Eagles release CB Darius Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Thank you. I mean it was clear as day for anyone paying attention. That's how I know these guys don't and they will say we suck for not signing someone lol. Man Slay was food towards the end of last year and Bradberry was better. Howie didn't get it wrong lol. He saw it himself.

Reactions: Ken

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
How is All Pro a joke? And where do you keep getting he only guarded numbers twos lol?

Bradberry literally has guarded all receivers his whole career lol. And who is doing the grades you are referencing? Are these your grades?
Pff grades. And I live in the Philly area. I watch the games. Slay covered the opponents #1 most of the time. JB covered the 2s. And all pro is voted on by writers. JB over Slay is a joke yes.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't see the upside for the Eagles in releasing Slay. Wouldn't the dead cap be through the roof?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Thank you. I mean it was clear as day for anyone paying attention. That's how I know these guys don't and they will say we suck for not signing someone lol. Man Slay was food towards the end of last year and Bradberry was better. Howie didn't get it wrong lol. He saw it himself.
Lol I didn't mention anything about signing Slay. He may have struggled down the stretch but he's still a better CB than JB. If you think the Eagles made the right choice talent wise (it was a better choice because of their team structure and cap sitch) watch what happens when JB has to cover the teams best wr consistently now. Lamb showed you how that goes last year. It's gonna be a laugh.

Ken

Reaction score
Hits keep coming...Apparently Miles Sanders to Carolina.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Hits keep coming...Apparently Miles Sanders to Carolina.
No news there, everyone knew it was his last year in Philly, nice guy, great back but Philly doesn’t do second contracts for running backs.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Little surprising with this release. I assume something was said behind closed doors.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Slay was the best Corner. Weird
Slay obviously wanted a payday, and wasn't content playing out his deal.

Eagles didn't want to lose him, but if he forced them to choose between re-signing to big money at 32, or cutting him, they made the smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.