Twitter: Eagles request to interview Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's only 127 division 1 football teams, not 300 plus. There isn't as much turnover on head coaches in schools not in the top 5 conferences as you think there is because they know it's much harder to get qualified coaches to come to a smaller school.
Oh. I guess all those Div 1 schools don’t have football? It’s actually much less. About 250.

How many Division 1 football teams are there?
There are 125 Division 1 FCS football teams and 129 FBS football teams. FCS, or the Football Championship Subdivision, comprises 14 conferences: the Big Sky, Big South, CAA, Independent, Ivy, MEAC, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Pioneer, Southern, Southland and SWAC conferences. FCS football teams compete in a 24-team playoff for the NCAA Division 1 Football Championship. Find the latest college football recruiting news here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A lot of the turnover in college is coaches moving up, not out. If a HC is performing well enough at a big school, he has to pull something like Meyer, Briles, Paterno or Petrino to get canned. Stoops got crossways with a well healed alum over the Mixon handling and that cost him his job.

Then there's the Texas job, the worst booster situation in the NCAA. Sarkisian has no idea what's in store for him the first time he ruffles feathers. As a Hog, I lap this stuff up like a fat cat at a dairy.
I thought Stoops left cause of health concerns?

Yea, 40 acres are a bad bunch. Maybe worst alumni and booster situation no doubt. I think they were headed in right direction. They fired Akers years ago prematurely as he turned out to be best winning percentage in school history. The Whorns just can’t grasp they aren’t the only show in Texas. Almost everyone in Norman has out recruited them. Briles at Baylor even out recruited them . And Aggies are beginning to as well. I have a feeling this is another hasty decision and will backfire.

ESisback

Reaction score
The problem is the talent in college is reduced to the most Elite schools in Power 5 conferences who can stockpile the talent.

Imagine if we had recruiting in the NFL instead of a draft. And players could choose where they wanted to go. Lol

The Final 4 in NCAA has basically come down to a handful of schools. And absolutely a handful of conferences.

The NFL on the other hand is still pretty wide open. On the most part the teams with the best QB and HC remain on top with few exceptions until a new QB and or HC break thru.

Yeah, I’d agree the HC/QB is a major driving force behind being consistently competitive, but it seems like it’s become more of a year to year proposition than ever before. So many variables like injuries, rule changes, officiating, player and coaching movements, contract squabbles, overreaction and impatience from too many delusional, easily triggered and/or entitled players, fans, owners, etc. Every little detail is over analyzed and overdramatized.

It just seems like all the extra CRAP has taken the fun out of it, or at least has made the older fan say, “What other options are out there?” They’re trying (desperately?) games on different platforms (like Nickelodeon) to hook their next generation of happy consumer$.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d agree the HC/QB is a major driving force behind being consistently competitive, but it seems like it’s become more of a year to year proposition than ever before. So many variables like injuries, rule changes, officiating, player and coaching movements, contract squabbles, overreaction and impatience from too many delusional, easily triggered and/or entitled players, fans, owners, etc. Every little detail is over analyzed and overdramatized.

It just seems like all the extra CRAP has taken the fun out of it, or at least has made the older fan say, “What other options are out there?” They’re trying (desperately?) games on different platforms (like Nickelodeon) to hook their next generation of happy consumer$.
Yea, that’s probably true for this generation of fans .

I’m an old diehard. If I’ll tolerate Jethro I’ll prob tolerate anything.

It’s still my favorite time of the year and always will be for sports. I’m a football junkie:)

ESisback

Reaction score
Yea, that’s probably true for this generation of fans .

I’m an old diehard. If I’ll tolerate Jethro I’ll prob tolerate anything.

It’s still my favorite time of the year and always will be for sports. I’m a football junkie:)

Long live the diehards!✊

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You think Moore will tell the Eagles his game plan on how he would beat them when they meet? Seriously? Would they like loosen him up with drinks first or something? Snicker snicker

When did I ever say Moore would divulge his secrets? Nevertheless, the Eagles would love to give it a try. Big difference, there. Hey, if they hired him for a boatload of money, he might be more tempted to say more than he would otherwise. Getting a job for big money can easily change things. I'm hoping KM turns them down and stays with Dallas. I think he'd be better off doing so. So far, I haven't heard of him agreeing to talk to them. ;)

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Now granted when a defense is in a prevent defense, it often prevents them from winning, but how come we don't hear all the garbage time scores when Wilson is losing and ends up losing the game or say he can't score when Seattle loses and only scores 12 points? The reason is because even the best QB's have bad games. As far as scoring in the 4th quarter, I wouldn't want a QB that doersn't try to win until the final second clicks off the clock. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that some here call it garbage time when in reality it's a QB still trying to win a game. Let me know when the QB comes around that gets his team to score 14 points a quarter, starting with the first quarter and every quarter and does this in every game. Quick math for you that's 56 points EVERY game and that would mean that he would spend his career undefeated.

What games are you comparing Dak to Wilson to, other than some subjective claims?

And it is garbage time, because defenses start playing the odds. Yeah, it’s not impossible for a team to come back from a huge deficit, but the odds are likely that’s not going to happen. The objective is is to WIN the game for the defense as well, period. At garbage time, defenses are primarily concerned with playing the clock, not playing for some stats. They even bench starters to give them rest. They go prevent because they don’t want to give up any big plays, which allows for all types of padding of stars. They funnel things in the middle to allow for the clock to continue to tick.

