great QBs if he ever managed to stay healthy. Somehow he never gets the love that McNabb seems to get, even when Race issue is brought up.

I agree about McNair, I think the guy has been an oustanding QB but injuries clearly had a major impact on his career.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Not to forget the fact that Steve McNair came a foot distance of winning SB. I mean the excuses are rediculous for the stupid statement that Dad McNabb made.

And, you know, injuries are part of equation to be being great, but man Steve McNair probably would have been one of the great QBs if he ever managed to stay healthy. Somehow he never gets the love that McNabb seems to get, even when Race issue is brought up.

McNair has more guts than McNabb could ever dream of. McNabb is getting great publicity and adolation playing through the "hernia", but that is nothing compared to the beating that McNair has taken and played with year after year.

Martice

Reaction score
Steve McNair was a good QB and it's unfortunate that injuries derailed his quest for greatness. The fact that Warren Moon should be a hall of famer is silly to even dispute in my opinion. This is what I am talking about when I say that to many, McNabb and T.O. had a chance to be not only winners but special at the same time. Maybe not to all people but to some people and for reasons that don't have much to do about football. To a generation of people who were denied civil liberties for much of their lives based on the way they look, these things are very much at the forefront of their thinking. I guess you'd have to be in that position to understand.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Martice said:
Yeah Doug won one with Art Monk but Doug wasn't on the level of McNabb as far as exposure and talent. Nobody ever had Doug Williams as one of the top three QB's in the league which explains why he is quickly overlooked as a great QB.

That is only because Doug Williams broke into the NFL with, what was probably the worst possible situation any QB could imagine, Tampa Bay. IMO, the worst football team I've ever seen. How good was Doug Williams coming out of Grambling University? He was a first round in the 1978 draft. This is a team that went a combined 2-30 in 1976 and 77, the two years prior to Doug Williams coming to TB. Horrible is all I can say. In the 5 years Williams was in TB, they managed to go 34-39. A significant improvement, to say the least. This is a team that almost destroyed Steve Young (HOF QB), the 1st pick of the first round selected by TB in 1984 Supplemental. A team that did eventually destroy Jack Thompson, 3rd pick, 1st round 1979 (thou in fairness, they had help from the Bengals).

Williams was, IMO, a great QB that suffered ungodly abuse his first 5 years in the NFL. He only played 9 years total because of it. Doug Williams gets blessed with going anywhere but TB and maybe we are not posting stuff about McNappie and the whole black QB thing.

Doug Williams was a much better QB then he's getting credit for here, IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Actually I think Warren Moon was a much better QB than McNabb could even dream. And in my opinion Moon should be in the HOF

This is as true a statement as one can make, IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Martice said:
Steve McNair was a good QB and it's unfortunate that injuries derailed his quest for greatness. The fact that Warren Moon should be a hall of famer is silly to even dispute in my opinion. This is what I am talking about when I say that to many, McNabb and T.O. had a chance to be not only winners but special at the same time. Maybe not to all people but to some people and for reasons that don't have much to do about football. To a generation of people who were denied civil liberties for much of their lives based on the way they look, these things are very much at the forefront of their thinking. I guess you'd have to be in that position to understand.

IMO, Neither McNair or McNappie fit this discription. Williams and certainly Moon would be better suited. Those players delt with the overwhelming brunt of what your trying to discuss here. The real work had already been done, IMO, before McNair or McNappie came along.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
IMO, Neither McNair or McNappie fit this discription. Williams and certainly Moon would be better suited. Those players delt with the overwhelming brunt of what your trying to discuss here. The real work had already been done, IMO, before McNair or McNappie came along.

Moon had to go to Canada and prove himself to the NFL.

McNabb didn't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

I agree. Moon went to the CFL because no NFL team was willing to give him a chance but once he got the chance Moon made the most of it.

Martice

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Actually I think Warren Moon was a much better QB than McNabb could even dream. And in my opinion Moon should be in the HOF

That is the point that I'm trying to make here. Not only was Moon better than McNabb but he was better than a lot of QB's playing in the NFL while he was killing it up in Canada. To some fans who watched as talented QB's of color were passed over for lesser talented white players created scars that don't easily heal with time.

The Warren Moon era wasn't too long ago and so to imagine that McNabbs father was probably one of the people who watched as players like Moon were passed over before. Saying that, I'm not suprised that when it comes to football, he would indeed like to see a QB of color that has the talent and skill to win be recognized on the highest level by the team, the country and his peers.

It just so happens that the one he is talking about this time is his son.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Martice said:
That is the point that I'm trying to make here. Not only was Moon better than McNabb but he was better than a lot of QB's playing in the NFL while he was killing it up in Canada. To some fans who watched as talented QB's of color were passed over for lesser talented white players created scars that don't easily heal with time.

The Warren Moon era wasn't too long ago and so to imagine that McNabbs father was probably one of the people who watched as players like Moon were passed over before. Saying that, I'm not suprised that when it comes to football, he would indeed like to see a QB of color that has the talent and skill to win be recognized on the highest level by the team, the country and his peers.

It just so happens that the one he is talking about this time is his son.

