Eagles release CB Darius Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Slay was the best Corner. Weird
Maybe they are releasing him a year before he goes south. Used to be the “Patriot Way” of handling vets who were a year or two from being ineffective. Slay was good at times but we torched him last December in our win over the e-girls. I believe Gilmore is a better Corner.

plasticman

Reaction score
For those who don't understand the side effects of going "all in" during a particular year, I understand they are the highest in dead cap money, or was, very recently.

They have lost half their starting defense and don't think they didn't want to keep those guys. They gambled and they lost.

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
For those who don't understand the side effects of going "all in" during a particular year, I understand they are the highest in dead cap money, or was, very recently.

They have lost half their starting defense and don't think they didn't want to keep those guys. They gambled and they lost.
They lost Hargrave, Edwards and a safety no one ever heard of.

They drafted their replacements last year in Davis and Dean.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Diggs to FS
Pretty sure Safeties are required to TACKLE, lol - kind of in the job description. Hit and tackle. That would not work with Diggs. Leave him where he is opposite Gilmore now with Bland as the nickel.

Sydla

Reaction score
Roseman does it again it looks like.

Wonder if this means Gardner Johnson is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.