Eagles release France

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Absolutely get him in here fast.

Didn't France set some records in NFLE and isn't he the guy who was in a neck and neck battle in the pre-season with Matt Bryant in Tampa?

Makes you wonder if maybe he hurt himself recently for the Eagles to release him and pick up Cortez. It makes no sense whatsoever from the outside looking in.
As I have stated before, I think France would be a good addition. The only "negative" in my eyes is his kickoff abilities. Opponents usually had good field postion but that may be due to coverage teams.

Git 'r dun!!!!!!

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
BP talked a little bit about France. He said that when they worked out that group that included Suisham and France that they thought that Suisham was a better match for them with fg and kicking off.

I saw someone previously had mentioned that France has shorter kickoffs. However with our inability to get 6, might it not be a good idea to get the guy with the better field goal kicking ability? I don't know that we know anything really about Suisham, other than BP says he looks good in practice.

jman

Reaction score
Lets see...Poor field conditions and Cortez can't hit the broad side of a barn...And winter is upon us with all that great weather in Philly and they pick up Cortez???

What's the over/under for Cortez kicking off out of bounds for the Eagles?

Let's set the line at 2 1/2...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
jman said:
Lets see...Poor field conditions and Cortez can't hit the broad side of a barn...And winter is upon us with all that great weather in Philly and they pick up Cortez???What's the over/under for Cortez kicking off out of bounds for the Eagles?Let's set the line at 2 1/2...

Man! You're full of ...good news. Are you just blowing smoke or just smoke blowing? Listen, I'm not trying to yank your chain, or give you a hard time about your opinion, but Cotez would have to kick on the same field, under the same field conditions if he were still playing for Dallas at an Eagles Home game.

Let's see what he's got. Besides, he'll have plenty of opportunity to practice kicking under the austere conditions you described in Philadelphila.