And we also know that human nature tends to come into play with defenses also resting on their laurels as well.

Whether the QB is trying or not is irrelevant.

It’s still pretty much garbage time.

Carson

Reaction score
This thread is obsolete. Moore isn't even an interest any longer & was a "long shot".
  • The Eagles are set to interview Jerod Mayo and Duce Staley on Friday. These are two candidates only the Eagles have shown interest in. The Inquirer reported Mayo and NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark confirmed the Staley interview

They need to hire Duce. He played in Philly, coached in Philly, knows how they operate in Philly, is loved in Philly.

He’s their guy IMO.

They are in a bad situation with the cap. Might as well let him learn and have the growing pains and turn them back into a contender

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They need to hire Duce. He played in Philly, coached in Philly, knows how they operate in Philly, is loved in Philly.

He’s their guy IMO.

They are in a bad situation with the cap. Might as well let her learn and have the growing pains and turn them back into a contender
Agree 110%. Duce carried that team numerous of seasons. I have a gut feeling Duce will be their next HC.

Valkyr

Reaction score
This thread is obsolete. Moore isn't even an interest any longer & was a "long shot".
  • The Eagles are set to interview Jerod Mayo and Duce Staley on Friday. These are two candidates only the Eagles have shown interest in. The Inquirer reported Mayo and NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark confirmed the Staley interview
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ching-search-tracker-latest-names-tied-eagles
They should bring Parcells out of retirement and also get Mayo somehow.

Then they could have Tuna with Mayo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What games are you comparing Dak to Wilson to, other than some subjective claims?

And it is garbage time, because defenses start playing the odds. Yeah, it’s not impossible for a team to come back from a huge deficit, but the odds are likely that’s not going to happen. The objective is is to WIN the game for the defense as well, period. At garbage time, defenses are primarily concerned with playing the clock, not playing for some stats. They even bench starters to give them rest. They go prevent because they don’t want to give up any big plays, which allows for all types of padding of stars. They funnel things in the middle to allow for the clock to continue to tick.

And we also know that human nature tends to come into play with defenses also resting on their laurels as well.

And, as I mentioned earlier, the Cowboys were scoring an average of 15.4 points in the first quarter of games that Dak played in, so contrary to your claims the offense was functioning well early in games, with the exception of the fumbles. There was only a 9 point differential between the total first half points the Cowboys scored in those games vs. the total 2nd half points.

I have to say I'm curious that a QB being able to help a team dig out of an early hole is somehow now seen as a negative. For most of the history of the NFL it was considered a positive to not give up and keep fighting and claw back into a game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

You're well known here as a Prescott hater and thus is blinded to anything that is good about him. That Wilson game I refereed to was week 13 when Wilson and Seattle only scored 12 points against the giants, let me repeat that, the giants, yet nobody was saying Gee Wilson is just an average QB because Seattle only scored 12 points like you and others have said when Prescott and the Cowboys don't score a lot of points. As I've said before I'd rather have a QB that keeps trying to win games that one that just gives up. And NO trying to keep winning IS NOT garbage time, it's trying to win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yea, 40 acres are a bad bunch. Maybe worst alumni and booster situation no doubt. I think they were headed in right direction. They fired Akers years ago prematurely as he turned out to be best winning percentage in school history. The Whorns just can’t grasp they aren’t the only show in Texas. Almost everyone in Norman has out recruited them. Briles at Baylor even out recruited them . And Aggies are beginning to as well. I have a feeling this is another hasty decision and will backfire.
The health concern was a smoke screen that allowed him to save some face because when that video of Mixon got released, heads were exploding and remember, this is the OU of the Switzer "is everybody packing? Let's ride" days so there were some very concerned alums with very deep pockets.

Stoops deserved to be fired and embarrassed as much as Briles was for the way he mishandled the Mixon situation.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

My Frogs have also crushed them

khiladi

Reaction score
You're well known here as a Prescott hater and thus is blinded to anything that is good about him. That Wilson game I refereed to was week 13 when Wilson and Seattle only scored 12 points against the giants, let me repeat that, the giants, yet nobody was saying Gee Wilson is just an average QB because Seattle only scored 12 points like you and others have said when Prescott and the Cowboys don't score a lot of points. As I've said before I'd rather have a QB that keeps trying to win games that one that just gives up. And NO trying to keep winning IS NOT garbage time, it's trying to win.

What does Seattle and Wilson losing to the Giants have to do with Dak consistently padding his stats in garbage time?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
What does Seattle and Wilson losing to the Giants have to do with Dak consistently padding his stats in garbage time?

You see the Prescott haters say padding his stats but those that don't hate Prescott see it for what it really is and that is he keep trying to win games until the last second ticks off. It's not garbage time, it still trying to win.

khiladi

Reaction score
You see the Prescott haters say padding his stats but those that don't hate Prescott see it for what it really is and that is he keep trying to win games until the last second ticks off. It's not garbage time, it still trying to win.

Trying to win games in garbage time is still padding stats in garbage time, with defenses playing to burn off time and not give up the big play, thus the racking up of garbage time stats.

Yes, you may win, but the chances are slim and rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.