Twitter: Eagles request to interview Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
Doesn't Jerry have the ability to block an interview, kinda like he did with Eberflus a few years ago?
And when a currently employed coach\coordinator interviews, the job must be a promotion - not a lateral move?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He won’t go for the interview. They probably told kellen he’s going to be next head coach

quickccc

Reaction score
Weird move. I don't think he's anywhere near ready to be an NFL head Coach.

Hopefully he tells Philly to kick rocks.

Expect several others HC offers for Kellen over the next year.
In Cowboys eyes,.. in the eyes of the NFL world, they envision Kellen as the next Sean McVey
and they'll chance his short term coaching experience to get his offensive mind into their HC role.

- what I find odd is Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy is also out there for the taking, but have the Eagles even tried to interview Bienemy ?
Guys like Zac Taylor (Cincy) and Matt Nagy (Chicago ) can have a pathway to HC callings but not Bienemy ?

-Teams wanna jump at Urban Meyer for a possible interview and HC opening but not a front runner Chiefs OC ?

ghst187

Reaction score
Smart move by the Eagles. They putting this story out there so Jerry would think Moore is valuable. Jerry will now hold in to Moore, for the next three years, assuring Dallas an 8-8 record over that span.

Genius!

Yep! They are baiting Jerry to run give Moore and ten year extension and elevate him to “assistant to the head coach”

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I saw something from Bleacher Report a few days ago that Adam Gase was a strong candidate lol.

That was just be hilarious if they hired him, all of the NFC East would like that. Hahaha

Sydla

Reaction score
A few things to note here on this.

1) It's been reported that the front office is scrambling after Lurie fired Pederson. They had no real plans to change coaches so now they are in catch up mode and basically throwing out requests for interviews like a kid throws spaghetti on the wall hoping one sticks. It's been haphazard.

2) One beat guy says the defensive guys they want to talk to are likely not to get the job as Lurie is enamored with offense (his last three hires have all been considered offensive minded guys). However, they could be looking at potential DCs as we have found out that the Lurie and Roseman seem to have a Jerry Jones like fetish to hire some assistants for the HC.

3) The Eagles are notorious for making claims on guys that play for teams on their immediate schedule. It would not be surprising at all for them to want to talk to Moore and hope a side benefit would be to glean some info from him.

Loso86

Reaction score
no. you can only block a non headcoaching interview/hire from what i remember because all positions under head coach (including asst hc) are considered lateral moves. you can only block laeral moves.
I think he can which is why they requested

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This seems like a ploy to get information on how they could fix their $40 million paperweight. With the fire cell some of us believe they are about to do I don't think a young up and coming just starting his coaching career guy is going to take over that organization and win a super bowl I think they need a more experienced guy at the helm.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
A few things to note here on this.

1) It's been reported that the front office is scrambling after Lurie fired Pederson. They had no real plans to change coaches so now they are in catch up mode and basically throwing out requests for interviews like a kid throws spaghetti on the wall hoping one sticks. It's been haphazard.

2) One beat guy says the defensive guys they want to talk to are likely not to get the job as Lurie is enamored with offense (his last three hires have all been considered offensive minded guys). However, they could be looking at potential DCs as we have found out that the Lurie and Roseman seem to have a Jerry Jones like fetish to hire some assistants for the HC.

3) The Eagles are notorious for making claims on guys that play for teams on their immediate schedule. It would not be surprising at all for them to want to talk to Moore and hope a side benefit would be to glean some info from him.

It's inexplicable to me that they wouldn't go all-in for Bieniemy. I mean just back up the brinks truck. Ask him what he wants and give it to him. I still think there is a good chance he ends up in Philly, but the more they diddle around the less likely it is.

cern

Reaction score
Howie's a snake. Love moore, but he's not ready to be a hc just yet. If he took the job and things went bad, it would set him back on his career path. I doubt he'd take eagles job. He has too much integrity.

HanD

Reaction score
I think he can which is why they requested
It's out of courtesy from my understanding. But I could be wrong.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

Teams can interview any assistant coaches from other teams who are not in the playoffs. They must, however, request permission if a coach is under contract with another team.

Teams can block a candidate from interviewing for a position that would be a lateral move, but can’t stop assistant coaches from interviewing for a position that is a promotion.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nf...wing-for-coordinator-positions-191317600.html

As of this year you can't even block lateral interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.