True but those dues have been paid by the like of Moon and Williams and a host of others. To continue playing the race card today has gotten old and holds little in terms of reality. Black and White QB’s alike take a lot of abuse from fans and media when things are going bad but it is equal and it comes with the job.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
True but those dues have been paid by the like of Moon and Williams and a host of others. To continue playing the race card today has gotten old and holds little in terms of reality. Black and White QB’s alike take a lot of abuse from fans and media when things are going bad but it is equal and it comes with the job.

Exactly and seems like Race card only gets pulled out when things go bad. And a pretty bullet proof shield to hide under. I didn't see anyone coming to defense of Jeff Garcia was called names and blasted in Media by TO, with a race card.

Like Aikman didn't take abuse from media and fans here, during end of career or even in prime of his career sometimes. Heck, point to any QBs, they have taken abuse from media, fans etc. Thats comes with territory. If you want to hide under race issue, then maybe the job is not for you.

To McFlappy's credit, at least he doesn't try to hide under that issue. He does handle most of that stuff with dignity, as much as I don't like him, since he is Eagle QB, you have to give that much to him. Whether he thinks that privately or not, thats moot point.

Martice

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Hi ABQCOWBOY. I am not saying that McNabb is a pioneer to me or anyone else. What I am saying and trying to maybe rationalize is what McNabb's father said regarding race. McNabb and T.O. WERE in the position to do something special for his team, the NFL and for a generation who more than likely came up in a time when seeing a QB of his skin color reach the level of notoriety and success that McNabb has enjoyed was basically impossible.

Yes Williams, Moon, Gilliam etc, paved the way for players like Vick, McNabb and McNAir but none of that matters if the current players today don't maximize the opportunity created by the one's before them and represent it well.

This is why I think McNabb's father was saying "as a Black Man" he was disappointed in Owens behavior because in his mind it is bigger than the game and was a chance to be a landmark accomplishment at least in his mind and probably for all those who had to go through what the people in his generation had to go through. Owen's being one of the top three WR's in the game and his son being one of the top 3 QB's in the game and to win a SB would have mattered to many people on a varitey of levels and sections in our society.

Once again, to keep it football related. Why was Warren Moon not drafted earlier in his career to go to the NFL? This is why it is important to people like McNabb's father because whatever the reason was I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with football.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Sexy Football Goddess said:
Dumbest statement I've read in a long time..

Why is it dumb? Please enlighten me. I hope you don't think race is brought up just for fun and for no apparent reason? I could say your response to my post was typical for people who have no sense of anything outside of their own little world. But I would be out of order if I said that. By the way, if you keep reading I'm sure you'll come across something "dumber". Written anything prior to this?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am watching the recap of the PC on ESPN.

Let me ask this. If Drew Rosenhaus is Terrell's spokesperson why is he pointing blame at the Eagles if Terrell is sorry?

Does that make any sense?

If I am in the Eagles FO I immediately say, "well we know how he really feels don't we?"

In my opinion if Terrell's apology was genuine Rosenhaus shot him down.

Martice

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

I hear you Dooms. I guess in short, McNabb's father was right on point with everything that he said about T.O.. Now it's obvious that he feels that when a person of color has a chance to shine and be at the top of anything that they are doing, it is important to many other people of color that the person set the highest of examples because it was not too long ago that people of color even had this opportunity to shine.

As far as dues being paid, I'm not in a position to determine when dues have been paid or not. However, I will say that it we are a nation of many cultures and colors and their is a certain pride that goes along with these cultures. I live in NYC and depending where you go, you'll see national flags all over the place from Italian flags to Dominican flags and all the way in between. Everyone wants to see whatever it is that they represent or they feel represents them look good on the national stage. And as a man of color, Mr McNabb felt ashamed that T.O. would conduct himself on a national stage in this manner.

Should this matter to all of us? No. However, it does matter to some others and I guess it matters a lot to Mr. McNabb.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
As far as "dues" go... James Harris should not be excluded from the list...

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
As far as "dues" go... James Harris should not be excluded from the list...

A lot of guys have paid dues in the past. Even McNabb is paying dues in the present. He certainly has it much easier than those that came before him. He can actually focus on being an NFL QB instead of dealing with death threats just because he is black like the guys in the past. Dorsett has said that he received several death threats in his early Cowboy years. That was just under 30 years ago. McNabb probably still hears racist comments and insults. Quincy Carter got them two years ago, but that is a long way from death threats.

Those that follow McNabb will have it easier than him. McNabb's dad seems to imply that T.O. doesn't truly appreciate how good the situation is now. T.O. hasn't brought out the race card and he proves that anyone can be a jerk no matter their race.

HOF

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Why does this have to be a race issue again? I mean I was with McFlabb's Dad till those comments. I guess when critisizing, we should be checking our color and the other person's color before doing so? Man, too many people use Race in every issue.

I agree completely! Those comments were incredible! If it was a white QB it would have been "more understandable"???

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I am watching the recap of the PC on ESPN.

Let me ask this. If Drew Rosenhaus is Terrell's spokesperson why is he pointing blame at the Eagles if Terrell is sorry?
That was one of the most ridiculous PC's I have ever seen. Rosenhaus was screaming all kinds of crap trying to defend TO and trying to prove a point. The fact of the matter is all he did was make himself look like the huge jerk we already know he is.