Eagles release CB Darius Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-man

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind adding him for the right price.

I think this means the igglets will definitely go after a top CB in the draft. Witherspoon probably if he makes it to 10. If he doesn't, than they hope for either Smith, Gonzalez, Porter jr. to fall to 30. If not Ringo, Banks or Ricks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's absolutely true..not every play of course but the majority of plays. We saw what happened when JB tried to cover Lamb. And Slay made the Pro Bowl so pretty sure he wasn't getting burnt all year as you suggest.
Slay started off ok but tailed off towards the end.

Pro Bowl is a joke....proof? Slay made the Pro Bowl.....Bradberry made ALL PRO lol. You tell me which one you'd prefer?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have seen him go that high in mocks. CB will be a priority for them regardless.
You've seen him go lately? Witherspoon and Gonzales have been top 10 from the mocks I've seen. I've seen Joey Porter fall to the Cowboys in mocks.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You've seen him go lately? Witherspoon and Gonzales have been top 10 from the mocks I've seen. I've seen Joey Porter fall to the Cowboys in mocks.
Witherspoon should go first with Gonzales going second. I’ve seen both of those guys going in the top 10. Porter typically goes in the upper teens or lower 20’s.

I’ve seen several mocks that have Witherspoon to Detroit at 6 and Gonzales to Philly at 10, with Porter going to Washington at 16.

Porter is mocked a lot to Pittsburgh, of course.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Witherspoon should go first with Gonzales going second. I’ve seen both of those guys going in the top 10. Porter typically goes in the upper teens or lower 20’s.

I’ve seen several mocks that have Witherspoon to Detroit at 6 and Gonzales to Philly at 10, with Porter going to Washington at 16.

Porter is mocked a lot to Pittsburgh, of course.
Yeah I've seen Porter to Steelers....think its mocks getting cute to go to the team his dad played for. If he makes it there I Can certainly see him getting drafting there.

The tough part about figuring out those corners is all those teams in the top 10 who don't need a QB. Not really many pass rushers are projected to go top 10 or offensive line. I think that's going to force Gonzales and Witherspoon to get taken top 10 and it helps that Sauce Gardner came right in and played great. Copy cat league.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Slay started off ok but tailed off towards the end.

Pro Bowl is a joke....proof? Slay made the Pro Bowl.....Bradberry made ALL PRO lol. You tell me which one you'd prefer?
By the same logic Bradberry making All Pro is a joke. He graded out slightly better but again..covering mainly 2s. Him trying to cover 1s is gonna make for a funny season. Love it as a Cowboys fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By the same logic Bradberry making All Pro is a joke. He graded out slightly better but again..covering mainly 2s. Him trying to cover 1s is gonna make for a funny season. Love it as a Cowboys fan.
How is All Pro a joke? And where do you keep getting he only guarded numbers twos lol?

Bradberry literally has guarded all receivers his whole career lol. And who is doing the grades you are referencing? Are these your grades?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bye bye Diggs
Cowboys scrounging up some money from somebody, and they talked about trading for Slay just yesterday...today no compensation necessary.

Diggs should fetch a 1st rounder and some pocket change, but I doubt Dallas makes a move like that especially with a homegrown guy.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I aint gonna lie

Id rather have signed Slay, than Trade a pick for Gilmore
That’s crazy. Slay has a big contract, was burned often last year, and is the same age as Gilmore. Slay was never as good as Gilmore.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I aint gonna lie

Id rather have signed Slay, than Trade a pick for Gilmore
He’s going to get big money.

If you wanted to sign him to an extension and plan on keeping him for years, I guess, but we have big paydays coming up for Diggs, CeeDee and Micah

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He’s going to get big money.

If you wanted to sign him to an extension and plan on keeping him for years, I guess, but we have big paydays coming up for Diggs, CeeDee and Micah
We could afford all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.