Twitter: Eagles request to interview Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Riiiight... I think you people fail to realize that Dak was on pace for ~6,500 yards, ~40 touchdowns, and had a passer rating of 100 this season before he had his ankle snapped in half. You guys really don’t appreciate nice things.
I realize that Dak's stats were through the roof before his injury. That's not the issue. The issue is play calling. Moore has no clue how to utilize the running game or call plays in the red zone.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Good points.

I gotta say. The eagles current situation has to make them a less attractive destination than some of the other openings as well.

their roster is old. Their cap situation is horrible. And they have a QB controversy on their hands.

If I was a Head coach. I would be much more attracted to the Jags, Jets or Chargers jobs.

I think the only situation worse than theirs is the Texans, as far as teams hiring HC’s

It doesn’t mean somebody passes up a head coach opportunity. But if I am a coach who has multiple offers available to them...... I don’t pick the eagles over the others.

Yep. Philly is a big time train wreck right now for all the reasons you mentioned and others. They’re going to be bad for a few years.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Expect several others HC offers for Kellen over the next year.
In Cowboys eyes,.. in the eyes of the NFL world, they envision Kellen as the next Sean McVey
and they'll chance his short term coaching experience to get his offensive mind into their HC role.

Goes to show how underrated he is around here

Winonesoon

Reaction score
he can't block an interview for a promotion/HC position. you never could.

as of last offseason, now you can't block interviews for position coaches if it is deemed a promotion and not just a title.
Ok , point taken. I get that . If its lateral maybe there is more pull. Still, Kellen should have taken the Bosie job first.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I believe he has the right to refuse for any player under contract. I don't think he will unless Moore asks him to do that. Then again, Booger might ask him to get some inside skinny from Roseman and Lurie.

I don't think the Eagles job is right for Moore.
Agree, that city would tear him apart, DAL is very light on the coaches in sports media comp to PHI and NY...JJ rarely gets tested directly or you risk losing access. His head nearly exploded with the leaks this season bc he's the anonymous inside source on the majority of stories produced by DFW media.

HanD

Reaction score
Ok , point taken. I get that . If its lateral maybe there is more pull. Still, Kellen should have taken the Bosie job first.

between HC jobs, for sure. philly is a mess and BS was a better situation. but i think staying OC with dak coming back and the weapons he has is a better move long term for his promotion prospects.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
between HC jobs, for sure. philly is a mess and BS was a better situation. but i think staying OC with dak coming back and the weapons he has is a better move long term for his promotion prospects.
yes sir! :thumbup:Boy wonder is part of this uphill climb. He can go later when something is accomplished.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's inexplicable to me that they wouldn't go all-in for Bieniemy. I mean just back up the brinks truck. Ask him what he wants and give it to him. I still think there is a good chance he ends up in Philly, but the more they diddle around the less likely it is.

Lurie still has a lot of respect for Reid too and has often credited him for putting the franchise back on the map during their runs in the 2000s. It was Reid who pushed Pederson for the job and he won them their first SB. Bieniemy seems like the natural choice.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Expect several others HC offers for Kellen over the next year.
In Cowboys eyes,.. in the eyes of the NFL world, they envision Kellen as the next Sean McVey
and they'll chance his short term coaching experience to get his offensive mind into their HC role.

- what I find odd is Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy is also out there for the taking, but have the Eagles even tried to interview Bienemy ?
Guys like Zac Taylor (Cincy) and Matt Nagy (Chicago ) can have a pathway to HC callings but not Bienemy ?

-Teams wanna jump at Urban Meyer for a possible interview and HC opening but not a front runner Chiefs OC ?

Couple of things I'm reading/hearing about Eric.....Teams think he's riding Reid's coattail and he's not interviewing well.

Sydla

Reaction score
that Ironic really would be funny if he was hired as HC and have garett over in NY..wow

for all the fans who hate on these coaches , very ironic they are coveted by our opponents..

It's ironic that Garrett was coveted by the Giants? LOL. It was a demotion and let's note, he doesn't seem to be getting much interest in all these new openings for HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe he has the right to refuse for any player under contract. I don't think he will unless Moore asks him to do that. Then again, Booger might ask him to get some inside skinny from Roseman and Lurie.

I don't think the Eagles job is right for Moore.
I believe that’s only if it’s for a lateral move. This of course is not.

If Moore was considering the HC at Boise he must think he’s ready. You must consider these opportunities when they arise.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Can’t finish the season 8-8 ever again, it’s mathematically impossible with the additional game(s) on the schedule. So that stupid narrative is dead and gone.
Good. Now I don't have to worry about people texting me on August eight talking about "Happy Cowboys Day."

quickccc

Reaction score
Couple of things I'm reading/hearing about Eric.....Teams think he's riding Reid's coattail and he's not interviewing well.

Same could've been said for Matt Nagy who was the OC for Chiefs, before his eventual hire to the Bears HC job. :(

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe Jethro has made it known to Moore that he is the “ future of the Cowboys” like he did with Garrett?

Remember Garrett interviewed for Atlanta and Baltimore turning both down. Could Moore be taking same path?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most likely if we see another disastrous or under achieving season from Mikey , Moore would prob be the natural successor.

erod

Reaction score
Dak loves Kellen.

This would rip his heart out to watch Kellen leave.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If kellen wants to interview for that role I’d do everything I could to take back that extension if I were jerry.

If he signs elsewhere, the contract would be void anyway.

Just as if a coach is fired, and ay has 3 years left on his contract, and signs a new contract with another team, that 3 years is voice, or actually offset by the new contract.
So if the new contract is more, the old one is voided. If the new contract is less, then he gets that difference for this 3 years unless they come to a settlement.

That is how it used to work, I assume it still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.